• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Two things to improve fairness of the game

• Thread starter DeletedUser96819
  • Start date

DeletedUser2973

how is it fun putting 8 tanks into attack and pressing auto button exciting no challange there is no skill needed it has got to the point where who ever has the most tank factories wins me personally loved PVP now i,m plain bored off it i like challanges and PVP has got less and less off a challange and more off a chore to gain points some might say well don,t build up your attack GB,S but why when one i wouldn,t stand a chance in the pvp table and 2 be at a mass disadvantage to everyone else the defending side needs at least a 25% boost in attack to make it exciting again

DeletedUser13805

So you are fine getting your entire forces almost wiped out when facing equal level troops each time unless the AI is still broken?

Attackers need to have the advantage as defenders loose nothing or you will kill off pvp completely except for diamond players. Granted a bit of balance is needed but not to the point where you can only do a few battles a day under normal circumstances.

Pvp is a big part of the game here and simply making it a city farm game is not the way to go as this would cause it.

Not to mention a lot of people have paid diamonds for these GB's and to upgrade them and removing so much of what they paid for would upset them.

people paid out good money for buildings thats true but it didnt stop the devs giving the same buildings away to all in the recent summer event. no one cared if it upset diamond users who had payed out good money. so why should we treat castles any different ?
i have castles myself and i can beat any defence out there, i am up with the big boys and yet i would be willing to let the castles go as i know i dont need them to win i can use the troops that i have to do the job, thats what the game should be about and sadly the castles have ruined it.
i would expect many people who dont have the real skill for pvp would be upset at loseing there advantage but then at least we would have real champions who have really worked hard with there troops to get a win, not some idiot who clicked auto day in day out. if you want a fair game then something has to be done otherwise just get used to having the same people day in day out doing the same things day in day out ( bordom and no challenge for anyone)

DeletedUser

people paid out good money for buildings thats true but it didnt stop the devs giving the same buildings away to all in the recent summer event. no one cared if it upset diamond users who had payed out good money. so why should we treat castles any different ?
i have castles myself and i can beat any defence out there, i am up with the big boys and yet i would be willing to let the castles go as i know i dont need them to win i can use the troops that i have to do the job, thats what the game should be about and sadly the castles have ruined it.
i would expect many people who dont have the real skill for pvp would be upset at loseing there advantage but then at least we would have real champions who have really worked hard with there troops to get a win, not some idiot who clicked auto day in day out. if you want a fair game then something has to be done otherwise just get used to having the same people day in day out doing the same things day in day out ( bordom and no challenge for anyone)

The problem is they did not take away buildings people paid for and removing GB's is just that and that's a great way to make your paying customers angry.

Removing any bonuses you get from attacking would simply mean your troops would get nearly destroyed if you face a equal level opponent and this would kill off pvp to the point of where the only people that could take part in it are diamond players or people who have built only military buildings and houses to supply the population needed for them and that's it.

I prefer people to have the ability to take part in pvp in a game advertised in it otherwise if a attacker can only do 4-5 equal level battles then no one would attack unless the reward is increased heavily as right now only attackers suffer troop deaths.

Yes some balance is needed as you should not be able to do auto each battle and win against equal level opponents but attackers need to have a bonus to keep people actually taking part in pvp or you will kill the game completely and you might as well make the game farmville and only have the city builder aspect of it.

That's not what many are here for.

Look at the responses here for why many feel the same way I do:

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?22040-Offensive-amp-Defensive-Great-Buildings

Yes some kind of minimal damage is needed for equal age battles to prevent autoing but wiping out your troops on each battle when the AI is decent even with the correct strategy is what will happen unless the defender suffers as much as the attacker.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

how is it fun putting 8 tanks into attack and pressing auto button exciting no challange there is no skill needed it has got to the point where who ever has the most tank factories wins me personally loved PVP now i,m plain bored off it i like challanges and PVP has got less and less off a challange and more off a chore to gain points some might say well don,t build up your attack GB,S but why when one i wouldn,t stand a chance in the pvp table and 2 be at a mass disadvantage to everyone else the defending side needs at least a 25% boost in attack to make it exciting again

No one is saying you should be able to win all the battles with auto and they can always add a minimal damage done for troops of the same age to prevent this but attack boosts are needed unless people want to only do 4-5 attacks a day.

