• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2023 Feedback Thread

Agent327

Overlord
I don't have such a good memory. Don't even have much enthusiasm for the game any more. I play, then forget most of the things. All I remember is a significant drop in the number of matches where originally the average was above 2 while now it's close to 1, not even 1,5. Would you describe the complete picture rather then just post a question? Can't see any significant increase in stars.

Edit: also the keys, was not previously a key to a door on every single batch? Making it possible to get a key to each door if lucky?

Really?

You don't have a good memory, but that does not stop you to claim this?

Have the same issue. Previously up to 3, now mostly 1, which means the event is messed up or purposely tweaked down so as to force you to spend gems if you want the building. Which already makes the event a failure.

So you can not remember anything how it was, but you have no problem claiming the game is tweaked down so as to force you to spend gems if you want the building?

You really are something!

cnorton

Private
So you can not remember anything how it was, but you have no problem claiming the game is tweaked down so as to force you to spend gems if you want the building?

You really are something!
How about you cut the slack and rather present some useful information. Having matches drop from 1 to 3 before with average over 2, to current 1 or 2 with average close to 1 is a tweak down. If you have better memory or willing to dig in past data and know exactly if and how other aspects were changed to balance this tweak down, why don't you present them rather. Or if you know nothing more then I do, why don't you spare us of your egotistic entitled childish blab?

Gosh why does dude like you bother to respond when you clearly have nothing meaningful to say? If you believe I am wrong, post corrective information showing what is right. After all I did ask for clarification of the data which Knight loosely implies I might be missing. Or more specifically describe how many stars we got last year compared to know, and also describe the change in availability of keys to calendar. Don't make fool of yourself.

Last edited:

Tellx

Private
Looking at another site, I can see that last year each rush quest was 5 stars and daily quest 15 stars. This year that has been doubled to 10 and 30 stars. I'll leave it to the maths experts, but it seems like double the stars for a third less matches.

cnorton

Private
Looking at another site, I can see that last year each rush quest was 5 stars and daily quest 15 stars. This year that has been doubled to 10 and 30 stars. I'll leave it to the maths experts, but it seems like double the stars for a third less matches.
That sounds like the answer I was asking for. ty. No math expert needed. Double the stars and half the matches would balance itself to the same (or similar - depending on chances) results.
Taking my comment on gem grab back if the above post is correct, although money push has been recently visible in other areas, so no reasonable player should find big faults with such a statement. :)

Agent327

Overlord
How about you cut the slack and rather present some useful information. Having matches drop from 1 to 3 before with average over 2, to current 1 or 2 with average close to 1 is a tweak down. If you have better memory or willing to dig in past data and know exactly if and how other aspects were changed to balance this tweak down, why don't you present them rather. Or if you know nothing more then I do, why don't you spare us of your egotistic entitled childish blab?

Gosh why does dude like you bother to respond when you clearly have nothing meaningful to say? If you believe I am wrong, post corrective information showing what is right. After all I did ask for clarification of the data which Knight loosely implies I might be missing. Or more specifically describe how many stars we got last year compared to know, and also describe the change in availability of keys to calendar. Don't make fool of yourself.

Why should I be the one here doing the digging when you are the one making unfounded accusations? Reading this thread would have been enough, even before Tellx answered, so who is making a fool of himself? Just complain, cause that is the way to go these days. Complain and threaten to leave the game. That's really how you get things done. You don't even have to understand how something in the game works.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Why should I be the one here doing the digging when you are the one making unfounded accusations? Reading this thread would have been enough, even before Tellx answered, so who is making a fool of himself? Just complain, cause that is the way to go these days. Complain and threaten to leave the game. That's really how you get things done. You don't even have to understand how something in the game works.
And that has long been the problem here - as well as most other games. Whine and complain first, try to understand second. Although this particular game seems to have an abnormally high percentage of immediate whiners and complainers (heck, even before Events start, the whiners/complainers start saying how the Event Building is not possible - and yet many of the non-diamond spending players can complete with a few days to spare)

=CRS

Private

Last yearthere were 1-3 matches per turn, this has been changed to 2 but the event build should still be attainable with two, not sure if they have an extra upgrade through the questline , But should get it running the numbers and that was based on an average of 1.25 matches not 1.5, only a certain % of players from each world will end up getting 1.5 or greater match average

Last edited by a moderator:

cnorton

Private
It's simple. If you have time to post distorted mockery about what I posted, your time might be used far better if you actually presented some useful information. Your whining about other's complaining is more useless then the complaints themselves. Your whining just caused more wasted forum space. If you don't like complaining, cut it off with yourself first.

