• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Useless Great Buildings Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revamp of Great Buildings

Proposal:

Revisit and Revamp some of the GBs stats and bonuses

Reason:

There are quite a few Great Buildings that players don't even bother to use, and this is a waste. At the end of the day, GBs are supposed to be "Great", and should at some point grow to be much better than any even building being offered. So why not give those fallen GBs some boost, after they go beyond a certain level.

Details:

For example:

*Habitat: this GB is supposed to give a population boost. Why not have it generate some Rogues for example after a certain level? At the end of the day, when reaching level 10, out of +18K, surely there might be some guys there who would love to join the army...

*Colosseum: Gladiators fight and die, but when one of them comes out of the lot, after winning many battles, he becomes a hero to the people and is often requested to no longer fight. So why not generate some heroes past a certain level?

*Lighthouse of Alexandria: the lighthouse is used to guide ships sent to settlements. So why not having the LA grant some additional time to settlements completion?

*Deal Castle / Saint Basil: these buildings should see their stats revisited, in order to make them more appealing. You could also have the Deal Castle have defense charges, i.e. firing at attackers and taking out some of their HP (some mixed between Kraken / Virgo) - at the end of the day, it is a fortress with guns.

*Capitol: this is a government building where all decision can be taken. Why not have it grant some bonuses to the Map and Guild expedition, in terms of attack bonus, or more rewards, etc.

*Lotus Temple / Notre Dame / Space Needle: What are these for... Happiness & Coins/Tools. Really we should get these guys to provide more for the city. Like Notre Dame could generate some heroes / crusaders of some kind, Space Needle provide some city defense (at the end of the day, you should be able to see those attackers coming from afar from up there), Lotus Temple could throw some FPs at higher level, etc.

*Oracle: could randomly add a bonus round in GE negotiations (Isn't the oracle supposed to predict the future?). The probability would increase with the level

*Production Buildings: There are so many eras, and goods are generated. We could have options to select which era we want those goods from. As we go higher in levels, new "past eras" will be unlocked from which we could choose from. Or have some of the buildings also automatically provide goods to the Guild Treasury on top of the player.

Balance:

The idea of such revamp would allow players to become more specialized and focused on some aspects of the game (e.g. GE, GBG, later the PvP, be a support member for goods, etc.), and have a wider range of options to achieve their goals

Summary:

There are some more GBs from later eras that could also get some love. Probably I missed a few from earlier eras, but you get the idea.
So how about it? It's just a waste to see all those buildings do nothing or be completely inefficient.

DeletedUser96901

some overpowered GB should also be revamped

- Arc: everybody knows

- Alcatraz: the increase above level 10 is not balanced to the first 10 levels (8 units for 10 levels). GB becomes worse above 10 (or at least stay the same like Cape). but this GB is the only one which gets better above 10. so level above 10 must be adjusted (0.8 units per level or less)

- InnoTower needs a revamp of the needed FP. those are definitely not correct compared to the GB costs of the other eras

InnoTower could reduce the number of FPs required for Research ;-)
At the end of the day, aren't they the developers and researchers for the game? :-)

DeletedUser

A bit of Gentrification fine but, to reduce or alter rewards to suit certain individuals; sod off.
Live with them as is, at the end of the day, aren't we the Players and should therefore play.
Don't like the Off-Side Law? Don't play Soccer. Being shot at bother you? Don't go to War.

Powe

Brigadier-General
Lighthouse of Alexandria: the lighthouse is used to guide ships sent to settlements. So why not having the LA grant some additional time to settlements completion?
The lighthouse is an insanely OP GB used by heaps of people already. Don't make it even more powerful.
Colosseum: Gladiators fight and die, but when one of them comes out of the lot, after winning many battles, he becomes a hero to the people and is often requested to no longer fight. So why not generate some heroes past a certain level?
Be more detailed about the heroes.
Habitat: this GB is supposed to give a population boost. Why not have it generate some Rogues for example after a certain level? At the end of the day, when reaching level 10, out of +18K, surely there might be some guys there who would love to join the army...
Can't argue with that much, but then shouldn't all population increasing buildings produce rogues?
*Deal Castle / Saint Basil: these buildings should see their stats revisited, in order to make them more appealing. You could also have the Deal Castle have defense charges, i.e. firing at attackers and taking out some of their HP (some mixed between Kraken / Virgo) - at the end of the day, it is a fortress with guns.
One of the few ideas in here that is actually a good idea.
Capitol: this is a government building where all decision can be taken. Why not have it grant some bonuses to the Map and Guild expedition, in terms of attack bonus, or more rewards, etc.
I can't see anything too bad with this part of the idea.
Lotus Temple / Notre Dame / Space Needle: What are these for... Happiness & Coins/Tools. Really we should get these guys to provide more for the city. Like Notre Dame could generate some heroes / crusaders of some kind, Space Needle provide some city defense (at the end of the day, you should be able to see those attackers coming from afar from up there), Lotus Temple could throw some FPs at higher level, etc.
This idea has actually been suggested a dozen times on almost every forum and it has not been implemented. Notre Dame's and Space Needle's buffs make no sense. Lotus Temple is an okay idea though.
Oracle: could randomly add a bonus round in GE negotiations (Isn't the oracle supposed to predict the future?). The probability would increase with the level
The whole point of the oracle is a tutorial GB that is only supposed to be built early on in the game. If we make it this useful everybody will want it, and that is not the point of the Oracle of Delphi.
Production Buildings: There are so many eras, and goods are generated. We could have options to select which era we want those goods from. As we go higher in levels, new "past eras" will be unlocked from which we could choose from. Or have some of the buildings also automatically provide goods to the Guild Treasury on top of the player.
Innogames have said they won't do this, so it will never happen.
InnoTower could reduce the number of FPs required for Research ;-)
At the end of the day, aren't they the developers and researchers for the game? :-)
Like LoA, it is already powerful enough and does not need another buff.
DNSL? not sure what DNSL is.
Nope.
DNSL is what Innogames has currently said they are not looking for, like most of your idea. You should really read the rules of the forum before posting.

