• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

What is an unfair trade?

Generally fair is classed as 2:1 with one era difference or 1:1 if they are the same era.

(example you trade 2 bronze age goods for 1 iron age goods)

The exception to this is if you have an agreement with someone (usually in your guild to help you out) or if you are buying goods from another player

So what about wishing to trade goods with more than one era apart? Are you suggesting that is immoral to even consider, unless by special agreement?
It's not immoral. It's unfair, because the cost to produce the high era good is higher than the cost to produce the low era good.

Your example: 20 lumber for 10 gold
Cost to produce 20 lumber is 400 coins + 400 supplies
Cost to produce 10 gold is 800 coins + 800 supplies

If you only trade one era up or down at a 2:1 ratio, the production cost is the same.
Example: Cost to produce 10 iron is 400 coins + 400 supplies (same as 20 lumber)

However, some say, this is not fair trading at all, because you also have to consider the difference sizes of the goods buildings and the cost to build them.

Last edited:

Andrew420

Major
It's not immoral. It's unfair, because the cost to produce the high era good is higher than the cost to produce the low era good.
Your example: 20 lumber for 10 gold
Cost to produce 20 lumber is 400 coins + 400 supplies
Cost to produce 10 gold is 800 coins + 800 supplies
What about goods that are not from goods buildings
How do you determine the value of those
With a Chateau and RQ's you dont need goods buildings
All trades are fair if you can post them on the market and theres someone willing to take them
Some players wont agree but thats to bad
They have the choice not to accept them

What about goods that are not from goods buildings
How do you determine the value of those
With a Chateau and RQ's you dont need goods buildings
All trades are fair if you can post them on the market and theres someone willing to take them
Some players wont agree but thats to bad
They have the choice not to accept them
This is what brings on the "heated debate". Lol. :) But I agree. You can post any trades you want in the market. It's not immoral or unfair. And yes, it's almost impossible to determine the value of goods that you get from special buildings, quests etc.

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I have a VERY GOOD example of unfair trades.
Note this is an unfair trade in favor of the taker.
I took a screenshot when taking the trade, because everybody always takes a screenshot when they take a trade (what, you don't? How strange...)

Sometimes the traders are super rich, for example they have a very high level Chateau (about Level 150) and can produce thousands (exaggerated) of current age goods every day, so they are very generous with the trades, creating super favorable trades for the takers; ... other times, however, possibly, it could be simply a mistake, in that they thought the ratio of 2:1 but actually set up 1:2. -- There is no way of telling which is the case.

2020-07-17 20_47_34-Window.png

For the record, there were two pages (in the market) of similar trades (of the exact same quantities)
And I only took five... one for each type of goods.

P.S.
I blurred the player name in the above so no one recognizes who created these trades. No, sir. :lol:

2020-07-20 00_45_36-Window.png

Last edited:
I think that is the ONLY attitude to have. If I need something which is 2 eras ahead of anything I can produce, then heck I'll be damned if I am going to try trading one era up at a time just to pacify some job's worth who otherwise would hysterically scream "that's unfair!" at me!

As you say, if you're offering something I want, and I have a surplus of what you want, then I will do the deal. I don't give a flying fishcake about a difference in eras, production times, or even the phase of the moon!

Thanks for clearing this up. So in short, any trade can be viewed as unfair by somebody, so get on with it! :D
Many guilds have a fair trade rule, that requires you to only trade "fairly", usually meaning only 1:1 same era and 2:1/1:2 ONE ERA up and down. If you're in a guild with a trade rule, you should follow the rule the guild requires. If you don't, you might get kicked from the guild.

Dead-Eye

General
No such thing as an unfair trade. Don't like what's on offer? Keep scrolling then. Simples.

And who else takes screen shots of trades?

And why?

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I do 2:1 deals, it encourages people to take the deal.

No such thing as an unfair trade. Don't like what's on offer? Keep scrolling then. Simples.

And who else takes screen shots of trades?

And why?

Those trades were all 2:1 but 2 higher age versus 1 lower age and, quantity-wise, in the thousands
(Say: not "20 lumbers for 10 gold" but "2000 gold for 1000 lumber")
You guys think those were just normal?
Screenshots in case the trader wants them back.

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
This is what brings on the "heated debate".

No heated debate has ever yet touched the core, the crux of the problem in my opinion.
The real problem is, it is not true that the smaller players should all suck up to you when you are such a great, high-ranking, competitive player.
With an arrogance that breaks through a certain actor/player wall, and everyone must pay attention to them and they pay no attention to others.
And not interested in anything unless their names are mentioned.
And their words "are the law" and "their house their rule"
And dealing with them is as if you entered someone else's house/home.

When in fact, the smaller players and newbies are actually more fun to play with...
Which is corresponding to the alleged INNO findings, that new blood has more value, revenue-wise...

:D,:(,

P.P.P.S.S.S.
And then they created a guild and use it not as a public entity but as their personal Super Account in a sense

Last edited:
Those trades were all 2:1 but 2 higher age versus 1 lower age and, quantity-wise, in the thousands
(Say: not "20 lumbers for 10 gold" but "2000 gold for 1000 lumber")
You guys think those were just normal?
Screenshots in case the trader wants them back.
I think they're normal. People in my friends/hood have countless goods of higher eras but are desperate for lower era goods for gbg

As I said. I trade for what I desire. I don't even consider the era the goods come from. It doesn't matter to me. What matters to me is swapping that which I have a surplus of, for that which I lack. I'm not proud.
Ok, let's say, I have a large surplus of EMA goods, but I don't have any SAAB goods. Can I put up SAAB for EMA trades, maybe even in the thousands and "swapped around"; 1000 EMA for 2000 SAAB? Sure, of course I can. But I wouldn't expect anyone to take them :) Unless I've made a special trade agreement with someone before posting the trades, of course.