• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Trading Boost Tavern/GB

DeletedUser105579

Proposal:
Either:
A tavern boost that increases percentage goods gained from buildings (20%, 40%, 60%)

Have you Checked... yes
Did I find... no

Reason:
It will give something useful to buy in the tavern, and complete the production boost set.

Details:
See proposal

Visual Aids: Sadly none at this time

Balance:
Potential abuses involve players getting more goods per trade.

Abuse Prevention:
N/A

Summary:
A tavern goods boost.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103370

People in the same guild who have free trades could make a pile of free goods just by trading with each other

That's easy to circumvent, ie. only non-free trades can get boost.
Though I admit I feel the possibility of abuse here too, I believe in practice it could work well.

DeletedUser103370

In that case it will cost 1fp to make free goods, that's loads better

There are loads of boosts which giving you "free" stuff. For example the tavern's supply or coin boosts, TOR, and there are countless more...
This is just another tool in your arsenal. Also if it's tied to a building, then it takes space...
So I don't think we can talk about "free" goods. In tavern it costs you first a lot of time to advance it, then it will cost you silvers, which in turn it means you'll have to visit your friends too. In TOR's case, you have to build a GB. Other GB's also giving you many kind of different boosts, from basic boosts to boosting the prizes you get etcetera.

This is nothing different than what we already have in-game.

joesoap

Major-General
The difference is that the other boosts aren't influenced by other players, they are a solo boost & depend on what's in your city, this can be abused by players working together, it's the goods equivalent of players building each others arcs up to give them an amount of free medals & fps that normal players can't even comprehend
And what's going to happen all these free goods...they will be sold for fps

DeletedUser103370

The difference is that the other boosts aren't influenced by other players, they are a solo boost & depend on what's in your city, this can be abused by players working together, it's the goods equivalent of players building each others arcs up to give them an amount of free medals & fps that normal players can't even comprehend

True, but just like with other boosts, it can be done in a way to prevent abuse. For example with certain supply boosts, you only get a boost on the first X collection. That could be applied here too, and it's just even better if it requires cooperation between players. Also Arc is a different pie all together, it's been widely criticized and discussed, and that could be done in a way too, to prevent abuse imo.

DeletedUser110195

True, but just like with other boosts, it can be done in a way to prevent abuse. For example with certain supply boosts, you only get a boost on the first X collection. That could be applied here too, and it's just even better if it requires cooperation between players.
This wouldn't require cooperation between players, the only way you could limit this would be to make it VERY short duration, 5 minutes tops and VERY expensive to use, like above city shield expensive.

A better tavern boost related to increasing goods gained through something, would be to apply it to goods production, just like supply and coin production. Then maybe the 4 hour productions would see some use outside simply syncing the building up with the rest of your productions.

DeletedUser103370

That's why I give this a

Even if restricted to non-free trades, for one forge point a time, people can trade thousands (tens of thousands? hundreds of thousands?) backwards and forwards and gain huge amounts of goods.

But Prinza that can be even more easily circumvented. Back-trading would give you no bonuses...
Just an example, if I give with you a 1000 stones, I'd get the bonus. But if you trade a 1000 stones with me later, you'd get nothing. Then if you'd trade again stones you'd get a bonus.

This way you couldn't play with sending goods back and forth between players, because essentially you'd get 0 bonus.

Let me add this heavily depends on how they handle and register these transactions, if they do, then it's easy to eliminate the problem. If they don't then it's nearly impossible.

DeletedUser110195

But Prinza that can be even more easily circumvented. Back-trading would give you no bonuses...
Just an example, if I give with you a 1000 stones, I'd get the bonus. But if you trade a 1000 stones with me later, you'd get nothing. Then if you'd trade again stones you'd get a bonus.

This way you couldn't play with sending goods back and forth between players, because essentially you'd get 0 bonus.

Let me add this heavily depends on how they handle and register these transactions, if they do, then it's easy to eliminate the problem. If they don't then it's nearly impossible.
This would complicate it into uselessness. The only way you can use the tavern to increase your goods intake would be to boost your goods production, the same values as coin and supplies production boosts, 20/40/60%, making a 4 hour production crank out 6/7/8 goods instead of 5, 8 hour, 12/14/16 and so on.

joesoap

Major-General

The way round this restriction is to have 3 people trading...if there's a way for players to make free goods through trading you can be sure that there are players that will find a way around restrictions

DeletedUser103370

The way round this restriction is to have 3 people trading...if there's a way for players to make free goods through trading you can be sure that there are players that will find a way around restrictions

You know, I have only one problem against this type of criticism. While we try to find a solution to circumvent abuse, you only try to find ways to do it.
Instead perhaps you could try to use your brainpower and help us create a better system...

@z78sabjan Please don't take criticism personally; not every idea we have can turn out to be good. Sometimes, foreseeable problems can find a good solution, sometimes they make the difference between an idea that, while good on the surface, turns out to be not so good.

I think Augustavian has done a good job taking your idea and reasoning, and suggesting a more practicable course.

DeletedUser105579

@z78sabjan Please don't take criticism personally; not every idea we have can turn out to be good. Sometimes, foreseeable problems can find a good solution, sometimes they make the difference between an idea that, while good on the surface, turns out to be not so good.

I think Augustavian has done a good job taking your idea and reasoning, and suggesting a more practicable course.

Nicely put, I hadn't realized the 3 person potential for abuse until joesoap pointed it out. As Augustavian said, adding more rules and regulations "would complicate it into uselessness".

The only way you can use the tavern to increase your goods intake would be to boost your goods production, the same values as coin and supplies production boosts, 20/40/60%, making a 4 hour production crank out 6/7/8 goods instead of 5, 8 hour, 12/14/16 and so on.
Augustavian, may I replace the OP with your edit/suggestion?

The only way you can use the tavern to increase your goods intake would be to boost your goods production, the same values as coin and supplies production boosts, 20/40/60%, making a 4 hour production crank out 6/7/8 goods instead of 5, 8 hour, 12/14/16 and so on.

Similar to the other boosts it would also all the goods collections? (not including trading) Eg wishing well? Or would that be unbalanced?

DeletedUser110195

Nicely put, I hadn't realized the 3 person potential for abuse until joesoap pointed it out. As Augustavian said, adding more rules and regulations "would complicate it into uselessness".

Augustavian, may I replace the OP with your edit/suggestion?
Go for it

DeletedUser110195

Similar to the other boosts it would also all the goods collections? (not including trading) Eg wishing well? Or would that be unbalanced?
Hmmm...I don't think it would be unbalanced, those are 24 hour collections for the equivalent of a 4 hour production, the difference would be insignificant. I'd say have it affect any goods collection.

DeletedUser103370

Nah guys, I'm not taking it personally, thanks for the support though :)
I just mean that many times I see people throwing a negative comment, then when someone tries to solve it, they just throw another, and another, seemingly only care to find ways to undermine someone else's idea. And you know I'm not even the op for this one, but I think it'd be much more constructive if we'd try to come up with a solution at the same time!

I never mind valid arguments, in fact if it has merit we have to take it seriously, also I throw a like to the criticizing comments too, if they're constructive and nicely presented! I'd just like to see more support from each other and appreciation if someone spends his time trying to come up with something useful. After all it's much easier to criticize than to construct, or even try to come up with something that can actually solve these problems.

And yeah, I agree, what @joesoap said about the 3 person power-play is still a way to abuse it, perhaps @Augustavian's solution is the best.