Well I did go through all the "Do not suggest" thread, if that is what DNSL means, but didn't see a title that mentioned the GB revamp.
These are ideas, and surely they won't fit everyone's taste. Happy with the game as it is, but thought that maybe some parts could be improved or have an added flavor to them.
That's it.

DeletedUser

At least the OP has built all the GBs, that is in his/her revamp proposal. With the exception of the Oracle.

Emberguard

Legend
Personally I think GBs should be balanced more towards the techtree then by event buildings. Unless you’re buying extra event buildings or camping indefinitely chances are those Great Buildings can still improve your city.

rjs66

Lieutenant
or leave them as they are, this is a strategy game, if you remove the ability to make bad decisions then you remove an element of strategy, let people work it out.

build certain GBs - good strategy
build other GBs - bad strategy

Powe

Brigadier-General
Well I did go through all the "Do not suggest" thread, if that is what DNSL means, but didn't see a title that mentioned the GB revamp.
These are ideas, and surely they won't fit everyone's taste. Happy with the game as it is, but thought that maybe some parts could be improved or have an added flavor to them.
That's it.
1-You ignored my whole post because you couldn't think of any arguments against my arguments.
2-The DNSL says this: Changes to Great Building Bonuses. if there is an issue with a GB that needs balancing this should be discussed in a feedback section rather than as a new idea.
3-You do not have a poll. Add one so that we can prove how little support you have.

-1 for this Idea

Just more of the same old - Title: Useless Great Buildings Revamp
Who told you to build useless GB's -- some have a value only to a certain point and then need to be deleted
The coliseum is one such bldg. - good for the medals early on - but don't invest into it more than a couple levels. - Victory towers may be a better option at this point - they didn't exist when I started.

But - there can be No changes to make poor strategy into good - It's nobody's fault but the City Builder.

Plan your city - forward thinking is a MUST in this game.

r21r

Major-General
No matter how good or in date an idea is, no person in this forum can see the reason of it.
took 10 seconds reading few words of the "no's" , i think non-sense and off topic are very kind critique for those replies.
i suppose back on 2012 Colisseum had a worth, as medals was something not easy to get, but after the Arc came, or even CF, i think Devs forgot to do what they should , make the game less unbalance, but still, in the valley of blinds... prophets get crusified :D

GB's should be remastered, and Grade Penaldies should exist for persons having SAAB GB's in Bronze.
GB's after lvl10 should require increasing amount of Goods not only blueprints.
A lot things can balance the game, if we keep listening to the "old" but 101% "bold" players, that's what the game will be.

We have cities producing 5.000 goods a day, but GB's still need the same amount of Goods to be built.
This can't be neither logical and ofc not a strategy, you don't like Delphi ? ok, don't built it. BUT when Delphi is outdated by the weakest event Building, something is going wrong, unless we forgot what "Great" means.. or we never really learnt :P
Anyway +1 from me, sadly i play less time so my vote won't matter, but i felt like the idea has a point and even if it has been proposed again in the past, with every new Event Building released, this Idea makes more and more sense, at least to me :P

Powe

Brigadier-General
No matter how good or in date an idea is, no person in this forum can see the reason of it.
took 10 seconds reading few words of the "no's" , i think non-sense and off topic are very kind critique for those replies.
i suppose back on 2012 Colisseum had a worth, as medals was something not easy to get, but after the Arc came, or even CF, i think Devs forgot to do what they should , make the game less unbalance, but still, in the valley of blinds... prophets get crusified :D

GB's should be remastered, and Grade Penaldies should exist for persons having SAAB GB's in Bronze.
GB's after lvl10 should require increasing amount of Goods not only blueprints.
A lot things can balance the game, if we keep listening to the "old" but 101% "bold" players, that's what the game will be.

We have cities producing 5.000 goods a day, but GB's still need the same amount of Goods to be built.
This can't be neither logical and ofc not a strategy, you don't like Delphi ? ok, don't built it. BUT when Delphi is outdated by the weakest event Building, something is going wrong, unless we forgot what "Great" means.. or we never really learnt :P
Anyway +1 from me, sadly i play less time so my vote won't matter, but i felt like the idea has a point and even if it has been proposed again in the past, with every new Event Building released, this Idea makes more and more sense, at least to me :P
The Ziggurat gives barely any coins per 1 hour. Are you sure that OoD is worse then that?

Status
Not open for further replies.