• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Support pool all messed up

DeletedUser

• World:
    I only have seconds so maybe someone else can do proper form. Houndsmoor support pool bonuses are completely messed up. Not sure if this is just graphical or if another bug. Sector right next to HQ aren't even getting more than 12 bonus, but it should be WAAAAY higher. Meaning places 12 sectors away should be getting the full 50, yet next door isn't even getting it.

DeletedUser7719

Do you know how the Support Pool is calculated? And what province are we talking about?

DeletedUser

I'm back for a minute. Yes, each level of defense GB gives 3 or 4 pts. Then we get some based on level of guild. Two days ago all 12 sectors on multiple provinces were getting 50%. Just look at CA or PE for example on Houndsmoor. Then notice that only the sectors adjacent to HQ are getting bonus, and even then it is not 50%. This is true for all guilds and our guild has a bunch of GBs that should be getting us way more that what we are getting. It is on all provinces from what I can tell

DeletedUser7719

Well CA has a support factor of 3 and PE has a support of 6, so this means that the defense will spread 3 and 6 times (respectively) less. I'm still not certain of how the defense spreads though

DeletedUser

It was completely different before todays (unannounced) update, so whitout any changelog announcing the change i consider its a bug. And you can calculate it however you want.

DeletedUser

yeah the math doesn't even work, I am not really sure why you are trying to say this isn't a bug....

DeletedUser1081

Well CA has a support factor of 3 and PE has a support of 6, so this means that the defense will spread 3 and 6 times (respectively) less.

What do you mean? I asked elsewhere on this fine forum and was told it's distributed the same in each era/province. We need a clear and complete explanation of how this works.

DeletedUser7719

Again, I'm not really sure, and trying to find out by looking at guilds with few members to see if I can come up with anything. I am not saying that this isn't a bug, but I'm just reminding you that the Iron Age will have 6 times more of defense compared to PE because of the Support Factor.
I will continue my estimates on the Support Pool on the GvG questions thread

DeletedUser4089

Well CA has a support factor of 3 and PE has a support of 6, so this means that the defense will spread 3 and 6 times (respectively) less. I'm still not certain of how the defense spreads though

What do you mean? I asked elsewhere on this fine forum and was told it's distributed the same in each era/province. We need a clear and complete explanation of how this works.

byeordie is correct. Before being distributed, the support pool is divided by the support factor of a province.
You can see the support factor of a province by hovering over it in the map overview.

DeletedUser

look at PE, CA map in Houndsmoor. Only one guild is getting any defense boost (outside HQ) now.... This is ridiculous. Our HQ doesn't even have the boost. I would hope there is some compensation for the people who are losing sectors b/c of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maybe we don't understand each other, so i will try to make it as clear as possible.

The issue isn't support FACTOR, which is working as advertised.
Issue is TOTAL SUPPORT POOL which is now roughly 5x less, even though the guild is at the same level with the same def. great buildings present.

So the pool was either wrong before the update or it is wrong now. In any case, it alters certain aspects substantially. As leeroy stated, guilds are losing land for which they've spent thousands of goods and thought can protect. At least they deserve a REASONING behind such change if planned (announcement wouldn't hurt either but too late for that), or a fix if it was not!?

Thank you.

DeletedUser

thank you subagenda. I have been doing a million things at once and probably didn't explain it well.

DeletedUser96867

A couple days ago our defense in IndA went from a 75% HQ, 4x50% sectors and 1x4% sector to when i looked today we now only have a 49% boost in the HQ and nothing else. The majority of guilds don't have any defense boost outside their HQ in the higher ages. It's to the point that the defense GB's are useless in gvg unless you only plan on trying to defend 1 or 2 sectors.

Is this a bug, is this a correction, has there been a calculation change? This is frustrating as we stopped taking sectors when we ran out of the boost, knowing what we know now we may as well stopped at 1, or taken as many as we could in preparation for losing a bunch of sectors to a high boosted player autobattling through 80 defenders in an hour. Yet another step in the wrong direction in trying to make gvg functional for most players.

DeletedUser7719

Oooohhh, so there was a change on Tuesday which changed everything? A little announcement saying that this "Support Factor" is fully functional would of been the answer to our current problem now ;)

Amy Steele

General
byeordie is correct as usual - See the Countess's post in GVG Defense boost reduced by 4/5ths which explains that until the update on Tuesday 25th the guild's Offensive GBs were erroneously being taken into account when calculating the support pool. See also the paragraph 'Support Pool' in the Guild versus Guild Guide - Sectors for how the Support Pool is calculated.

EDIT: In fact this was a bug prior to the update on the 25th, but now is not! :D

Last edited:

DeletedUser

so we were also correct that no one was informed of this change beforehand? Don't you think it would have been fair to alert us to this so we weren't making plans based on a bug that noone told us was a bug? A day warning at least would have made sense

DeletedUser96867

Seems this miscalculation was a bug since mid october, and that it was just realized earlier this week.