• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Support Team Feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108405

poppinjay said:
Would it be possible in future for new players registering on the forum to be informed that they must wait an undesignated amount of time to actually be able to use their account for more than viewing topics? And this being the case, can the entire support team be made aware of it as the first member I contacted for assistance seemed to have no knowledge that there was even a validation process in progress. It seems there's been a breakdown in communication there.

Thank you!

QueenStacy said:
the need to have noobs register/become validated arose from the many times noobs come on with opinions that cannot be formed as they have zero experience in the game, let alone in the EN server. so there is as they say something rotten in denmark and now noobs will have to earn their FoE/EN chops to actually form an opinion
poppinjay said:
Really? Can someone in actual authority please confirm if this is the case? And also confirm that the experiences and opinions of new players are not relevant or needed as this very informed and helpful player says?

Just a gentle reminder of the above. Really seems like you've just deliberately gone out of your way to pick the least arduous task here. And predictably, it's added nothing.

DeletedUser7719

IF this is true, then it's a complete and utter disgrace and I fully support mydlana in asking for an explanation. As I know from her friendship and from working with her in Support in the past, salior is one of the hardest working, pleasantest and most helpful mods you could ever hope to meet. Also, if true, this has just destroyed any trust I have in Support being capable of open reform!
It's just the Senior Forum Moderator part. She's only a Senior In-Game Moderator, so she was removed from the forum part, but is still a Senior In-Game

DeletedUser101150

Why is a game Moderator replying to this thread anyway then, it couldnt be clearer that customer relations is not their strong suit.

Probably they won't tell you why Salior was demoted due to 'privacy reasons'. It's the usual carte blanche they use to do as they like without being held accountable to anyone bar the corrupt head of support. You couldn't send it up... what legitimate company operates this way?

I am also listed as a senior forum moderator here. And who the team chooses to post things on the forum is our decision.
And we don't have to say why Salior was demoted, as Salior was not demoted in anyway.

DeletedUser108405

Actually, 'An increased forum presence and activity from the CM' would probably have been easier to implement, that being a one-man department, but apparently that has proven too difficult.

DeletedUser

Support being capable of open reform!

Rather a non-sequitur methinks especially with this CM in post !!!

@Zarok Dai...... denying that there actually IS a problem with this CM, and trying to close the public discussion of the issue, indicates that the problem is more deeply seated than I thought. All you will do is to drive the disgust, discussion and derision back underground again. Which is what I HAD assumed that this thread was intended to prevent.

DeletedUser

I am also listed as a senior forum moderator here. And who the team chooses to post things on the forum is our decision.
And we don't have to say why Salior was demoted, as Salior was not demoted in anyway.

Seriously? OK some advice now... just switch off the computer and go take a break. Your posts are becoming increasingly nonsensical... I really think youd do better to back off for a while.

DeletedUser98159

just signed in to my global chat and saw a whole lotta mods there!! :D :D :D

nice to see that Support/CM teams are taking these complaints seriously. this thread has been up for one week and i am pleasantly surprised to see staff identification is in place. thanks for that! and while im sure everything cannot be completed as quickly as CM/Support team identification, this goes to show that at least some of the suggestions we are making you are implementing. nice to know those of us who are working for legitimate changes and offering suggestions for change are being taken seriously. thanks for your efforts and i personally am awaiting more :)

it is never easy to sit through constructive criticism, although good things can often result, so thanks for the changes. i hope you are all at least laughing when it comes to the trash talking by the noobs and rubes as they are only here to moan and gripe and there will be no making them happy :D :D :D

you are either a part of the solution or a part of the problem ... and we are easily seeing who falls where!
keep up the good work of listening to your customers :)

DeletedUser101150

Just a gentle reminder of the above. Really seems like you've just deliberately gone out of your way to pick the least arduous task here. And predictably, it's added nothing.

Yes steps are being taken to make sure new players are made aware of any current restrictions on the forum, and to explain why those restrictions are in place. We will also announce this when it has been implemented.

