• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #41 2018-02-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyHecate

Major-General
That's kind of soon... Too bad. I was hoping for a decent diamond sale before that event.
I can guarantee there'll be at least one during the event offering bonus Florins!
I've gone for a few more WWs and a Seed Vault in my diamond mines to boost mine; still catching up from the Winter and Forgebowl events to get diamonds up to my normal level.

Lol. We should be rewarded for knowing so much I agree!

Since we're talking about them.. what is a good amount of diamonds to have in store and how many do you use when you've got an opportunity such as maybe chasing the pillar upgrades from last event?

LadyHecate

Major-General
Since we're talkijg about them.. what is a good amount of diamonds to have in store and how many do you use when you've got an opportunity such as maybe chasing the pillar upgrades from last event?
I try to stay around the 20,000 mark; but currently c. 18,500 as still catching up from ForgeBowl and Winter events. However, I don't think I've ever used more than c. 3,000 in any single event (getting a 4-Palace set last Summer was probably the peak) and thus 3-4,000 would probably suffice.

Knowing ahead of time what is worth chasing and when saves a lot of effort and consequently Diamonds; hence why I play on Beta to be forewarned!

I'd rather you shared a video or tutorial for diamond mining in FoE. Reality is too blasé for me lol

I try to stay around the 20,000 mark; but currently c. 18,500 as still catching up from ForgeBowl and Winter events. However, I don't think I've ever used more than c. 3,000 in any single event (getting a 4-Palace set last Summer was probably the peak) and thus 3-4,000 would probably suffice.

Knowing ahead of time what is worth chasing and when saves a lot of effort and consequently Diamonds; hence why I play on Beta to be forewarned!

Wow that's a LOT of diamonds! Did you purchase to get that many or create some miracle to collect so many?

Do please share your opinions on what's worth chasing in this upcoming event. From my own perspective I'm trying to increase my city's FP economy so last event I chased SoK instead of the pillars. I got a LVL 5 pillar and bunches of SoK. I wonder now if I made the right move.

DeletedUser111866

Lady Hecate you are a shrine of knowledge!
Hey, if you kick her once a day, you'll get one extra FP!
How do you play in Beta?
Go forum.beta.forgeofempires.com, find instructions there. You'll get an entirely new separate account from main world set.
I try to stay around the 20,000 mark
Whoa, 20000 diamonds! And I assume they were all free? How long did it take to get that much? (I am still not convinced that buying an expansion for 600 is a good idea. But, I am NOT running diamond mine cities, just not worth the time investment IMHO)

LadyHecate

Major-General
Did you purchase to get that many or create some miracle to collect so many?
No! I've 7 Diamond mines on other worlds with well over 100+ Wishing Wells / Fountains of Youth between them, high-level Chateau's for quest reward Diamonds, complete GE level 4 on several each week, and just placed first of three planned Seed Vaults.
Between them and my main city I normally pull in at least 1,500-2,000 Diamonds between events.

Do please share your opinions on what's worth chasing in this upcoming event. From my own perspective I'm trying to increase my city's FP economy so last event I chased SoK instead of the pillars. I got a LVL 5 pillar and bunches of SoK. I wonder now if I made the right move.
Still playing the event of Beta but getting a Level 7 Bridge appears to be slightly harder, (requiring more luck), than getting a Level 7 PoH. Considering it's only marginally better than a 3 SoK equivalent I think I'll be ignoring it on my Diamond mine cities in favour of more WWs and going for SoKs on my main city. Saying that, the Bridge Upgrade appears in two chests one of which also contains SoK so I'll just target that specific chest and see where Lady Luck falls!

I am still not convinced that buying an expansion for 600 is a good idea.
That's the first thing I ever spend Diamonds on! Whenever I have excess over the 20,00 mark I even unlock Premium expansion on the Diamond mines for space for more WWs/FoYs.

Whoa, 20000 diamonds! And I assume they were all free? How long did it take to get that much?
Started September 2015 and first Diamond mine created a few months later. Latest one was only generated a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
I guess setting up and developing a diamond mine grows only exponentially. I started a diamond mine almost a month back and still having trouble getting it going. It'll be a loong time until it's providing any reasonable sprinkles of diamonds at all. Can I ask..which world did you begin the diamond mine in? I couldn't find any proper diamond mine guides..maybe watching a city grow in real time might help instead :p

Status
Not open for further replies.