• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1081

You can get stone resources through quest/conquering part of map.

we don't all get the same resources by conquering provinces. you got stone? i got dye and marble. someone else got grapes and wood.

and yes, logging on every 8 hours is indeed exaggerating. people have various things going on during their days (and nights), and not all of them can easily be interrupted every 8 hours to collect goods and restart production. sometimes it's doable, but not every day.

DeletedUser1438

I built 3 stone plants and was unstuck in a day, i was probably stuck first and it took me a day to figure that out, meanwhile i set the other stuff for 4 hours at a time, except for tile houses which built up to 15000 coins and i only cash out when i have the time

DeletedUser

sure, but there are reasonable advantages and unreasonable ones. i think some of the advantages this game offers for clicking non-stop are reasonable, and others aren't. the production of goods is so slow anyway - there shouldn't be such a major drop-off after 8 hours. and the tile-roof-housing penalty is pretty brutal too for anyone who can't check in every 15 minutes.

the "penalties" are just very uneven. i reckon they'll get it balanced right at some point, but for that to happen we have to point out to them that it needs adjusting. that's our duty as beta-players. :cool:

eek! what's this penalty??

DeletedUser1081

by "penalty" i mean: you need the added population, so you build tile-roof houses. as long as you're on line every 15 minutes to collect the 18-21 coins from them it's not so bad. but if you can't manage that, it's only 18-21 for whatever time goes by before you can get on line (an hour, four hours, a day) and that's a major loss compared with the houses that have a one-hour or four-hour collection period.

if i had a choice of houses with the same population, i wouldn't see anything to complain about even if the return were a bit lower for longer terms. but when i don't have any choice, it's a real bite.

DeletedUser

Ahh makes sense now, what came to my mind was that silly fish icon when supplies spoil :p. Anyways I totally agree with logging in every 8 hours being kinda hard to do for people with active/demanding RL, in which case the 24 hr cycle would prove to be the most feasible as you can only surpass its production by harvesting and resuming production within around a span of 16 hrs...

DeletedUser

The active players should be grouped resorted into active groups maybe once a week that would help ensure that the trading activities is of a decent level. With 80 active played trading would work fine. This issues is that most played and registering and then not playing. Hence my group that have 5 semi active players. The game will loose interest fast if there is not competition & trading.

Also i won a PVP tower great i get 10 medals and an expansion slot. To get the next expansion slot i now need 50 medals. Thats to much i am no longer interest in winning the PVP tower as will need 5 win to get any reward. This needs looking at.

DeletedUser

The active players should be grouped resorted into active groups maybe once a week that would help ensure that the trading activities is of a decent level. With 80 active played trading would work fine. This issues is that most played and registering and then not playing. Hence my group that have 5 semi active players. The game will loose interest fast if there is not competition & trading.

Also i won a PVP tower great i get 10 medals and an expansion slot. To get the next expansion slot i now need 50 medals. Thats to much i am no longer interest in winning the PVP tower as will need 5 win to get any reward. This needs looking at.

Shuffling the players would not work I'm afraid. You'd get some neighborhoods that are incredibly active and sail through the game, and other groups that die on the vine. In the middle will be players that want to play frequently but get frustrated because they cannot move forward and so they just drop out or fade away between shuffles. If everyone gets shuffled you will have players angry because they were moved out of an active group into one less active, destroying their connections to trading partners and any rivalries/friendships they might be developing.

Alternatively they could prune the inactive players aggressively. I'd suggest a growth based system with, perhaps, a 'vacation' option. Just to pull some numbers out of thin air lets say this:

>2000 points = 3 days
2000-10000 points= 5 days
10000-50000 points= 7 week
50000-100000 points= 10 days
et cetera

This is simplistic as hell, and uses only points as a model. The devs could, if they chose, use some other metric like number of times logged in or click count or any other sign of activity that they choose to monitor. Additionally it would be a nice idea to have players moved to an 'inactive' file where they are removed from their neighborhood after a given period of inactivity but their kingdom is saved. If they return later they are assigned to a new neighborhood. The possible exploit on that would be a savvy player could open an account and play for 5 days then let it go idle. When they return it's likely that they will be assigned to a kingdom of newbies, and thus have as much as a five day head start on them. Unless some mechanism is devised that matches returning players to neighborhoods with a similiar level of development this would certainly be abused.

