• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.52

DeletedUser

It appears to me as though with each and every update less features are implemented, I was wondering if this is just me thinking this?

Princess Amira

DeletedUser96901

yes we wait for the 2nd GB of Tomorrow

and the GB point issue is still not fixed

DeletedUser10684

Number are no longer abbreviated if there is less than 6 digits to be shown in total.

While they don't come round that often, having a quest to achieve 0 unemployment when it says you have 1.2K population was slightly annoying. I know you could mouse over it but it's good to see they are streamlining these little things.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
So we get yet another insignificant update that supposedly fixes minor issues and bugs that no one cares about. Key word being supposedly. Several times before these updates have introduced or reintroduced much worse bugs than the ones they attempt to fix, and whether they are reported or not on Beta, they are left as is and released on live servers. As such, I await each new update dreading what the developers broke this time.

How about you fix some of the issues you have brought back? Such as the clickthroughs that have plagued the Hardware Deceleration mode since its release, or the even more annoying hoverthroughs, or the fact that popups remain on screen even after you move the cursor away from the object the popup is for. Every time I do my rounds player profiles keep popping up and obscuring part of the screen even after I've moved on to aid another player. It is particularly annoying when you find a blueprint and the popup covers the close button. Or that inane attempt to solve animation issues, which resulted in animations turning themselves off because of running out of video memory. I've not had any animations at all since that fix.

But really, bring back the option to disable Hardware Deceleration, and fire the moron who thought that removing it was a good idea. The new engine remains, as always, inferior to the original in every conceivable way, and it should never have been implemented in the first place.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Yes... I find by moving the cursor the the taskbar (out of the game window) I can get those popups to disappear.

In fact, in addition to experiencing all of the issues mentioned by Rosletyne I can go one better (or actually worse)....every time I login to my city in Fel - just logging in and not touching anything - one of my Strike Team barracks opens up - why oh why?

Last edited:

DeletedUser99588

I've experienced these issues as well. I'm actually in favour of updates being focused on fixing bugs or sorting out the glaring holes in features already in the game.

I struggle to understand why they keep adding more animations and fluff to cities when they know there is a problem. It just doesn't make sense to keep compounding existing problems. They seem to be in desperate need of a decent project manager and customer relations guru. Both positions would appear to have been vacant for some considerable time.

DeletedUser11899

They seem to be in desperate need of a decent project manager and customer relations guru. Both positions would appear to have been vacant for some considerable time.

one solution: Anwar please, leave the TB project and come back home, we miss you.
Lend Peer a hand and both manage the Forge Of Empires project as it deserves once and for all.

Dreaming is free, isnt it? ;)

DeletedUser97018

agree with all that rosetlyne has said
and my personal favorite is clickthrough i get when adding to GB from EH, and without moving city view then clicking on "back to city" - gets me stuck in neverending loading of GB that's under it
but none of that is new...
and social bar that jumpes around when plundering, and when clicking on move 1 page, goes to first 5 in the hood
maybe that's new anti-plunder thingy? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

...and social bar that jumpes around when plundering, and when clicking on move 1 page, goes to first 5 in the hood...

As per the announcement, this is an issue that will hopefully be fixed in the update.

DeletedUser101925

:confused: Problem reported at the beginning of April will - possibly - be fixed at the end of May? :confused:

Can't wait until this gets fixed. I'm almost so far as pulling my hairs out whilst Aiding my friends list.

DeletedUser98465

God damn that decimal point, it had me up nights i tell you, nights.....

At least I no longer need to go to anger management or my psychiatrist, it's saved me some money at least that I can now spend in game....

DeletedUser6065

one solution: Anwar please, leave the TB project and come back home, we miss you.
Lend Peer a hand . . . '

Nope.

The problems began w/Anwar, and were never addressed/resolved then either. Moving Anwar could have been a step in the right direction, but instead they brought in Peer, which exacerbated the problems.

Teaming them together is definitely not in the best interest of the game.

. . . . mk

DeletedUser104326

The latest update on the iPad app version had added so many flashing sword animations and lines to the battles that it is impossible to concentrate on which character I am controlling.

Why add so many extraneous distractions?