DeletedUser7719

Actually, 'An increased forum presence and activity from the CM' would probably have been easier to implement, that being a one-man department, but apparently that has proven too difficult.
She has been commenting more often recently. Around as much as the other admins since last week...

DeletedUser108405

She has been commenting more often recently. Around as much as the other admins since last week...

Rubbish, byeordie. Three posts, one saying she'd pass on thanks, one with information we already knew and one on the Count to a Million thread? You think that's what is needed / we were asking for?

If anything, the other admins have slowed to her pace for convenience.

DeletedUser

I've noticed a few.. posts saying 'I'll pass it on' and such. I think people were hoping for a competent CM with a thorough knowledge and understanding of the game, who has integrity. It doesnt matter what kind of form you're implementing, it won't change a person's ability, will it.

DeletedUser58910

TY byeordie for clearing up the information about salior, that's much appreciated

DeletedUser96995

just signed in to my global chat and saw a whole lotta mods there!! :D :D :D :)
I need to point out here that u play in the world loads of mods are as regular players. Not moderators. So if they are on the global its not because of them showing their mod presence....its them playing the game

DeletedUser

I need to point out here that u play in the world loads of mods are as regular players. Not moderators. So if they are on the global its not because of them showing their mod presence....its them playing the game

Exactly. I think if anything this will be more damaging, and feed the belief that mods are able to mod the worlds they play, which I understand is quite rightly not the case.

This is a very poorly thought through change, hastily implemented, presumably just to make it look like somethings being done, and allowing the real issue to be swept under the rug again.

DeletedUser7719

Rubbish, byeordie. Three posts, one saying she'd pass on thanks, one with information we already knew and one on the Count to a Million thread? You think that's what is needed / we were asking for?

If anything, the other admins have slowed to her pace for convenience.
Sorry, was counting announcements as well, but to give what she's posted within the past week:
there is nothing to be grateful for!!! the devs are just cleaning their own mess!!! btw still no headers for single messages and many times mentioned delete button...

There are still more updates planned,
Well, the message improvement seems to work good. My message box is neat and tidy now. Thanks Inno :)

I will pass on your thanks,

Tracy, as far as your role as CM manager goes, surely you above all people in the support set up should be able to give real feed back as to whats happening to all the big issues we have complained about for years, but no we never ever get any real feed back except "we are going to work on this" or "we hear what you have said and have passed your views on". this really is not good enough.

I would like to give you an answer to this part of your comment, and say that all feedback is passed back to the LCM in a weekly report. I for one, have many conversations with him regarding the state of this or that, however, we can only give you what we are told. Im sorry but we rarely get given any more info on the issues you face. I sometimes get told, "we hope it will be done by x but cant guarantee", what is the good in telling you that? none as I only want to be able to pass back information which I know for sure is going to happen.

Communicaiton flow, is something which I have complained about many times, and part of the reason for Zarok Dai returning to this market is to rimprove the info flow from beta to EN. This means that we are as a team as up to date with all information on bugs and issues as we can be for when the market is update.
Tracey we have had this conversation a dozen times, why should this be any different? It's time to accept that change is not possible, not to the degree that would make any difference.

I am not sure what standard you have put on measuring the success or failure of my efforts here, but as you seem to have already decided this will not succeed, I am choosing to continue improving anyway.
I note that this post has neither been acknowledged nor answered by anyone in an Official position..... this is a prime example of what the post is about. Then again HeyHO.... this what we have come to expect I suppose.

So far, when checking this post, I am yet to see something that hasnt already been replied to or acknowledge in the original post.
Such has always been the case, anything inconvenient is suddenly invisible. It's uncanny.

Such as the opinion of someone who has worked closer than anyone on FoE with the CM.

I am trying to improve things here and now and moving forward. I can not change the past, only the present. I have already acknowledged there are things I am trying to improve, but continuing to keep bringing up a past that can't be changed is not helping anyone here. This is not a venue to discuss the past, it's supposed to be about moving forward and improving.
Still hoping the CM and CCMs will confirm this is the case, it would be good to hear the whole admin team was united behind this decision :)

I wonder though, that if they were all online for you to gain all of their approval, why didn't one of them post? Would have been better for clarity.

As a CM Team we actively support the posts made my Zarok, and look forward to constructive feed back.
Another EXTREMELY IRRITATING "feature" of the new mailing system is that we are now limited to the length of our posts (20 line breaks/paragraphs & 5000 characters). This prevents the mailing of the Guild Rules to people outside the Guild for their agreement when they ask for entry to the Guild. These limits need to be removed immediately since its making it IMPOSSIBLE to run a Guild properly as most Guild Founders want to.

The changes which have been implemented on the Beta server while going partway to rectifying the currently unusable system are good but they dont go far enough IMHO.

As for the "xxx has left the thread" problem..... maybe it should be made so that only the person who started that thread can see who has left it. That way things like important Guild Mails can be monitored by the Leadership of that Guild (which may have been the aim of it in the first place).

SHELOB

The line and character limit is associated with the message system being compatable with all apps and is unlikely to be changed, we will however pass on your comments.

This is undoubtably the worst change that FOE have ever made. The enjoyment and ease of playing the game is now compromised by a ridiculous message system that clogs up everyone messages with no ability to delete any more. Even removing yourself from the thread creates more misery for every other player, this is madness. PLEASE either add a delete option or go back to the old system or you will lose players.

We totally understand that you like others are frustrated with the new messaging system, what we can assure you is that over the next two or three updates major improvments are planned. Once thiese are in place we hope that you will find the new system more to your liking.
It's definitely a start imho :)

DeletedUser

Sorry, was counting announcements as well, but to give what she's posted within the past week:
It's definitely a start imho.

Oh my goodness, are you for real? Can you even see how your post reads? You're quoting a bunch of replies, mainly attempting to rebuff the fact she's not very good, and citing this as evidence that she's improving? How long has she been here? Are these scant posts supposed to prove something? O.M.G. I am actually speechless.

DeletedUser96995

It's definitely a start imho :)

OK.... What struck me most was a lot of quotes from starzaan....considering he has been forum banned for I think nearly a week now...it looks a bit strange. Either they are quotes from the earlier posts hence not proving the last weeks increased presence....or quoted from the private mail...which would be a massive confidentiality breach

DeletedUser7719

OK.... What struck me most was a lot of quotes from starzaan....considering he has been forum banned for I think nearly a week now...it looks a bit strange. Either they are quotes from the earlier posts hence not proving the last weeks increased presence....or quoted from the private mail...which would be a massive confidentiality breach
As I said, it's the posts she's made from the past week. All of Starzaan's replies are the ones in this thread ;) Can I at least ask in a serious manner: what do you expect her to say if you want her to post more often?

DeletedUser

As I said, it's the posts she's made from the past week. All of Starzaan's replies are the ones in this thread ;) Can I at least ask in a serious manner: what do you expect her to say if you want her to post more often?

Useful information ? I know that suggestion seems to be way out there, but just a thought. But then she would have to know what she is talking about, and by the sounds of it, she doesn't.

DeletedUser97018

first of all, if i was starting the game now, i would probably give up after seeing this thread - so much negativity...
secondly, are you serious with those letter-before-name thing?!? in every world mods play?!? have you ever considered that maybe some of them really like to play the game and joke around on global chat without being called for every stupid thing this game has to offer? and we all know there are plenty of them. i can understand the need for it but for those worlds mods DO MOD, not for their gaming worlds...
if i ever thought about becoming a mod and thinking about helping ppl, rest assured, i am over it...
and one more thing for tonight - when i joined this forum, i also joined coz i had some questions, and didn't have to wait for cooling period to post. and why shouldn't a person that just logged in on forum address their opinion in here? he or she may play this game long enough and know plenty, but is finally "driven" to make a forum account for this or that reason. i don't see a good explanation for not being able to post
all in all, i'm ending this day in total disappointment :(
rant over
good night

Status
Not open for further replies.