• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Uses of diamonds

• Thread starter Deleted member 118885
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Hi I bought diamonds and I do not know what to use them for any ideas

DeletedUser113278

I bought diamonds to get that last stubborn bp on a couple of GB’s... Occasionally use diamonds in negotiations in GE and GBG, the other obvious use is for getting the diamond expansions.

DeletedUser

I earn my premium buildings in challenges should i use them in events

DeletedUser

very true bond !
but better make ww farms , it pays out in long term!

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Don't research all the technologies in an age. Only research those required for the next "tyres". Leave the "dead end" branch unresearched.

And then, carefully follow what the main story quest giver's instructions. The main story quest is mainly associated with advances in the continential map.

Some main story quests requires "research a technology" ("that unlocks a military building/ cultural building", or "that does not unlock a cultural building") that is where the unresearched technology of the previous ages come in handy (otherwise you need to research a technology of the next age, which defeats the purpose to be yet stated below).

When you complete main quests way far ahead your own age, you can receive troops as reward that is several ages ahead. Troops of ages ahead are a great advantage to have.

What does this have to do with the diamonds? Yes, very much related. The exploration of the continental map will cost longer and longer time. And to get those advanced ages troops as stated above, you need to fight/negotiate and explore the map in the correct way. Otherwise the main story quest line would go astray and you will receive less valuable rewards (less valuable than the advanced troops). Check the fandom wiki for the way the main story quest line stretches and switches; it is very complicated. In order to make the correct choices thereof and not to make mistakes, you want to finish explore the provinces instantly with the cost of 50 diamonds each province. There, the answer, to the question "what to use diamonds for".

DeletedUser113278

which value are we talking about?

I forget exactly what the extra diamond % is on the offer, but it’s the very first offer after starting a new city... Start a new city, log out then back in and it should appear.

Use them in GE4 to get more diamonds
If you want to conserve goods and don't want to reattempt negotiations.

Turn on the extra negotiation turn in the tavern. You are unlikely to need more than 20 diamonds in GE level 4, but on average, you'll get 200 diamonds a week finishing GE level 4.

Then spend them on expansions or occasionally on Events or blueprints.