• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #90 2019-01-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ati2

Legend
@Ati2 Has UPS delivered your 2nd package yet?
Nope. Not even an email from them about when they would come. Amazon sent me a tracking number, that's the only way to see that they are actually bringing it today.

The tracking page said: today. If I want to know when, then I should register. I hate it when they do that, but I registered anyway. After registering, they say: today. Well, thanks for the extra info! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Nope. Not even an email from them about when they would come. Amazon sent me a tracking number, that's the only way to see that they are actually bringing it today.

The tracking page said: today. If I want to know when, then I should register. I hate it when they do that, but I registered anyway. After registering, they say: today. Well, thanks for the extra info! :D:D:D:D:D:D
That's good of them, just got to love waiting in all day for a delivery :(

Ati2

Legend
That's good of them, just got to love waiting in all day for a delivery :(
What they did the last time I used them was even worse. That was years ago, I was hoping they got better, but doesn't seem like it.

What they did then, was that they called me on the phone, telling me I have a package. I then had to go to them, get the papers of the package, then head over to the other side of the city to customs. Show them the papers, pay a holding fee, get a certificate that I paid the holding fee, take that paper back to UPS. I could then get my package, which I now had to take back to customs, where they inspected it, paid back my holding fee, and then I could take my package home.

That's what they call door-to-door delivery. :D

What they did the last time I used them was even worse. That was years ago, I was hoping they got better, but doesn't seem like it.

What they did then, was that they called me on the phone, telling me I have a package. I then had to go to them, get the papers of the package, then head over to the other side of the city to customs. Show them the papers, pay a holding fee, get a certificate that I paid the holding fee, take that paper back to UPS. I could then get my package, which I now had to take back to customs, where they inspected it, paid back my holding fee, and then I could take my package home.

Some people complain about the smallest things...

DeletedUser116182

Perhaps the main problem is regulation in your country?

Ati2

Legend
Not doot, door.

Perhaps the main problem is regulation in your country?
Honestly, I don't know. I've worked with other couriers, and whenever they had a package that needed to go through customs, they handled it, and then brought me the package, saying that I need to pay X amount to them for customs, which I did, and then I got the package. At home. The only other time I had to deal with customs myself was with the national Post, but there's a reason we don't use them. :D Anyway, even then, they had customs officials in the same building, so I didn't have to travel to the other side of the city twice--and it was not labeled "door-to-door" delivery.

Not doot, door.

Honestly, I don't know. I've worked with other couriers, and whenever they had a package that needed to go through customs, they handled it, and then brought me the package, saying that I need to pay X amount to them for customs, which I did, and then I got the package. At home. The only other time I had to deal with customs myself was with the national Post, but there's a reason we don't use them. :D Anyway, even then, they had customs officials in the same building, so I didn't have to travel to the other side of the city twice--and it was not labeled "door-to-door" delivery.
I does sound like UPS just can't be bothered. Any delivery company should handle the customs stuff, it's just part of the delivery service

Ati2

Legend
I does sound like UPS just can't be bothered. Any delivery company should handle the customs stuff, it's just part of the delivery service
That's the impression I got, yeah. Anyway, this time the package is from within the EU, so customs should not be an issue. (I wonder what will happen after Brexit...)

Status
Not open for further replies.