• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The end of GVG

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
the end of gvg will see many old time players finally give up, this game is going down hill fast, its now more like a game of prize bingo as all players want is rewards and they will spend for them, so can not blame inno they are a business after all and single players dont count as they dont pay there bills

Affy.

Corporal
I was just about to ask the same question , I cant wait to see 3 Guilds gone from our GvG map who have worked togeather and held sectors for years.

GvG was once fun. All I do now is break seiges hoping to make just a tiny dent in their Treasury.

Affy.

Corporal
Any date yet for the end of GvG ? how does it work annoucement made then ? bye bye GvG how much time do you get from announcement to last day GVG ? How did it go in Beta ?

Last edited:

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
Any date yet for the end of GvG ? how does it work annoucement made then ? bye bye GvG how much time do you get from announcement to last day GVG ? How did it go in Beta ?

No date set yet, There was 7 days notice on beta between it being announced and closing.

Galechade

Corporal
Apparently there are more issues with QI than was expected and its affecting different parts of the game as well. Inno is also working on all these different events that used to be only seasonal or for holidays, but are now two weeks immediately after the last one. There's also new settlements and an anniversary event coming up. Don't be surprised if they don't bother to even announce when GVG will end. I would not be a bit surprised if we show up to fight at reset and there is no GVG map. I, for one will walk away. QI is just another settlement but on steroids. No one I've talked to on Beta likes it, and the Beta forums are almost all complaints about it. I've played FoE for more than 11 years because GVG kept me here. Now all my international friends and I are looking for another game so we can still fight together since Inno is killing our ability to do that here.

@Ariana Erosaire , QI hasn't hit mobile on Beta yet. Your guild mate may be on the right path with April Fools Day, since we've all been played for fools. However, I would bet it doesn't hit live servers until July 1, if ever, in this iteration.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
QI is already a bust, I have spoken to many players within my Guild and in other guilds across 3 worlds, not one of them are considering playing it, the most common subject was that there simply isn't enough time to do everything, so rather than degrade their performance on an existing feature, they will simply not bother taking part in QI, from a guild perspective, yes would be fun to take part in cross world battles and interactions but not the way this has been designed, Back to drawing board Devs, this isn't going to work.... and if it does no one is going to spend money on it !

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
QI is already a bust, I have spoken to many players within my Guild and in other guilds across 3 worlds, not one of them are considering playing it, the most common subject was that there simply isn't enough time to do everything, so rather than degrade their performance on an existing feature, they will simply not bother taking part in QI, from a guild perspective, yes would be fun to take part in cross world battles and interactions but not the way this has been designed, Back to drawing board Devs, this isn't going to work.... and if it does no one is going to spend money on it !
by the sounds of it i will not be playing either, all my troop stocks i have had over all the years will be worthless once gvg has gone, had hoped this QI thing would be some kind of replacment but it appears not
i have given up 3 worlds i was playing in and now they are just diamond farms can not be bothered to play events or do anything else on those worlds and my time online is cut right down now as gbg fights means i can do my 500 or so fights per day and leave the game not needed but its just all got boring now

Affy.

Corporal
When GvG finished up in Beta , being on the map at the end , does it do anything for standings.Having sectors at the end.? Did Guilds get anything out of it ?

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
When GvG finished up in Beta , being on the map at the end , does it do anything for standings.Having sectors at the end.? Did Guilds get anything out of it ?
You should free the sectors you hold before GvG shuts down to get goods back.
Alternately, I think the final day stats were frozen in time and some people tried to get a top position in ranking. It's not for anything but bragging rights, so no you don't "get anything" out of it.

The new QI doesn't seem to require guild goods so... depending on your guild, not sure what you're going to spend for once it ends; we've always had more than enough to keep up with GE costs, and if you avoid low age players so you don't get zapped for 100,000 coffee in GBG, we rarely have a problem with goods for Battlegrounds either. By far the biggest expense for FE and under goods was always GvG.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General

Everyone received the 'Last province' building. It didn't matter if you played gvg everyone got it. That was pretty much it.

This building is our token of gratitude to everybody who played GvG over the years. Its first visual version was introduced in 2015 as the Speaker's Corner and served as an exclusive reward of the memorial "Hero's Tale" questline to honor the memory of Anwar Dalati, our colleague who was integral to the development of GvG

Screenshot_20240228_214458_Forge of Empires.jpg

I still have the original in my city and it's probably one of the very few buildings (Non GBs) I have from then. [Edit] it is my oldest building, I thought I got my gold award before this but it was the year after.

Screenshot_20240228_214951_Forge of Empires.jpg

I'm going to say 18th March, I think QI will be here for testing around then and not fully launched.

Last edited:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Yes, I still have the old Speaker's Corner too, it looks better less blurry lol. I felt I could get a better shot of it.
1709164054936.png

Probably I will keep this regardless, but we'll see. All the new buildings seem to be fluorescent compared to the more natural tones used in older buildings.

Also it's the only building that remained unique after Antiques dealer and spawning became a thing.

Affy.

Corporal
You should free the sectors you hold before GvG shuts down to get goods back.
Hi Klods I am farming and not doing alot in GvG maybe breaking afew seiges at reset as we have 2/3 guilds who have worked togeather for years and held the (AA map that is) ..