• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

The Damn Dirty Rats

DeletedUser12348

Love it lol lol !
Nothing as good as a drunken rat
except perhaps a drunken Scurvy Rat !!

DeletedUser98260

Ooooh its got an ATM inside, wonder if you can get diamonds from it.

DeletedUser12348

Mmmmm, we have gone too quiet.....

Oh yes, PALADINS 0 DAMN DIRTY RATS 10

hehehehehe

DeletedUser12348

****** VERY IMPORTANT DAMN DIRTY ANNOUNCEMENT ******

Gonna say this straight, not interested in game politics or being politically correct but enough is enough.

The Damn Dirty Rats will endure but the heart and soul of the best Damn Dirty Guild on this game has quit the game. Why ??? Because of the cheating. We saw and reported cheating on the Beta server and nothing happened as a result. We have been cheated out of sectors on the main game and reported it.The result ? Nothing !

The cheats will carry on "playing" and the sectors we lost will remain lost to us, irrespective of the fluffy PC responces we get from support. Can't see the point of playing and it is that simple. We will also lose the goods and troops we allocated to the sectors we won in good faith and had cheated from us.

As said, it has been reported, the cheats are known and the cheats are known by the vast majority of players on the game. Will anything happen to them ? NO ! And that is an issue by itself.

So, inaction means that honest players will leave the game. We will not come back unless some visible action is taken. Your "yes, but" politically correct responses to our reports mean nothing. We have seen it all before.

So we will play the game no more. Cheats do seem to prosper on here and honest players penalised as a consequence. You cannot compete against cheating so it is futile.

Take what you want from the above but it is straight from the heart from players that love the game. We will keep an eye on the game and if the cheaters are gone then we will return. But, I will not hold my breath.

Scurve.
Patriarch of the Damn Dirty Rats - The best guild on this game and a guild that actually does care !

DeletedUser3991

I have played this game for 2 years, and have never seen such blatant cheating.

We have always played honestly, and enjoyed the GvG immensely, when played fairly.
But it seems that there are no repercussions for cheaters, so doesn't seem fair at all, for those honest players, just after a bit of fun.
Some of our guild even pay to play this game, and try to enhance their game - they have no chance against cheaters.
Why should honest players suffer, because some people are liars and cheats?

How can these people have a sense of acheivement? They just upset other players, and make them quit.

I would never advocate cheating, but without punishment, I can see why people feel that they can.

We are only a small guild, but have a large amount of friends across worlds, and they are also disgusted with this situation.

I hope they listen, and realise that word of mouth is a very powerful tool, and can do damage to reputations - especially in the gaming world.

DeletedUser

(external link removed) LIKE THIS PAGE PLEASE!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12348

Ah, this brings memories of your Halloween intervention on the forums :p

Btw, I'm surprised you guys are now only seeing the downside to GvG :p

hehehe that was fun and it got us in trouble :)

We have seen many downsides to GvG but have lived with them until now. However, we cannot live with bare faced cheating !
Actually, we will not live with it because we are quitting. We expect no help from support and therefore will not face the futility of trying to compete with cheats. A well known infamous cheat at that, well known to the whole Cirgard gaming community. What have support done in the past ? Nothing and that is why we expect nothing now.

DeletedUser579

You dont describe this cheating, it can't be that they have found a 'backdoor' to FOE coding, giving themseves super powers in attack or the devs would have spotted that and stopped it.
I hate cheating as a general rule but cheating is actually institutionally encouraged in FOE.
I'm prepared to bet that the people jumping up and down crying 'cheat' have their cities filled with bells and whistles via a shed load of diamonds with the latest GBs after buying most of the blue prints and then have them filled up with FPs from the 'poor little dears' who are desperatly collecting BPs the legitimate way ( mostly duplicates) and are grouped together in a large guild of likeminded players.

So some small guild has found a way, within the rules presumably, of levelling the playing field?

Sorry, but this sounds to me like group of spoiled kids jumping up and down saying " Mummy Mummy, those naughty chilldren won't roll over and give us all their toys"

DeletedUser12348

You dont describe this cheating, it can't be that they have found a 'backdoor' to FOE coding, giving themseves super powers in attack or the devs would have spotted that and stopped it.
I hate cheating as a general rule but cheating is actually institutionally encouraged in FOE.
I'm prepared to bet that the people jumping up and down crying 'cheat' have their cities filled with bells and whistles via a shed load of diamonds with the latest GBs after buying most of the blue prints and then have them filled up with FPs from the 'poor little dears' who are desperatly collecting BPs the legitimate way ( mostly duplicates) and are grouped together in a large guild of likeminded players.

So some small guild has found a way, within the rules presumably, of levelling the playing field?

