• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Not a Bug: Suicide Attacks Quest does not see increase in happiness caused by deletion of houses

DeletedUser653

• World: EN2
  • Browser and Version: Crome Version 36.0.1985.143 m
  • Overview of the bug: Quest asks for you to gain 2000 happiness. Reducing population is not taken into account
  • Screenshots: not required
  • How often this occurs: all the time, refreshed and tried deleting another bungalow still no credit for happiness. 3 bungaslows wasted so far.
  • Urgency: low
  • Preventative Actions: none, its a quest you cannot abort
  • Summary: Quest asks for you to gain 2000 happiness. So I delete 2 bungalows to reduce population and thus gain 2x1150 (2300) happiness. but quest does not see this increase in happiness therefore unable to complete quest. Refreshed browser, then even logged out and back in. I then deleted another bungalow and still no happiness credited to quest. Therefore this is a bug
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: YES, searched for name of quest
  • Have you tried fixing it by using methods listed in the thread pinned to the top of this forum:
Yes, refreshed, logged out, cleared cache

System data:
1.33.25644 (20.08.2014 14:46), vfrmark (40674), en2, en_US, WIN 14,0,0,177, Windows 7, Chrome/36.0.1985.143, 1680x913, Legacy

DeletedUser7719

Houses affects the demand for happiness while all gain happiness quests ask for an increase in provided happiness (well, it never states it specifically, but that's how the objective works). Since houses aren't affected, I would assume selling a Junkyard won't affect it either

DeletedUser653

Hi byordie
The wording on the quest is very clear "Gain 2000 happiness". I look at what happiness I had and it was 1000, I delete 2 bungalows and it increases to 3300. I have gained more than 2000 happiness so all should be good.
If the quest means gain 2000 happiness but will only accept building happy buildings it should say that but on this quest there is no help "?" or anything else. So it remains a bug. Whats debatable is what the bug is and it should either give credit for the deletion of houses or the quest should be reworded. Either way theres a bug.
Already building a excess happy building to overcome this but it does need a fix.

Amy Steele

General
With these types of quests, happiness 'gained' by reducing population is not counted, only happiness gained by building cultural buildings and decorations will count towards the quest. If you have gained 2000 happiness in this way and the quest still does not complete, please submit a ticket to support so we can look into this for you.

DeletedUser1081

I understand how these quests work but I agree with HRC that they should be worded differently. The way they're currently worded it should count if we get our happiness raised by polishing, which doesn't work; on the other side of the coin, eliminating existing cultural structures and rebuilding them does fulfill these quests, even though there's no net gain. They should just state plainly that we're to build happiness-providing structures worth X happiness.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser97018

so that trick with deleting the road doesn't work here?
noooo... :(

Amy Steele

General
Sorry - yes - happiness gained from roads does of course count. I have not tried these types of quests with any of the newer buildings that add happiness in addition to other functions so I cannot say if they would also work but I see no reason why they would not.

DeletedUser653

So from the last few conversations we have established that there is a problem. The wording of the quest is very poor and and there is a complete misunderstanding (read: we do not really understand) about what buildings will contribute towards this quest.
This only goes to show we have a problem and that it needs to be resolved. Lets be honest I do not care about the 500k resources lost but I do care about the game and any ambiguous messages. please decid3e what the issue is and propose a solution - thanks

Andrew420

Major
These types of quests ask to increase happiness (the provided happiness)
Not to decrease the demand for happiness
two different things
When you delete a house you decrease the demand for happiness it doesn't increase the total happiness your town has
You can only do that by building cultural or decos
Deleting happy buildings wont work either unless you build it after you accept quest
Most of these happy quests let you build/delete until you reach your goal
Doesn't seem that hard to understand

DeletedUser1081

When you delete a house you decrease the demand for happiness it doesn't increase the total happiness your town has
You can only do that by building cultural or decos
Deleting happy buildings wont work either unless you build it after you accept quest
Most of these happy quests let you build/delete until you reach your goal
Doesn't seem that hard to understand

Doesn't seem that hard to say "build happiness-providing structures that provide X happiness" either, does it, since that's what they mean.

These quests are not hard to understand after someone's explained to you how they work, but as you see even a longterm moderator isn't all the way sure which structures count toward such quests; lots of people didn't know you can delete and rebuild stuff to fulfill them; and there are miles of players all the time who think getting a cultural building polished will count in these quests (it works for "make your population enthusiastic" quests so why not these?!).

The point is that if Inno worded the quests more clearly the mods wouldn't have to answer tickets all the time explaining what they really mean. (I know mods end up doing that because I used to be one.)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15526

agreed i never took the "Gain" part to mean nothing but produce more of.

thankfully forge lets you build and deletie decos to do these quest, so building and deleting 50 obelisks, and only requiring a free 1 x 1 tile to do these quests is easy enough

DeletedUser653

agreed i never took the "Gain" part to mean nothing but produce more of.

thankfully forge lets you build and deletie decos to do these quest, so building and deleting 50 obelisks, and only requiring a free 1 x 1 tile to do these quests is easy enough

errr... 50 obelisks will give me 2000 increased happiness??

The point is the quest is badly worded it does cause confusion even looking at this thread we have players say roads count and ones say no they don not. we state can delete happy buildings and rebuild and then say no you cannot. if with 10 posts we have this much confusion we have proved that we have a problem. And god help a new player understand!!

DeletedUser15526

100+ obelisks will give you enough happiness for 2k, granted its not ideal, but its a cheap way of getting out of majar ovehauls of city for 1 quest.

in my opinion anything you add into your city that actually increases your total amount of happiness should work, be it a road or a toy factory.

alot of this game is confusing to new players, but theres always someone willing to help on global chat or via guildmates, all people gotta do is ask,lol

Andrew420

Major
In regards to wording of this game
I am not sure how this all gets translated into English (game not the forum)
Maybe the devs do it or they hire team of translators or its a program
Point being something definitely gets lost in the translation

Last edited:

DeletedUser15432

The happiness quests actually state "gain x happiness", which means that you need to add the additional happiness to your current total, what is not explained is the fact that you can delete current happiness to make room for the additional happiness or that the happiness gained can be incremental and accrues over the period of the quest

Better wording would make this easier as follows

"Gain x happiness by either building more decorations/cultural buildings or roads, you can delete current building to make room for them and the total does not decrease by the amount of deleted happiness"

DeletedUser1081

Better wording would make this easier as follows
"Gain x happiness by either building more decorations/cultural buildings or roads, you can delete current building to make room for them and the total does not decrease by the amount of deleted happiness"

... Even better would be simply "build happiness-providing structures worth X happiness (and allow the construction to complete)".

DeletedUser7719

Probably would be better under the hint, but I guess it would be better having it somewhere than nowhere at all ;)

DeletedUser653

I tend to agree with the last 2 posts, have a description that says :
"build & construct happiness-providing structures worth 2000 happiness"

and then explain in the hint
"build more decorations/cultural buildings or roads to gain extra happiness, if you delete current 'happiness' buildings to make room for them the total happiness to be gained does not increase by the amount of the deleted happiness structures"

So Bug is finally agreed, solution is to reword the quest - how do we make this happen now?