• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Summer event discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser

You can see that by hovering your mouse over the item in the wheel ;)

DeletedUser

I have to admit that aside from the 50 diamond packages, nothing else looks exciting.

Easter event had Wishing Wells, Rogue Hideouts and Watchtowers.

So far I've seen most of the rewards break down into two camps - rubbish and premium.

Gold & Supplies are available just by playing the game. Free regular buildings are also available just by playing. Blueprints are random and another ticket is pointless. The free unit is ok if you don't have any already but will probably be useful for defense only as unattached units are targeted first by AI.

As regards the premium items, the portraits are nice but really you should be able to get whichever one you want. The premium building is nice but doesn't make a massive difference and will become obsolete with later ages. Decorations and Sandcastle are ok - if they level up with your city then great, if not then they will just become obsolete. Diamond packages are great.

In short, I'm disappointed in the quality of the rewards from the Summer event when compared to the Easter event.

DeletedUser

It's random, not a game of reaction or anything. Also - and I know some people are not gonna believe me but whatever - the wheel is not rigged.

Regards,

Anwar

I believe it's random :cool:
There's a bug which has already been reported: the blueprints are awarded BEFORE the wheel stops (in both cases, whether you choose to stop it or not). If rewards are assigned BEFORE the wheel stops, i.e. in the instant we spin it, they gotta be random by definition.

DeletedUser

useful for defense only as unattached units are targeted first by AI.

I'm always amazed by people's ability to know the code better than me - and they do it without even being able to look at the code. Man, the things I'd do with that ability....

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

I have only had my own experiences to go by regarding AI behaviour - in each case the unattached unit (which was usually the same as all 7 of the other attached units) was attacked first. Usually it was long ranged units (breech loaders etc) and I would try to protect the unattached unit by keeping it at the back - I still found enemy units would target it first rather than closer and more vulnerable identical units.

Clearly I was wrong in my understanding of AI targeting unattached units first so thank you for the correction.

It doesn't alter my opinion of the quality of the rewards in comparison to the Easter event however.

DeletedUser15372

i dont mind no free spins but what sucks is when you have to scout a province or two especially if you are very far ahead in the map and are waiting to get better troops that could take a while. There should be an option allowing you to skip the quest.

DeletedUser

From what I know, unattached units are treated as ordinary units by the AI. I've used unattached units in many battles and the AI has never "specially" targeted an unattached unit. However, the AI always targets rogues first (untill they transform), even in situations where its not necessary, which is slightly dumb :(

DeletedUser

It doesn't alter my opinion of the quality of the rewards in comparison to the Easter event however.

Seeing as all Easter event buildings (and units, avatars) are available on the wheel, I can't really agree with that analysis. But hey, I'm not gonna go to your home and force you to participate. :)

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

There are many rewards which probably haven't come up yet although we have had 6 wheel resets already.

Rewards I've seen being in Progressive Age:

Bettie (portrait)
Bruce (portrait)
Frosty (portrait)
Josephine (portrait)
Nutcracker (decoration)
Sandcastle (cultural 3x3)
Palm Tree (decoration)
Watchfire
The King (1 pop, 24hr res building)
Medium Forge Point Package
Event Trophy
Small Coin Package (15k)
Large Coin Package (30k)
Small Supplies Package (15k)
Large Supplies Package (30k)
Small Diamond Package (50 Diamonds)
Large Diamond Package (200 Diamonds)
Ticket
Double Ticket (Two as one reward)
Blueprint
Double Blueprint (Two as one reward)
Residential Building (High-Rise)
Production Building (Lamp Factory)
Artillery Unit (1 Free Rapid Fire Cannon)
Rogue (1 Free Rogue unit)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If anyone happens to know the stats of the new buildings in any age and old buildings in the progressive era, feel free to let me know :P

DeletedUser

Anwar - I enjoy this game, if it seems that I'm being critical, it is simply to improve the game. I wouldn't waste my time commenting on a game if I didn't feel that community feedback was listened to. You have a great customer support system and the direction the game took after your Feedback Questionnaire showed that feedback is listened to.

After the Easter event (which I thought was great), I was looking forward to the Summer event. I'm participating in it but finding the rewards so far are lacklustre. The new Chateau Frontenac has an interesting new ability for a GB and I gather Alcatraz does too. If the 'best' rewards from the wheel are just items from Easter/Christmas then I'll be disappointed as I was hoping you'd once again come up with an innovative idea for a building as you did with the Wishing Well for Easter.

DeletedUser6461

i just got a 200 diamonds pack, a 50 diamond pack, three unattached PE military units, a rogue-hide-out and a palm tree (without spending any diamond :cool: )
believe me, the event is gonna rock :)

DeletedUser

The thing is "best" is subjective. To some people, "best" would be a new portrait.

Amy Steele

General
So far I have won... (Across 2 worlds) 2 BPs, 1 Palm Tree, 1 Confectionery, 10k Coin, 1 Pavilion with Flowers, 1 Tree of Love and 200 Diamonds!! :D

Now stuck on both worlds I play on for lack of a province to scout until I have acquired the provinces I am in :(

Oh well! Good thing it's a 3 week event lol

Thanks Inno - thoroughly enjoying it so far :D

EDIT: Oh - I also won two free tickets with my first (free!) ticket on one world - that's how I got so many prizes before getting stuck on the scouting quest ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The thing is "best" is subjective. To some people, "best" would be a new portrait.

That's completely true. And it's in fact the direction we are trying to go - forge should offer something to everyone. As such there will always be options or developments that don't suit everyone's style of playing the game. Take the old event items for example - judging by the feedback we are receiving new players really love the chance to get their hands on those - and for the old hands (whose presence in the game we do appreciate, naturally) we have just released a new era to play in.

BTW: I do appreciate feedback, even of the negative kind - I just take the liberty to bust some myths if I see them floating around. I can say quite frankly that we never try to con the players, be it with hidden costs or exploitative AI behaviour or whatever.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

Any clues as to how many quests there are in this quest line?

Also, I was so excited to see a Rogue Hideout in my neighborhood's first wheel, but then someone who has quit playing in my world (deleted all his buildings and put only roads) refreshed it :(. But thank you very much for putting old prizes in, it lets us new players enjoy the game more :)

DeletedUser17220

I believe it's random :cool:
There's a bug which has already been reported: the blueprints are awarded BEFORE the wheel stops (in both cases, whether you choose to stop it or not). If rewards are assigned BEFORE the wheel stops, i.e. in the instant we spin it, they gotta be random by definition.

it makes sense for a browser game. you cannot alter the result by clicking the stop button. otherwise other players should not be allowed to spin the wheel as long as one player in the neighbor hasn't got his or her reward. and that must be unacceptable for this game.

DeletedUser6461

Any clues as to how many quests there are in this quest line?

Also, I was so excited to see a Rogue Hideout in my neighborhood's first wheel, but then someone who has quit playing in my world (deleted all his buildings and put only roads) refreshed it :(. But thank you very much for putting old prizes in, it lets us new players enjoy the game more :)

This is your clue:
At least 25.

no, I'm not telling what I mean by that.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser5514

A player (4th rank in Dinegu) in my hood got 200 diamonds twice in a row... another guy (1st rank in Dinegu) in my hood got 200 diamonds once. I got small supplies package twice in a row (i really needed those to add up into my 17.000.000+ stock) until i finally got 50 diamonds.