• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Unexplained re-activation of setting features

Amy Steele

General
Is it possible that hotfixes are occuring (small updates that aren't announced) and when these happen, it's setting it back to a default action of on?

That is very much what is happening. However it is not happening for all players, so we are therefore trying to determine the common factors for the players for whom HA is being turned on by updates, as this will help us find the root cause of the issue, which we need to know in order to be able to resolve it.

DeletedUser

I think the idea behind having the Hardware Accleration feature on the En servers is so that it can be used by people with newer computers but it can also be improved so that it will eventually be a setting that more people can use. It is a beta feature and can be disabled where it is not useful.

I have a high-end computer (can run any new game, use it for video montage and rendering 3D) and yet the hardware acceleration is 3x slower than default.

Various browsers and various operating systems.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

... However it is not happening for all players...
I suggest you do not know definitively it is not happening for all players. Only a small percentage bother to read this forum, the rest could well get the information from their guild mates and turn HA off without complaint. From what I remember of coding, way back when, the problem could well be lack of version control... as in parts of old versions are being "taken off the shelf" and stitched into whatever "fix" is flavour of the day. The whole situation is, of course, exacerbated by lack of testing and quality control before inflicting flawed fixes on your customer.

DeletedUser6065

WIN 14,0,0,125, Windows 7, Chrome/ 1280x919.
All 8 worlds. Slow response time. Screen 'jerks' on collections . . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Worlds: Fel Dranghyr, Houndsmoor and Arvahall.

Operating System: Windows Vista

Browser: Chrome

I didn't actually notice that Hardware Acceleration had been switched on until I went to settings to look. I did not notice any slow down nor any speed up of my game whilst it was on, so for me at this time it seemed to have little or no effect on anything.

DeletedUser99363

yes it happend to me on all worlds, and in turn created a problem when kicking football, as i clicked OK to achknowledge it triggered douible your chance, this happend 2 times, wouild be nice to get 40 cups back

DeletedUser4879

Yes fellow FOE players it happened on all servers including the Beta one!
And it wasn't the first time!!!!! And it slowed the game down to a draaag.........

DeletedUser96844

HA issues after last update ..
following details:

A, B, D, E, F and G servers....windows 7 ....IE 11

DeletedUser5514

Dinegu, win7, iexplorer 11

Now i know why the game became a bit erratic in the last days.

DeletedUser103056

Worlds: Arvahall, Brisgard, Cirgard, Fel Dranghyr
I also play on the other 4 EU EN worlds and the beta server and it didn't happen on those.

Browser: Firefox 30.0

Just to be clear, I'm a bit late posting this, it happened 4-5 days ago last time.

DeletedUser

C and D worlds, windows 8 home (latest update), firefox (latest update), flash version 13,0,0,214
Well at least we can always tell when an update happens....

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
This issue continues to be a problem. Last two updates Hardware Deceleration was once again enabled in all worlds.

DeletedUser99445

No Problems ever with mine despite the updates. Settings remain the same.

DeletedUser99588

This issue continues to be a problem. Last two updates Hardware Deceleration was once again enabled in all worlds.

Same for me although I run one of worlds with it on normally anyway to see how it behaves.

DeletedUser6065

You just now did it to me again. And, I knew instantly! Please knock it off! It doesn't work. Got it?
. . . . mk

DeletedUser97349

Whilst I appreciate this can cause frustration, it is not a bug, so I'm moving this accordingly.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
Whilst I appreciate this can cause frustration, it is not a bug, so I'm moving this accordingly.

How can you possibly say this is not a bug? Is Hardware Deceleration supposed to randomly turn itself on and pester players who do not want it?