DeletedUser2973

if you have the skill too do so you can get more than 4-5 battles a day i could easily get 10 battles a day on a level playing field with only 2 of each militry building some players have more so can do even more battles and this is how it should be if you want to be a sim-city player have less militry if you want too compete in PVP push your village towards more militry buildings and use the skill not auto button to rack up over 100 battles in a day because you suffer no damage from having a 150% attack,defence bonus PVP should be about the skill off a proper player not who can sit there all day pushing auto battle instead off bonus buildings there should off been and upgrade system too level up troops in there militry building they come from not all getting the boost instantly

DeletedUser

if you have the skill too do so you can get more than 4-5 battles a day i could easily get 10 battles a day on a level playing field with only 2 of each militry building some players have more so can do even more battles and this is how it should be if you want to be a sim-city player have less militry if you want too compete in PVP push your village towards more militry buildings and use the skill not auto button to rack up over 100 battles in a day because you suffer no damage from having a 150% attack,defence bonus PVP should be about the skill off a proper player not who can sit there all day pushing auto battle instead off bonus buildings there should off been and upgrade system too level up troops in there militry building they come from not all getting the boost instantly

If you are facing equal level troops then it sounds like the AI was the factor as right now it's stupidity is the only thing preventing balanced fights if everything else is equal and that's not something a decent player should rely on in the long run as it's taking advantage of a poor system, especially with talk of live battles being looked at.

Also we have the new merge system to factor in as before at best you had maybe 7-8 people of equal strength and the rest were a joke but now without some kind of bonus for the attacker you can hardly take part in pvp as most should eventually be your level and could have the defense to back it up.

I see no way to rack over 100 battles a day unless you held off the map for a long time as at best you have 79 opponents daily and whatever the map has left for you at that time while you wait to unlock more areas.

Simple fact is the GB's have been released and removing them is not the way to go not to mention if you remove them then you will have to remove watchfires to keep things balanced for all.

Some kind of balance is needed as I have said yet you continue to ignore but you cannot expect 100% equal grounds for both the attacker and the defender if only the attacker suffers with the minimal reward currently offered and you want to keep pvp alive in this type of strategy game except for diamond players.

DeletedUser2973

yes but what i suggest is that instead off an instant bonus upgrade each militry unit should be able too be upgraded in there militry building taking resources or diamonds too upgrade them too a say a maxium off 3 levels for defence and 5 levels for attack this way as well unatached units would not benifit from these upgrades and also it would take time too upgrade them and not being able too throw down aload off buildings and have instant upgrades or the 150% attack bouns could stand but reduce the defence too say 75% to at least be able too cause some damage too attackers

DeletedUser13805

The problem is they did not take away buildings people paid for and removing GB's is just that and that's a great way to make your paying customers angry.

Removing any bonuses you get from attacking would simply mean your troops would get nearly destroyed if you face a equal level opponent and this would kill off pvp to the point of where the only people that could take part in it are diamond players or people who have built only military buildings and houses to supply the population needed for them and that's it.

I prefer people to have the ability to take part in pvp in a game advertised in it otherwise if a attacker can only do 4-5 equal level battles then no one would attack unless the reward is increased heavily as right now only attackers suffer troop deaths.

Yes some balance is needed as you should not be able to do auto each battle and win against equal level opponents but attackers need to have a bonus to keep people actually taking part in pvp or you will kill the game completely and you might as well make the game farmville and only have the city builder aspect of it.

That's not what many are here for.

Look at the responses here for why many feel the same way I do:

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?22040-Offensive-amp-Defensive-Great-Buildings

Yes some kind of minimal damage is needed for equal age battles to prevent autoing but wiping out your troops on each battle when the AI is decent even with the correct strategy is what will happen unless the defender suffers as much as the attacker.

ok dont take away the castles, instead give every player castles boosted up so they can join in the combat : ) as it is now pvp is only for a few players its dead in terms of fair play or real competion the castles have killed it in my view

DeletedUser2973

we could argue on here all day but the POWERS THAT BE need too listen and fix the pvp side too this game it once was good and exciting then the great buildings came and ruined it

DeletedUser13805

we could argue on here all day but the POWERS THAT BE need too listen and fix the pvp side too this game it once was good and exciting then the great buildings came and ruined it

i agree with you smarty i have banged on about this issue for ages, people agree but will never let there boosts go they dont really want a fair fighting system in place or thats how it looks to me. and i dont have any axes to grind as i am a top player myself winning the tower and have a strong defence att etc so i would lose them things myself but i dont mind as i want to feel like i have really beaten people not a hollow win that i have as i know without the boosts i wouldnt be as strong as i am so its hollow ; (

DeletedUser2973

i even suggested that the defending side get,s the last stand bonus everytime a defending unit goes down the rest get a extra 10 attack this would be easy to introduce on the new GREAT BUILDING

DeletedUser

Why not introduce another group of troops, but which can only be used for defensive purposes and not attacking. Maybe taking up a ridiculous amount of space to build the facility to discourage everyone from wanting it... They could do it a bit like the rogue hideout... first 2 slots available the other three slots unlocked for a premium. Would bring more variety to PvP attacks and offer 'farmers' an additional defensive option... just an idea....