• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.52

DeletedUser99588

And despite 6 pages of discussion, unfortunately the opinion doesn't sway on either side, even though those are the majority of the active players who have already responded. As the update here is taking place tomorrow they wanted to introduce this change at the same time with it and hopefully get a more concrete opinion.

Six pages in 24 hours doesn't seem to bad to me and I would have thought the developers would want to review that feedback if not more that may come over the coming days before making a decision. But as we have already seen the decision had already been made and the request for feedback seems not to have been a genuine one but merely to make it look like they were engaging with their customers.

If they really wanted feedback and to debate whether it is a good idea we would see a response from them regarding the questions asked of them and the concerns raised in beta before anything happened.

I would also have hoped for them to lay the arguments for and against it as you would like to think they have analysed the possible effects on game play and could share that with us.

Or did someone just say our servers are over loaded lets not bother with aggressive NPC sectors any more and that was it. No concern over what it might do to the balance of the game.

Looking at that point of view, I tend to agree with you. But what I am saying, that things getting fixed are those things, that were not mentioned here on forums on some big scale (atleast I didnt see it). The important ones, are ignored. Like free army sieges, ghosting, crazy GB points, etc...

In total agreement with you. It is crazy and although I'm on the fence with regard to free army sieges as I wanted the developers to explain why they made the change before reversing it. There might be a genuine reason for it but it could be something that has an alternative solution. A little like this one with regards to the server overload. They have a technical problem but I'm sure there is more than one way to solve it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
If after we have it live, we find that the impact upon the game play or your feedback is negative, then we have the option to turn it back off.

Oh do you now?

We were told the exact same thing when the option to disable Hardware Deceleration was removed, and despite the fact that it was an absolute disaster, the supposed option to bring it back was never used. The impact of that decision was that the game became unplayable for several people who were forced to quit, and from those who remained, the feedback was unanimously condemning. I have never heard of a single player who would have experienced any improvement from having Hardware Deceleration on. If that was not enough to make the developers reconsider, I have zero faith that anything ever would. The supposed option to undo an unpopular decision is nothing more than a sweet lie.

DeletedUser99588

And yet it didn't remain they removed it from the game settings :confused:

I think you can still turn H/A off using the flash settings but not entirely sure if this is the same thing and many if not most will be unaware of it. Either way they didn't keep their word of keeping the turn off button in the game settings so I can understand Rosletyne's scepticism with regard to Innogames actually changing something back to its previous state.

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
I see we still have all of our Billionaires after the update.. I guess they will be Multi-Billionaires before it gets fixed :-((((

DeletedUser14758

But really, bring back the option to disable Hardware Deceleration, and fire the moron who thought that removing it was a good idea. The new engine remains, as always, inferior to the original in every conceivable way, and it should never have been implemented in the first place.

You can disable your hard acceleration through your settings
Follow these steps

right click
Settings
disable hardware acceleration
1.png
2.png
3.png

DeletedUser101925

@defy;

Wether you enable it or disable it in flash it'll make 0 difference, atleast for me.

attachment.php

Are you saying it's available to you? (See screenshot)

DeletedUser80579

The flash hardware acceleration is not the same as the game HA.

DeletedUser105544

If you have problems with hardware acceleration here is an advice:
Throw computer through the window while playing FoE, than your hardware will accelerate 9,1 m/sec, the same as acceleration of earth gravity, and no chance to slow down.
Try, it is easy and it works 100%

DeletedUser101925

:confused: Problem reported at the beginning of April will - possibly - be fixed at the end of May? :confused:

This issue is still happening as of today. I'm still getting warped back to the first #5 when "too quickly" aiding my friends...

To quote from 1.52 log that supposed to fix this:
"The social bar advance buttons weren't always working correctly, scrolling through the neighborhood and stopping at a random spot."

That was it that was supposed to fix this right? This has been reported for so long and it's still not fixed. :( Disappointed.

DeletedUser7719

This issue is still happening as of today. I'm still getting warped back to the first #5 when "too quickly" aiding my friends...

To quote from 1.52 log that supposed to fix this:
"The social bar advance buttons weren't always working correctly, scrolling through the neighborhood and stopping at a random spot."

That was it that was supposed to fix this right? This has been reported for so long and it's still not fixed. :( Disappointed.
This bug happened an update after the neighborhood bug. The neighborhood bug was the one that was fixed.