• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

trying to overthrow Hymir

• Thread starter DeletedUser1109
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Damn OP, all you just need is spears.

If you failed, try again with spears.

Keep trying.

DeletedUser

I guess by now you're through Hymir but just to add my two bits for anyone else -

When I tried out the AI, it was quite off-putting, my troops looked as if they were all having some sort of seizure.

Spears seem to be fine against most units for for the early part.

A couple of Slingers help against distance units and to soften up Legionnaires, but you have to keep them on the run because they get chopped up if any other unit catches them.

Waiting to be attacked, whilst using cover that gives a defensive bonus seems to help.

Unlike in Tribal Wars, cavalry seem to be quite weak, except that I'm going to try out some tactics with them for fun.

It would be nice to have an army of more than 8 units. So far I haven't found any post about how to increase army size. Does anyone know if that's possible?

DeletedUser1081

It would be nice to have an army of more than 8 units. So far I haven't found any post about how to increase army size. Does anyone know if that's possible?

you can have more troops if you build more barracks, but you can only take eight at a time into battle.

DeletedUser

Well I tried using horsemen to make fast attacks to neutralise long range weapons.

Only limited success.

Horsemen get killed off easily by infantry whilst trying to get at the long range weapons like archers and ballista.

DeletedUser

Damn OP, all you just need is spears.

If you failed, try again with spears.

Keep trying.

Yeah. The first time I tried to conquer Hymir, I used 8 spears, and won on my first try. Do NOT let the AI battle for you, it plays incredibly stupidly.

DeletedUser

Well I tried using horsemen to make fast attacks to neutralise long range weapons.

Only limited success.

Horsemen get killed off easily by infantry whilst trying to get at the long range weapons like archers and ballista.

yknow what they say, if you can't beat them, try harder! :p

no seriously against long range units using something similar would bring you a long way off :D

DeletedUser1946

I don't build horsemen since they're just cannon fodder. All you need are spears, slingers, and Stone Throwers(though I haven't used them at all but are effective against ballista and archers).

DeletedUser1081

yeah, as far as i can tell the only reason to build horses is to admire the animation

DeletedUser

It has been said several times in the thread, dont let the AI run your battle, it may be only 8 units but you can work out a decent plan if you need to. Use the trees and rocks and you will get a decent bonus to your units power in fact if you put a spearman on top of the rock there isn't much infantry that can touch it..

DeletedUser1081

ahem ... it's archers (and i guess other short-range units) that get an attack bonus when they're on rocks. spears are protected by forests and bushes. (i know you just put that in to see if anyone was paying attention :cool:)

DeletedUser

No actually i got my units mixed up, (my bad) will go and hang my head in shame in the corner with my pointy hat on. Can you explain what the Large D is on the front.
As Mink CORRECTLY points out if you stand Archers on the rocks they will give you an extra battle bonus.

Shuffles away to corner slapping myself around the head. :o

DeletedUser

I overthrew him with six spears and 2 slingers. If you look at the stats warriors, horses, and seige weapons are about much use as ashtrays on a motorbike. Best of luck

DeletedUser

I overthrew him with six spears and 2 slingers. If you look at the stats warriors, horses, and seige weapons are about much use as ashtrays on a motorbike. Best of luck

lol that's a little harsh on warriors. they are a lot more useful than horsemen anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.