• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2023 Feedback Thread

Pyroxy

Private
Are the dates correct on the announcement (December 1 to January 1)? These indicate that the live event is going to be one day SHORTER than on Beta, and there might not be enough days to open all the required slots on the Calendar - unless that has also been adjusted to have 31 days instead of 32.

Nidwin

Sergeant
Interesting as with this winter event's buildings my city may become entirely self-sufficient on daily collecting as the missing utility fragments are being covered. Calendar reward building looks great so that's going to be a nice addition to my city and probably sending Ygdrasill and the Aztec temple to my inventory.

Deleted member 127677

Will calendar keys appear on every board? I seem to remember that the last calendar (Summer?) only had one on every second or third board?

hades8840

Corporal
Will calendar keys appear on every board? I seem to remember that the last calendar (Summer?) only had one on every second or third board?
maybe I went five days with no key then a few days where each board had a key .YOU will not complete the calendar without diamonds and its doubtful you will get the gold upgrade for the chocolatery from the event winter prizes unless you use diamonds

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Will FoE ever consider giving an expansion as an event reward at least once?
No. Unless the layout and mechanics of the game change significantly, main city expansions will never be rewards for events. The potential for issues caused by this is too great.
The current intention is that this will function the same as last year.

Deleted member 127677

The winter event countdown timer disappeared when the Rival questline was brought in yesterday. Assuming the event is still starting at 9.30 am like normal?

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Are the dates correct on the announcement (December 1 to January 1)? These indicate that the live event is going to be one day SHORTER than on Beta, and there might not be enough days to open all the required slots on the Calendar - unless that has also been adjusted to have 31 days instead of 32.
Dec 1 to Dec 31 is 31 days - Dec 1 to Jan 1 is 32 days - so same # of days.
The Event does not end on Jan 1 - the last quest will be offered on Jan 1 - and you will have a day + a few hours to complete.

Pyroxy

Private
Thank you Paladiac; yes, my mistake in counting the number of days. The (official) event length is 32 days total though, which seems a little short to complete a 32-day Calendar, but I'm hoping it will work out ok.

@Zontan, yes, we get less progress from Gifts this year (compared to previous Winter events), but we get nearly twice as many Stars (from quests etc.) overall, so it works out much better for players. It should be fairly easy to complete the main building for free, although I don't know (yet) if it is possible to get a Chocolatery golden upgrade or complete the Calendar for free. (My rough estimates say there is a chance, but no guarantee, and my math model might be completely wrong.)

=CRS

Private
Look at the complete picture. How many stars did you get last year and how many this year?
Not sure how many stars came last year. I have done some rather fast mental math and figure it is possibly attainable even at 1-2 matches that light the building on fire. Average would be 1.5 but realistically most will average around 1.25 . I also think we need to be around 240 lights which would cost 2400 starts but at 1.25 should come in around 1920. With 2200 allotted plus a possible rough 5% drop over 32 days of 14 stars maybe another 22. So with 2222 stars one could potentially manage to get the event building. Now all we need is the makers to come out with complete city map expansions . If the don’t, I truly don’t understand why people do event after event to collect all this stuff that doesn’t fit in a city, the boat was missed a long time ago to offer enough space that people that have played for years could have enough space to create theme areas for all the different events through out the year.

cnorton

Private
Look at the complete picture. How many stars did you get last year and how many this year?
I don't have such a good memory. Don't even have much enthusiasm for the game any more. I play, then forget most of the things. All I remember is a significant drop in the number of matches where originally the average was above 2 while now it's close to 1, not even 1,5. Would you describe the complete picture rather then just post a question? Can't see any significant increase in stars.

Edit: also the keys, was not previously a key to a door on every single batch? Making it possible to get a key to each door if lucky?

Last edited: