• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Time Zones

DeletedUser116616

Hi.. Looking at the history/chat time indicators are a little bit confusing. The timings of events seem to jump around .

I am on the "en" server (?).

I would like to know if :

1. it possible to tell what time zone the server is set at. I am located in the eastern time zone --- GMT-5,

2. are all players ( for example the "en" server ) set on the same time, and

2. can a player change servers... go to "us" server and still maintain his progress, guild, and neighbors, etc

Shad23

Emperor
q # 1 : englend
#2 all players in en server are set on that time
#3if you got to new server you need to start a whole new city

Emberguard

Legend
There is a way to tell what time it is:

upload_2019-1-29_21-34-14.png
upload_2019-1-29_21-34-25.png

And yes it's England/Germany time. Each server has a different timezone based on where the server is aimed towards. The EN server is international so there's no one country that would be better suited as the server time. I guess being a German company that determined the timezone

Emberguard

Legend
Time in DC is the exact same as time in chat. He wanted to know whether there's a way to know what server time zone it is. Answer yes. You can check the time via DC and through that you have all the info needed to look up which timezone you're in.

The problem he stated was time in events seem to jump around. Well that's where the clock on the DC comes in. It gives a definite server time. Whereas the chat doesn't give that info unless you know how long ago that message was posted

Shad23

Emperor
Time in DC is the exact same as time in chat
chat time can not be changed DQ time yes chat time and msg center time can't be changed
DQ time can be changed so time of DQcan start when your up instead of when your sleeping
Time in DC is the exact same as time in chat
unless you already changed DQ time yes it's suposed to be the same time if you changed it then no it's not same time
Well that's where the clock on the DC comes in. It gives a definite server time.
how does that come in if you change DQ time it does not change chat time wich is server time
Whereas the chat doesn't give that info unless you know how long ago that message was posted
easy to know how long ago msg was poasted poast a new msg and do math between msg's it will tell you how long ago msg was poasted
and through that you have all the info needed to look up which timezone you're in.
he knows what time zone he's in his question was what time zone his server was on

Emberguard

Legend
he knows what time zone he's in his question was what time zone his server was on
Exactly why I pointed to the DC. It tells the server time which gives the info necessary to work out server time zone. Server time is a constant. You cannot change server time. You can choose a new start time but the server time remains the same
upload_2019-1-30_12-10-0.png

DeletedUser116611

InnoGames is in German based in Hamburg. Time zone in Hamburg, Germany (GMT+1), Time zone in England, UK (GMT)

DeletedUser113901

So are the other European countries. There is only a small window when there is not an hour difference.
Yes. The server time is affected by the hour change but GMT is not so your statement of the server being on GMT is wrong.

DeletedUser100133

For all of you that a little confused, UK is GMT but as Forge of Empires is a part of InnoGames and InnoGames is a German company, so the server time is set to Germany time which is GMT + 1 or CET

Agent327

Overlord
For all of you that a little confused, UK is GMT but as Forge of Empires is a part of InnoGames and InnoGames is a German company, so the server time is set to Germany time which is GMT + 1 or CET

In that case I like to report a bug. Current server time shows 11.24 pm. CET time at this moment is 00.24 am.