• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.45

B G K

Private
Wow, another exciting update...

How about adding for once something useful such as
* A split "Aid" button so one can choose whether to motivate OR polish randomly without having to visit the city ?
* Marked soldiers so that one knows which barrack they come from during a battle in order to avoid having 4 dead soldiers from one barrack and all alive in the other
* A possibility to switch off the "info box" during battle which covers so much of the field that one cannot see which fields are covered by the opponent
* A fix that selling road which has happiness does not happen without prompting. Currently it simply goes when one accidentally clicks road rather than a building.
* A function which shows whether a sent message was actually opened by the other person.
etc etc. I could carry on the whole day with that list

But it is obviously much more useful to have some nicer animations on the map - time well spent by the developers... (in case you notice a hint of sarcasm then you are right)

DeletedUser5180

Wow, another exciting update...

How about adding for once something useful such as

* Marked soldiers so that one knows which barrack they come from during a battle in order to avoid having 4 dead soldiers from one barrack and all alive in the other

this has been asked for many times and you can lent your support to some of the ideas put forward

* A possibility to switch off the "info box" during battle which covers so much of the field that one cannot see which fields are covered by the opponent

you can make it disappear using the left arrow

pvp social bar.jpg

* A function which shows whether a sent message was actually opened by the other person.
etc etc. I could carry on the whole day with that list

i think this has also been proposed.... check the ideas and if not then perhaps put one forward

But it is obviously much more useful to have some nicer animations on the map - time well spent by the developers... (in case you notice a hint of sarcasm then you are right)

agreed re the animations.

what is welcome in the update is these 2 bugfixes...............

The message button was blinking again after reading all messages and doing any action afterwards.

The "Buy Forge Points" windows wasn't opening on first attempt on a slow connection

B G K

Private
Thank you akbhoy67 for your useful comments.
The first bugfix is indeed a good one. I was always wondering whether I missed a message.
Regarding the "info box" during combat I was actually referring to the one which pops up when you hover over one of the opponent's soldiers to see how far that one can go. The box is useful but it should be possible to hide it since it covers so much of the combat area that if you attack from above you need to look VERY quickly to see the darkened fields.
I would like to submit many more ideas to that part of the forum but it is very hard to figure out whether my idea is a new one or there is already a thread for it. A general problem with forums I guess. I am not a frequent user...

B G K

Private
Thank you byeordie - I hadn't seen that index. It looks actually very well organised. The page I had been on before was quite messy.

DeletedUser5180

DeletedUser7719

geez, in near 3 years on the forums i've never seen that index before, could be very useful as the search facility is poor at best, think i'll add it to my sig :)
Haha, only came out about 4 months ago, so it is pretty new. Jampots did most of the indexing while Amy Steele sorted the information and came up with the posts :)

DeletedUser5180

Haha, only came out about 4 months ago, so it is pretty new. Jampots did most of the indexing while Amy Steele sorted the information and came up with the posts :)

i still feel like a noob right now :p

an index to the whole forum would be great.!!

DeletedUser7719

Well, the only important things imo that need an index are questions, ideas, and guides, which are all linked at the bottom of my sig ;) ("Ideas?" is indirect since the link to the Index of Ideas was at the bottom of the post)

DeletedUser14782

It still would be really cool to have some sort of quick menu thing for posts in general.

DeletedUser106419

I'm looking forward to hearing the 'sounds' for the treasure hunt, It's going to be exciting I think :)

DeletedUser99588

I have seen an increase over the last few updates of crashing due to running out of video memory on both the computers I use for FoE. Sometimes it can happen after logging on and just visiting one city. It happens with animations on so something is going very wrong because my video card should more than handle the little animations in this game.

Prior to a couple of updates back I had never seen the video memory full error message and the fact it is happening on two different computers on different internet lines leads me to believe there is a high probability it is down to changes made by the developers

DeletedUser97349

I have seen an increase over the last few updates of crashing due to running out of video memory on both the computers I use for FoE. Sometimes it can happen after logging on and just visiting one city. It happens with animations on so something is going very wrong because my video card should more than handle the little animations in this game.

Prior to a couple of updates back I had never seen the video memory full error message and the fact it is happening on two different computers on different internet lines leads me to believe there is a high probability it is down to changes made by the developers

We have received a few reports of this recently, and so this is now under investigation.

EDIT: We are also aware of an issue with this update whereby the portrait for the Treasure Hunt captain is missing for Bronze Age accounts.

patrick3377

Corporal
I really do love the ability to scroll viewport with the arrow keys, however... I hate 1 thing: when you receive BP from quest it shows all BPs in bright colors, as if you have the full set already... before, the missing BPs were darker, and I liked that behavior :(

Please give me back the feature otherwise I'll leave the game and my friends will leave too, and friends of my friends, and some of them pay for the diamonds, and your company will bankrupt!!! (of course joking :D )

Last edited: