• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter event 2022 feedback

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
This years questline gives 3 upgrades. Last years 2.
Huh? What are you talking about? This year's quest line gives 2 upgrades, same as last year: One for completeing 38 quests and a second one for completing all 70 quests:
FoE Winter Event1.png

Where does the supposed third upgrade come from? Unless you count Choclatery level 1, but that is obviously not an upgrade.

Gooders99

Private
Event is almost exactly the same as the one from last year. Only difference is the Elves Workshop. Last year that was a Reindeer Collection, but it works in the same way.
Not even close. The daily stars rewards are pathetic - it definitely wasn't like this last year.

Gooders99

Private
Sound advice palomar, thank you.

I can't help feeling though that an event that you can only really play in the last couple of days if you want to succeed is pretty pointless.

Knight of ICE

Not even close. The daily stars rewards are pathetic - it definitely wasn't like this last year.

It was. The only difference with last year is in the Milestone Bonus. Last year it was 140. This year it is 75. That is the only visible change made. If there has been a change on the incidents you can not see.

palomar

Private
Sound advice palomar, thank you.

I can't help feeling though that an event that you can only really play in the last couple of days if you want to succeed is pretty pointless.
I couldn't agree more. If you don't want the main building it doesn't matter, but if you do, then being forced to play a particular strategy seems to me like poor design.

LastWarrior

Brigadier-General
You could increase the daily masterkeys parts challenge rewards to say 10 , 5 ,and 3, that would at least give us a bit of a chance eh?

The whole event seems too slow. It should be 5 stars per show not 10. I Tried to get a daily prize and managed to get 2 but I used all my stars up so I waited a few days to try and collect some, got a few from incidents but only like 15 total, added that to the others and had enough for 5 goes I believe so tried to win the sentinel upgrade but got zero and now I have no stars left again. So as has been said before it seems I shouldn't actually play the event until the last few days and hope that inno decides to put some good stuff on dailies. Perhaps just make the event 7 days and give us more stars so we have a better chance because all this does is make me want to put the game down so I don't spend my stars.

suethegreat

Captain
What I love is gathering a few stars and opening presents, getting a show 2 then trying to work out where the key is and hitting a shuffle! One 'nice thing' is if you exhaust all stars and have a x2 showing unused it does carry on to the next day. Sadly the event building does not give coin or supplies and established players are knee deep in goods and fps the attack/defence can be achieved by other builds in far less space. Probably the first event building in 3 years i wont build even if fully levelled. Misses out on the season of goodwill even if a few pixels. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/seasons greetings/ happy festivities whatever your persuasion.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
What I love is gathering a few stars and opening presents, getting a show 2 then trying to work out where the key is and hitting a shuffle! One 'nice thing' is if you exhaust all stars and have a x2 showing unused it does carry on to the next day. Sadly the event building does not give coin or supplies and established players are knee deep in goods and fps the attack/defence can be achieved by other builds in far less space. Probably the first event building in 3 years i wont build even if fully levelled. Misses out on the season of goodwill even if a few pixels. Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/seasons greetings/ happy festivities whatever your persuasion.
You will not build this particular Event building because it 'sadly' does not have coins or supplies?? Why is that? Coins and supplies are the 2 most over supplied items in the game with nothing to spend the extreme excess on (although coins finally can be used now in bulk to aquire FPs). Other than the combat stats of this building - while not great - with the FPs or goods (depending on which of the 2 final leveled building a player chooses), helps to balance the building. Any additional coins or supplies would just be more excess waste. So it is a good thing not to have coin/supplies on this building.

EddyBeGood.

Private
Dear Inno, a while ago you guys sent out an opinion pole about an event.
Perhaps you should do the same with respect to this one? Nobody has anything good to say about it.

now I have no stars left again
Same for everybody! there are not enough free stars to uncover all the daily keys despite the improved later daily quest rewards; we need to skip days or save up stars we have for a decent daily special.

If Inno intend to keep this event for future years it needs re-balancing so that enough stars are given for better chance of obtaining all the daily keys and delete the un-loved shuffle function.
Another improvement could be to make the first exchange of unwanted elves gifts free or obtain a token to do the same.

Also the stupid shuffle takes the chance of getting a daily prize down drastically. I'd saved up stars and tried to get the Sentinel kit but got down to 4 prizes then the shuffle came in and I was back to square one so got nothing again. The shuffle should be optional not automatic.
I rate this event 1/10 and I'm being generous!

I wonder how inno will ruin the next event trying to get us to spend again.
When I started playing this game I was pleasantly surprised compared to others I'd played but unfortunately with every event getting more and more like money grabs it's a shame but it's turning into every other game out there except it's worse because of the ridiculous cost of everything in the game including the intrusive stuff nobody likes!

rsdj

Private
Just wonder when tested how many players actually filled the calendar. Having done the rush, used all the stars and only one key and not in every city. A frustrating feature as last year is the shuffle which you cant skip as you can be close to finding the key then get a new board.
Yes they have tried to make shuffle more worthwhile by offering a new elves gift except you need to pay almost 3000 diamonds to claim them.

It doesn't feel like there are any chance of getting all the daily keys without spending diamonds or a lot of luck because the early event quests only give 5 stars and you need 10 stars or do x2 quests to open only one present.
There are x16 presents/day or more to open with shuffle or 32 starter quests so getting all keys or daily special is quite a tough task even with broken keys in my opinion.
i have hated the shuffle since i first started playing years ago. i actually scream at my laptop when i hit that now

deathrattle

Private
Poorly thought out and implemented event, Keys should be based on a daily log in event and not a give me your wallet event. Come on Inno the world is going onto a recession, stock markets are unstable give us SOME HOPE.