• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Subscription world with no outside currency added in.

Emberguard

Legend
As in pay per month and no extra currency aside from subscription able to be bought? Interesting idea but I highly doubt it'll happen

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
What would we get in return for the subscription? Unlimited or limited supply of daily FPS, Diamonds, a different approach to the game, what you would expect to have from the subscriptions? answers on a postcard please :)

In all fairness to INNO - just how much should the subscription service cost to offset diamonds - they surely get megs of diamonds spent in just one world with over 80,000 people in it.

In other words - It Won't Happen.

Emberguard

Legend
In all fairness to INNO - just how much should the subscription service cost to offset diamonds - they surely get megs of diamonds spent in just one world with over 80,000 people in it.

In other words - It Won't Happen.
except it’s not going to be 80,000 paying is it? And of those that do pay you’ll have a split between large soenders and tiny amount spenders.

The biggest concern I’d have for a subscription world is
(1) how many players would actually sign up to it? If you’re subscribing and you stop paying is your world deleted or do you just stop having access to it? Would there actually be enough players in a subscription world to populate the game sufficiently for hood rotations and a healthy goods economy?

(2) what would be the price? Given you’d be shifting from x% to 100% of players paying you wouldn’t need everyone to pay crazy amounts -BUT- that’s assuming you get enough players in to justify having that world.

And that also brings up another concern. Would players that subscribe be ones that would want to buy diamonds or ones trying to seperate themselves from big spenders? Because if it’s a player that would spend for extra buildings then a subscription service that won’t allow extra expenditure may actually stop them from signing up if they feel the diamond amount is too small for what they “need”. But a large subscription amount isn’t going to have a lot of takers either.

DeletedUser

No donations ?
What would we get in return for the subscription? Unlimited or limited supply of daily FPS, Diamonds, a different approach to the game, what you would expect to have from the subscriptions? answers on a postcard please :)
The chance to play in a world without donators :D
@Emberguard in my oppinion such servers - worlds dont exist because this is where RMT is created.
And ofcurse if you remove all those people that dont spend a lot of money for Donation Coins (Diamonds in our Case) who will be the loser in the game of donators ? You will lose your main worlds this way so its anti marketing in a way

DeletedUser113278

what you get is the greatest thing of all possible... an equal playing field... honestly I think it’s be a smash hit with many players.

DeletedUser113278

Oh yeah, also the subscription world would need its own separate diamond pool. Otherwise you could just get diamonds from any other world :lol:
Yeah, totally cut off from other worlds. Personally I think INNO would be surprised how many people would actually sign up to such a game.

DeletedUser

what you get is the greatest thing of all possible... an equal playing field... honestly I think it’s be a smash hit with many players.
It wont be equal, there will still be people selling FP's and accounts since they will be harder to get ...
It only depents on how much money the owners of the Game want to spend on such projects.
IMPO FoE has the numbers (of the Fans) to go for such a project.
Not to mention that this will attract some other players that already quited.
They could also make a pole, let the people that will play in this world, vote for what they want in it.
They want GBG ? if yes after how many years from the time ?
You know like a pre ordered timeline of updates.
I have seen it happening with other games and it was very successfull (both for the gamers and the company)
There was a donation shop though, they could sell avatars or something , this can be decided through a pole anyway

DeletedUser113278

It wont be equal, there will still be people selling FP's and accounts since they will be harder to get ...
It only depents on how much money the owners of the Game want to spend on such projects.
IMPO FoE has the numbers (of the Fans) to go for such a project.
Not to mention that this will attract some other players that already quited.
They could also make a pole, let the people that will play in this world, vote for what they want in it.
They want GBG ? if yes after how many years from the time ?
You know like a pre ordered timeline of updates.
I have seen it happening with other games and it was very successfull (both for the gamers and the company)
There was a donation shop though, they could sell avatars or something , this can be decided through a pole anyway

Nothing’s perfect.

But the fact they already got most of the content (would need to change some stuff obviously)... probably wouldn’t take too much work to try it (dunno though haha as I don’t know anything abouts what’s involved.

Anyways, just a thought.

DeletedUser

@English Bond I don't agree with <<ingame-items donations>> but somehow they must pay the rent.
Anyway you need a huge support of your Fans for such projects and sometimes, when you create something really good on the market other problems appear.

DeletedUser113278

@English Bond I don't agree with <<ingame-items donations>> but somehow they must pay the rent.
Anyway you need a huge support of your Fans for such projects and sometimes, when you create something really good on the market other problems appear.

Yeah no worries, I can dream.
Hopefully I still got my marbles up top when I hit the grey hair years (if I make it) and that technology has advanced enough to make all these things possible.

Agent327

Overlord
There used to be a subscription world. It was on Beta. Subscription was free. Now it has outside currency, so they tried it and must not have liked it.

That must answer your question and kill your dream.

And how would Events play out/work!

What he's asking for is a world where No Diamonds can be used - Not for Events, Not for special Bldgs, Nothing!

So then - There would be different subscription Levels - And Low and Behold - you would have the same conditions he wants to eliminate - those with money (a higher subscription level) have an advantage over those with a lower subscription level - Again - It may work - but - It won't achieve what he wants - a level playing field.

In order to have a level playing field, Only one subscription level, Events without diamonds, No premium Bldgs, and so on.

DeletedUser

In order to have a level playing field, Only one subscription level, Events without diamonds, No premium Bldgs, and so on.
Thats true,
Companies that support such projects, let people buy for non Ingame Items (buildings - FP packs in our case)
and use Volluntary Donations, like Avatars and other Things that do not affect the game.
You wont be able to avoid the Pay2Win in no case, there will always be people that will sell things for money ...

Reasons that companies dont like such projects are :
1) The cost of the team that blocks the RMT is high
2) Corruption makes Orgies
3) The Fans support needed is huge
4) Its aggressive marketing which attracts DDOS and other stuff

there are also very good reasons to do such projects but i think the 4 i described explain enough