• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Why are there Account bans for many in Black Star guild

I’ve just tried to login as normal to see a message about my account now being banned. What is this all about? It mentions they are investigating the use of bots/ scripts. I’ve played this game for years without any issues, i’ve never used or even seen any bots or scripts. I use an ipad, don’t even know if this is possible on an ipad.
I’ve now found out that many of of guild have all had the same thing happen to them on the same day. There is something not right here.

Gorroth

Private
Put in a support ticket and appeal.
We have but it's past 5pm server time so they're likely off work...

Players playing on PC and even mobile and ipads are getting targeted. To my knowledge, there are no scripts or third-party software for mobile and ipads. The only common denominator is that they're all from the same guild: mine.

I've played this game for close to five years with the same setup without any issues.

This is ludicrous. And all of this during a heated GBG season.

Indy Diamond

Private
We have but it's past 5pm server time so they're likely off work...

Players playing on PC and even mobile and ipads are getting targeted. To my knowledge, there are no scripts or third-party software for mobile and ipads. The only common denominator is that they're all from the same guild: mine.

I've played this game for close to five years with the same setup without any issues.

This is ludicrous. And all of this during a heated GBG season.
Second that, as a Blackstar guild member, pretty weird to see several of our top players suddenly banned when we just happen to be leading in GBG this season. Blackstar is one of the few guilds that does not cheat and that goes out of its way to help other guilds get rewards from GBG. I can only hope that there has been some kind of software malfunction rather than any decision taken based on false reports made by another guild ...

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Unfortunately, you are not quite correct, I do sympathise with your predicament but 3rd party software to use scripts and bots have been available for most platforms ( android, other mobile , and Ipads ) for over a year now. They are simple to set up and use, That's because someone in my Guild admitted to using them and even told me where to get hold of one of the set up programs, I did tell him to stop or leave the Guild, he left... so unfortunately , not everyone is honest and while you may play along side many who are exactly what the portray to be, but some others ...????? Who knows ?

Agent327

Overlord
You can mobilize every banned guildmember to discuss it here, but in the end you are acting against forum rules, so the best thing you will get here is a forum ban as well. Not an answer.

Gorroth

Private
You can mobilize every banned guildmember to discuss it here, but in the end you are acting against forum rules, so the best thing you will get here is a forum ban as well. Not an answer.
If they would ban distressed customers outright instead of reminding them of the rules and closing the topic, maybe they'd be doing us all a favor. Good thing you're not a mod, eh?

Agent327

Overlord
If they would ban distressed customers outright instead of reminding them of the rules and closing the topic, maybe they'd be doing us all a favor. Good thing you're not a mod, eh?

Shouldn't you read those rules before you post, even if you are distressed? Still, the situation remains the same. You will never get an answer on the forum. It just might take a while before you get that answer, so I thought even if I am not a mod I might as well tell you. At least you will not keep checking in hope of a reply.

No need to thank me. I am just a nice person.

Indy Diamond

Private
Unfortunately, you are not quite correct, I do sympathise with your predicament but 3rd party software to use scripts and bots have been available for most platforms ( android, other mobile , and Ipads ) for over a year now. They are simple to set up and use, That's because someone in my Guild admitted to using them and even told me where to get hold of one of the set up programs, I did tell him to stop or leave the Guild, he left... so unfortunately , not everyone is honest and while you may play along side many who are exactly what the portray to be, but some others ...????? Who knows ?
What evidence do you have for this? As a guild member I promise you no one is using scripts - we just work really well as a team and work together. Just think for a minute - if we did use scripts then why don't we win every time? Are you going to accuse every guild who does well of using scripts? Good to know that Blackadders have also been involved in this though. If we thought any one could possibly be using scripts they'd get kicked by the guild leaders, quicksmart. If you genuinely believe this you've been badly misinformed.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
. To my knowledge, there are no scripts or third-party software for mobile and ipads.

There are ways you can script on the app.

I don't know why you were flagged as bot'ing.

I do know if you've been banned for bot'ing then they must have found something that caught their attention. Maybe it's a mistake. Who knows. If you put in a support ticket that'll give them a opportunity to review the data

I can only hope that there has been some kind of software malfunction

Always a possibility.

Has anyone in your Guild ever logged into each others accounts? I know sometimes people will ask others to take care of their cities while on vacation (which would of course be a different rule breach, but might explain why more than one person was flagged if there were an report or investigation)

Indy Diamond

Private
There are ways you can script on the app.

I don't know why you were flagged as bot'ing.

I do know if you've been banned for bot'ing then they must have found something that caught their attention. Maybe it's a mistake. Who knows. If you put in a support ticket that'll give them a opportunity to review the data

Always a possibility.

