• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Support Team Feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser108406

They didn't. Star has passed a message via me asking not to be contacted by the person who banned him....but that's it

Indeed, that's what I saw too. I didn't see anything from the other player involved. So, I'd imagine they have not been contacted to this day. That's a major and quite disgusting oversight.

DeletedUser6065

All right here folks - let me give you the bottom line. And that is, I am finding it extremely difficult to garner any sympathy whatsoever for Star. No, actually I have just changed my mind, and I have no sympathy for Star.

When Star was a Mod, he was very free with the 'delete posts' key, as well as the 'Ban' key. I might even say, overly so. He simply got what he had been dishing out so carelessly. Now, he's got you all crying in his Pablum for him.

Nope, not buying it. And, in case your wondering, yes I do have a personal axe to grind with 'Mr.' Star, as his favorite target during his time as Mod, is a very dear friend of mine. And, that player posted nothing worse than what we've all seen here in this thread. Or in lord knows how many other threads past and present (anybody object to my using the word lord?). He just got bent 'cuz he was named specifically in the posts and called to task, just as you have all done. And, many of your posts regarding Mod participation in this game, while maybe accurate, are just a little harsh. Yet, I see none of you banned as yet. Wouldn't be the case if Star's name had appeared. I believe it very likely you would have been gone.

No, I am afraid our Star might even be characterized as a fairly small man (notice I didn't use the word corrupt as so many of you have used so freely and I am of the opinion to say carelessly), a man who does not have clean hands on this issue, or others in raised here in Forum EN and Forum Beta. But especially the issue of censorship.

Historical note, even though my friend was banned numerous times on EN, that player has been continually reinstated. Obviously there were some who did not agree with the banning. In fact, that player is the Original Poster of what may arguably be considered the thread that is evoking the most passionate responses [current] from Server EN players. Oh yes, that person actually got banned from posting later in their own Thread. Strange, but true. The player was, of course reinstated.

Sorry Star. No tears for you. If you thought you couldn't take the heat, you shouldda stayed out of Hiroshima and not posted here. You were overly exuberant when you criticized the system. You got what you dished.

That's my opinion, and you are all entitled to it.

. . . . Michael Lorne Kelley

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108072

Michael K, publicly attacking someone who can't defend themself is a bit off in my opinion, and probably says more about you than them.

But to the reason for my post - I also dislike the new mod prefixes, for the reasons already stated.

DeletedUser99588

Michael K, publicly attacking someone who can't defend themself is a bit off in my opinion, and probably says more about you than them.

But to the reason for my post - I also dislike the new mod prefixes, for the reasons already stated.

It is not Michael's fault Star cannot defend himself and whether you agree with what he has said or not, he as many others have already, should be free to give his opinion.

Much of what he has written is correct but the moderators and CCM's take their lead from the CM on how the forum should be run. If the CM dictates that members should be banned or censored then it will happen and it is up to the moderators and CCM's to decide if they are willing to be party to it.

The CM has the power to change how the forum is run. I know there are certain rules dictated by Innogames but how they are implemented is very much down to the CM. I know neither will like this statement but I do not see much difference between Starzaan and Darkstar in the manner of their moderating. One of them may well have more experience and knowledge of the game. The differences with what happens in the background may well be significant but the majority of us will never know.

Innogames make life for their Forum staff very difficult due to their unprofessional attitude to the game development in general and total lack of respect for their customer base who they continue to ignore and treat like beta testers.

For the forum to become a more positive environment it is going to need Innogames to act in more professional manner, moderators to be moderators and not Innogames customer relations fire fighters. Quite frankly moderators shouldn't be expected to defend Innogames there should be a dedicated member of the Innogames staff who interacts with us on their behalf and works closely with the developers.

More importantly much of what is complained about and causes a large percentage of the problems in the forum should never have reached the live servers in the first place. So personally, I would rather see Zarok Dai putting her full attention into stopping the rot of poor elements of updates being allowed to pass into the live servers in the first place.

DeletedUser108072

It is not Michael's fault Star cannot defend himself and whether you agree with what he has said or not, he as many others have already, should be free to give his opinion.

Well then I have the right to my opinion too, surely? And that is that the thread is supposed to be about the current mod team, previous teams are not very relevant. Nor do I see any evidence that either Starzaan or lady-lexis has any issues with the 'heat', so why are they being attacked over it? All I see is other people voicing concerns about the sudden permanent bans affecting several (3 including Runsamok) people that the CM apparently has a grudge against. Yet others voicing similarly critical opinions are not subject to the same censure?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

Well then I have the right to my opinion too, surely? And that is that the thread is supposed to be about the current mod team, previous teams are not very relevant. Nor do I see any evidence that either Starzaan or lady-lexis has any issues with the 'heat', so why are they being attacked over it? All I see is other people voicing concerns about the sudden permanent bans affecting several (3 including Runsamok) people that the CM apparently has a grudge against. Yet others voicing similarly critical opinions are not subject to the same censure?

Indeed you do have the right but you were questioning someone elses which is why I pointed it out. This thread is to discuss improvements to the moderating of the forum so it is quite reasonable for players to point out their past experiences which may include moderators or CCM's that are no longer in that position. I'm not happy that Star or Lady Lexis has been banned or that the points they raised have yet to be acknowledged.

In fact as far as I can tell the CM hasn't denied doing what they accused her of and if anything banning them will just lead many to believe there was some truth behind it. In fact if they were banned to cover it up that is probably a greater abuse of power.

We will probably never know as far as I can tell this CM team is not really pro transparency and likes the current forum model of running a dictatorship with nowhere for the customers to go to complain about the CM team other than to the CM team themselves.

So we are left with the CM believing she owns this server and can do what she likes with it according to one of her previous moderators who quoted her earlier in the thread.

DeletedUser

So, first let me say I have purposely avoided posting in this thread for several reasons. Primarily that my appearance would have only led to the intent of this thread being dragged even further off topic than it already has been. It was more important to begin to set up the suggestions we are already working on, including, but not limited to, a system to file complaints on level 3 support members.

We have discussed how to best salvage this thread and bring it back to its original intent which is to inspire positive improvement for the team, not to attack them.

So instead of moderating this thread and ending up having to remove a large percentage of the posts for being off topic, endlessly repeated points, attacks against staff and other players, and in general not offering the feedback in the form of suggestions that we asked for, we will be closing this thread and re-opening a new one where the guidelines will adhere much more strictly to keeping things within the original intent of the thread.

The first and this last post from this thread will be posted in the new thread to start things off, and we all please ask you to provide feedback in the spirit with which we opened this thread in the first place.

All of the points, suggestions, opinions, criticisms, and any other feedback has been noted and we are looking at a lot of it to improve. But as we have noted all of this and it has already been responded to repeatedly, the new thread will not allow continuations of things that have been posted here. It is going nowhere and its time to start new.

I really do hope the community will offer feedback they believe will improve the performance of the current team, so we can all move forward and make things the best they can be. We are all genuinely trying, but you have to meet us half way.

This thread will remain viewable for a few hours as we set up the new thread but then will be removed completely.

Thank you all for your interest and feedback, and look for more updates on the solutions we are working on and when you can expect them.

CM-Tracey and the EN-FoE Support Team

Status
Not open for further replies.