Sorry, but this sounds to me like group of spoiled kids jumping up and down saying " Mummy Mummy, those naughty chilldren won't roll over and give us all their toys"

You ain't got a clue sunshine

DeletedUser99588

Forgive my ignorance but I'm interested in knowing the cheating you are referring to because rightly or wrongly the threads I have read there was a clear statement by a mod saying their aren't any rules for GvG at this time. Can't remember which one as read so many. So that leaves me wondering how you cheat when there aren't any rules to break. Maybe there should be some rules but that's a different argument to an accusation of cheating. Cirgard isn't my main world but I'm genuinely interested in knowing what is happening to make a guild as prominent and successful as yours give up.

DeletedUser579

Perhaps you should clue me in then !

What exactly is it that a handful of players can do that can turn over a much larger Guild?

DeletedUser579

By the way Scurvy, your location - Sherwood Forest?
I'll bet Robin Hood would love these guys :D

DeletedUser12348

Forgive my ignorance but I'm interested in knowing the cheating you are referring to because rightly or wrongly the threads I have read there was a clear statement by a mod saying their aren't any rules for GvG at this time. Can't remember which one as read so many. So that leaves me wondering how you cheat when there aren't any rules to break. Maybe there should be some rules but that's a different argument to an accusation of cheating. Cirgard isn't my main world but I'm genuinely interested in knowing what is happening to make a guild as prominent and successful as yours give up.

Our guild operates in a very open and honest way. There are no cheaters in our guild and we do not employ any underhand tactics. We despise cheating, in all its forms, and firmly believe it is destructive to the game, a player and the community. We have played together for many years and witnessed first hand the destructive nature of cheating in a game. After five years of fantastic MMO game-play we left that game and swore we would never play a game again where cheating was evident. It is futile trying to compete against a cheater where they either get game advantages by bots, direct cheats / manipulation or for free. Simply, we are not going to do it and we are not, again, going to watch a game descend into who has the best / latest cheat wins scenario ! What is the point of honestly spending years of time, money and effort going to waste against cheats who can obtain these advantages in seconds ? Cheaters simply ruin games, they destroy the whole community eventually and we ain't gonna hang around to see that. Wait and see the forums fill up with complaints about cheats. It will happen.

And we are very vocal about it and that's because we care. We wouldn't have played this game for close on two years now if we didn't care. Our guild is full of wonderful like minded people who until now loved this game and the community. Now it is no fun and why should you play a game if it isn't fun. That's what the cheaters do, destroy the fun element. If you could speak to the guys in the guild you would realise how genuinely upset they are.

We could hang around and fight !! Our only tool is to be vocal on the forum and speak out and express our views, but historically it has proven to be ultimately pointless. Our posts will be censored / deleted and we will be eventually banned. Banned for telling the truth isn't much fun so we won't bother. You could argue that support is another route we could use but again we are well aware and pretty expert on the support structure of a game and you will find their hands are tied as firmly as ours in this respect. Great guys and gals doing a great job but you really have to get to the decision makers and those that are empowered. Then there are privacy laws which the game has to adhere to, but some name and shame the cheats !

And then there is the aspect of proof. It is always asked for but it is always pretty difficult to get screenshots or videos after the event because it has all gone ! But we all see it, we are the real experts on the game ! It happens before our eyes but it is too late to take those shots or get Hypercam up and running !

Sorry, I am going on a bit but this is only because I am passionate about games I play and what these ( censored by me ) do. I could write a thesis on the effect of cheats /cheaters on the life cycle of an MMO lol. I hope this answers your question, if you want more I could give you the link to our Teamspeak to chat. Trouble is, it is pretty empty now lol.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment towards our guild. I will pass that onto the guys and gals.

DeletedUser12348

Perhaps you should clue me in then !

What exactly is it that a handful of players can do that can turn over a much larger Guild?

Perhaps if you hadn't finished a what actually started as a constructive post with your buying diamonds, spoiled kid and mummy, mummy nonsence, then you might have deserved my attention.

DeletedUser12348

Finally, as you expect the Damn Dirty Rats to come up with badges for everything, here are two that you can use in your posts whenever you like.

The special We Hate Cheaters Badge to be displayed proudly in your posts and to send the message around the whole of the FoE community that cheats / cheaters will not be tolerated .......

we hate cheaters.png

And secondly, a very special badge ( ribbon ) that the guilds who play and fight fairly and honestly in GvG can wear proudly in their forum posts. Send a message out that we will not allow cheaters to ruin our game. Note, the ribbon is not pink.

play fairly.png

You can call this the final legacy of the Damn Dirty Rats, the best guild on this game !

DeletedUser579

Half A tome and yet all you do is complain about cheats, you STILL haven't described what form this 'atrocity' takes !!!!!!!

DeletedUser12348

Half A tome and yet all you do is complain about cheats, you STILL haven't described what form this 'atrocity' takes !!!!!!!

As I said previously, rudeness doesn't deserve my attention.

play fairly.png

DeletedUser99588

Thank you for your heart felt response. If you have the time please pm what you are referring to as cheating as I can see you are wary about putting it in the open forum.