Has anyone in your Guild ever logged into each others accounts? I know sometimes people will ask others to take care of their cities while on vacation (which would of course be a different rule breach, but might explain why more than one person was flagged if there were an report or investigation)
Not to our knowledge, we're an experienced guild and if we found members doing anything dodgy they'd be pulled up rather than putting the guild at risk.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
No guild member can verify that no one else in a guild is not using scripts ever. I played one game with the same players for years, very tight team to the point that everyone had founder rights and could simply delete the team if they wanted even in key parts of the game where someone could lose you the entire server with the press of a button.

One of our main fighters/players got caught and banned after about 5 years. Turned out they used when they needed to, had used for years and had it turned off for the majority of the time. Some players just use scripts to keep up and be lazy rather than to win expecially with monotonous mechanics.

Indy Diamond

Private
No guild member can verify that no one else in a guild is not using scripts ever. I played one game with the same players for years, very tight team to the point that everyone had founder rights and could simply delete the team if they wanted even in key parts of the game where someone could lose you the entire server with the press of a button.

One of our main fighters/players got caught and banned after about 5 years. Turned out they used when they needed to, had used for years and had it turned off for the majority of the time. Some players just use scripts to keep up and be lazy rather than to win expecially with monotonous mechanics.
Sure, take your point, but again, please use logic, if we had someone using scripts why do we lose sectors? I promise you we work as a tight unit, this obviously really annoys a few with an axe to grind but to ban so many of our best players today for no reason whatsoever . . . really not cool.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Sure, take your point, but again, please use logic, if we had someone using scripts why do we lose sectors? I promise you we work as a tight unit, this obviously really annoys a few with an axe to grind but to ban so many of our best players today for no reason whatsoever . . . really not cool.

Your logic is flawed players will use cheats to keep up not to be the best. They just can't be bothered playing and don't want to put the effort in. Suddenly being the best highlights the cheating. Sneaky lazy cheaters just keep up without doing the work. It's never them or their fault either, due to the embarrassment of being caught.

Agent327

Overlord
What evidence do you have for this? As a guild member I promise you no one is using scripts - we just work really well as a team and work together. Just think for a minute - if we did use scripts then why don't we win every time? Are you going to accuse every guild who does well of using scripts? Good to know that Blackadders have also been involved in this though. If we thought any one could possibly be using scripts they'd get kicked by the guild leaders, quicksmart. If you genuinely believe this you've been badly misinformed.

Only one badly misinformed here is you. You are trying to prove your point on a forum against other players that genuinly do not like cheaters. Do you really think anyone here cares you and your guildmembers were banned? Do you think we will contact Support for you and plead your case? Support thinks you cheated and banned you. You need to take it up with them. They are the only ones that can turn it back if they were wrong. Nobody here can. We are the last ones you need to convince.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Hope you guys never have to experience this. Really sad to see this kind of response against good players.
What do you really expect? Besides the fact that this thread was started even though it is against forum rules, and bunch of you keep trying to argue/debate your point, as well as one of your guild (you Indy) promising that all other guild members are innocent - when the other forum users know that you cannot promise anything beyond your own self (and even promising that you are innocent - who would know, since you are just another faceless internet person, so the promise is baseless). If this is an issue - you can only take it up with Support - there is absolute zero that can be done on a discussion thread, other than get other forum users to quickly create a negative opinion of you and your guild members that are trying to keep pressing this issue. Big part of the problem with games allowing so many children to be able to access them.

Agent327

Overlord
Hope you guys never have to experience this. Really sad to see this kind of response against good players.

If I were to experience this, I would not be so stupid to plead my case on a forum where nobody can help me. What does it take for you to realise you are knocking on the wrong door? What do you want us to say? Everyone in your Guild is an honest hard working player that would never cheat. Your Guild is the most honest Guild in the world! So now I have said it and you are still banned. Does that make you feel better?

Indy Diamond

Private
If I were to experience this, I would not be so stupid to plead my case on a forum where nobody can help me. What does it take for you to realise you are knocking on the wrong door? What do you want us to say? Everyone in your Guild is an honest hard working player that would never cheat. Your Guild is the most honest Guild in the world! So now I have said it and you are still banned. Does that make you feel better?
Lol, we've reported it via raising a ticket. Many guild members have raised concerns as either there was a massive system glitch or something really unpleasant is happening when the leading guild in GBG suddenly has it's top 7 players banned, 5 of which were reinstated with no explanation. If you're not interested please don't feel you need to respond but I think it's fair to air what's happened here so everyone can read it.