PS: Never threatened to leave the game. Read back and get your own data right first.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
This is poo compared to events from many years pf playing. Four days now and I still have not dropped a Calendar Key. I am thinking that it will be impossible to win the month challenge.... and please Knight of ICE do not reply to me. I find your posts VERY ABRUPT, ABRASIVE, and in some cases RUDE.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Same as in the previous Winter Event, calendar keys no longer drop on every board. If you mean by monthly challenge filling up the calendar, that has always been a very hard challenge also in the previous Winter Events. So no change there.
You mean "Same as this year's Summer Event". Last year in the Winter event there was a Calendar key on every board. This year's Summer event - which was a reskinned Winter event - is when this was changed: It started with a Calendar Key on every board, but following some balancing changes on Beta was changed to not having a key on every board. That change was carried over to the live version of the Summer event and then to the current event.

Speaking of Calendar keys, I'd like to point out something to everyone who missed it:
One of the rewards for completing the Calendar is Forge Plus. Yes, the same Forge Plus that costs 29,99 Euro. No way we'd have that as a reward if the calendar was not nearly impossible to complete for free.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Switched the daily this morning before going to work and had the winter epic pack, perfect for the amount of nutcrackers I wanted from this event (18).
Had 700 or so stars already and tossed 20X 1k diamonds so in total around 2 700 stars. For those 270 * 10 (stars required for 1 present) I ended up with 113 stars remaining and 483 progress. This is way above the 1.25 advertised by some on this thread for the switch from 1/2/3 lights to 1/2 lights.

Nidwin

Sergeant
I really could not understand why on earth you need 18 nutcrackers, till it dawned on me that you probably mean nutcracker guardhouses. Still leaves me with the question why 18. 15 should be enough.
Yes nutcracker guardhouses (level1), my mistake and sorry for that Ice. Also I need 18 and not 15 because I still have 40+ finish all special buildings and they will keep coming and rack up so I need extra massive aid kits for those. It's also possible, who knows, that in the coming events a building may also give fragments for finish all special buildings so I truly don't want to make the mistake to suddenly be short in nutcracker guardhouses.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
....Four days now and I still have not dropped a Calendar Key. I am thinking that it will be impossible to win the month challenge...
I think of Event calendars now as a prize only for players who want to buy them.
I don't bother attempting to get them.

If I can get a full Event building and later on get any upgrades via fragment collection, I'm happy.
Don't have a problem with those who pay extra getting extra.

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Switched the daily this morning before going to work and had the winter epic pack, perfect for the amount of nutcrackers I wanted from this event (18).
Had 700 or so stars already and tossed 20X 1k diamonds so in total around 2 700 stars. For those 270 * 10 (stars required for 1 present) I ended up with 113 stars remaining and 483 progress. This is way above the 1.25 advertised by some on this thread for the switch from 1/2/3 lights to 1/2 lights.
Your math is off. On every board:
Shuffle gives 10 stars
Show Two gives 3 stars
There is a 14 stars reward on the board
You also get stars for finding the key more than once per day, but lets assume you are so unlucky you never get a key on the board, so no stars from there.

If you open all 16 presents you get 27 bonus stars per board. That means:
270/16 = 16.875 boards
16 boards * 27 extra stars per board = 432 extra stars at least

Now let's assume you only get the stars from Shuffle. That means at most 14 presents per board, or in other words:
270/14 = 19.286 boards
19 boards * 10 extra stars per board = 190 extra stars at least

So even in the worst case scenario you get at least 190 extra stars (more than an entire board, so at least 10 more extra stars). Realistically you probably got a lot more than that since you likely got at least some “14 stars” and some “Show 2” rewards, plus there must have been many cases where you got Shuffle after opening only a few presents.

Since you finished with just 113 stars remaining it is clear that you opened more than 270 presents. But how many, exactly?
483 progress and 300 presents opened equals 1.61 progress per present
483 progress and 350 presents opened equals 1.38 progress per present
483 progress and 370 presents opened equals ~1.30 progress per present
483 progress and 400 presents opened equals ~1.21 progress per present

Did you count the exact number of presents you opened, or are you basing your claim on the assumption you opened exactly 270 presents?

Nidwin

Sergeant
I never claimed I only opened 270 boxes as only the end result matters in my opinion and not theory crafting from folks that didn't even tossed 1 000 stars yet. You are correct that it's a combination of what you just mentioned shadowblackff. What I wrote is I had in total 2 700 or so starting stars to invest and that it resulted in 483 progress with 113 stars still remaining.

Gooders99

Private
Just noticed that as I shuffle the board, a calendar key isn't even one of the available prizes. So I switch to my other world to start playing the winter event there and again, no calendar key amongst the possible prizes.

I was wondering why I hardly ever win a calendar key - but now I see that on many boards, there isn't even one there to win. I won't bother trying to collect the key fragments each day for the rest of this event as there's clearly no point.