DeletedUser

I'm also stuck and, indeed, this really stinks. I was stuck where you are now, but let me tell you, for Processions you need 24 Dye. For those of you who have the required deposit you may already started the production for Dye. For others, like me, this is a killer. You can't know ahead so you can plan. And the trading isn't really working in my group either. Right now they are 2 offers (besides mine) on the market and they need same stuffs that I need. They both offers Marble, that I have and produce. Sometimes trades works just a little bit but most of the time, like now it's just plain stupid.
They say they will fix this but... The devs should have thought about this in advance. Out of 80 players only some will be active and only just a few will get at the "same time" to produce goods. Also the deposits are suppose to be random, and they are I think, but not that random after all. In my group the first 20 players are making basically the same stuff. Only 3 or 4 of goods.
What needs to be done, in my opinion:
- randomize the deposits "even better". Even if is not that random there should be an algorithm that doesn't allow more than x players in the group to have the same raw material.
- randomize the "masons" in the research tree. I think it is more interesting if this would be random. Anyone could produce any good at a specific time (when they are able to make masons).
- randomize even the required good, for the regions, and for research tree. Ie. Procession could have require 24 Lumber instead of Dye. Or a better idea, is to remove required goods from the research tree altogether and leave it only for negotiations.
- and the most important make a global trading system like you said you would (I think). In the meanwhile reduce the merchant ratio, from 10 to 3 at least how other said. If you see and know that the trading system isn't working right now (in Arvahall at least) at least give a lower ratio. But this is a Beta, so....

DeletedUser

You know there's nothing stopping you from building more than one goods building of the same type. I needed a lot of stone on exclusive preview and at best I had 6 stone masons churning away. Also another point is that since it is known what goods will be needed for future researches, it is very easy to plan ahead. You really can't rely on others to put offers suitable to you on the market.

DeletedUser1081

You know there's nothing stopping you from building more than one goods building of the same type. I needed a lot of stone on exclusive preview and at best I had 6 stone masons churning away.

... did each stone mason require 230 population in the "exclusive preview, and take up a 4x4 space?
people need to produce supplies as well, not just goods, and it all takes a lot of space and population.
and trading is supposed to be a viable source of goods in this game. they're working on fixing it.

DeletedUser

... did each stone mason require 230 population in the "exclusive preview, and take up a 4x4 space?
people need to produce supplies as well, not just goods, and it all takes a lot of space and population.
and trading is supposed to be a viable source of goods in this game. they're working on fixing it.

No, they required 108 population each, just like in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nyxx, I have only 7 available population atm. For me to make even one Dye mason now, I have to delete (sell) something like military buildings or other mason. In which case I have to rebuild them at some point. No thanks, I had enough of that.
Without a game manual or something I, only yesterday, find out that you can see ahead in the research tree for the necessary for the unlocks. It may be stupid to you but I didn't know that hovering over the cancel button show you what you need. But now I now, I can plan ahead. Silly me.

DeletedUser1081

No, they required 108 population each, just like in here.

all right, sorry, yes: the stone masons only require 108 population. what i'm stuck on are goods that require 230 population and building 4 or more, plus the supply-buildings to generate tools for them, just isn't possible.

trading is supposed to be a functional part of the game, and the way people are struggling without it isn't what the developers had in mind.

DeletedUser

Why would you want to trade 10 popular resources which takes 8 hours to produce for 1 rare which takes 4 hours to produce? Rate stinks.

DeletedUser

I'm just new but that situation Zhaston and most other advanced players probably are in just doesn't make sense, why can't people from the same server trade with each other?

coz theres not enough active and where there not kicking inactive players so the game produce say another server also say for stone its not a regular resource that is being produced by the few active players

im stuck on Architecture and that is really the progressing reaserch coz without that theres no alternitave routes iv unlocked everything around it that can be but carnt go no futher now im starting to think the game was made like this to pull peoples money in hence why its "so hard" to kick inactive players so it makes people pay for diamonds to unlouck the percific reaserch or its "so hard" to change the reaserch layout or even jus cost off unlocking reaserch i do think its cool but on certain deadend reaserchs on main progressing reaserchs it ridiculous like the 600 diamonds to unlock towerblock but atleast it carnt stop progress

im on top spot iv lost over 14 forge points and more to be continued and no chance off progress

i suggest sorting it out soon or this game will lose people to settlers online which is a shame :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

coz theres not enough active and where there not kicking inactive players so the game produce say another server also say for stone its not a regular resource that is being produced by the few active players

im stuck on Architecture and that is really the progressing reaserch coz without that theres no alternitave routes iv unlocked everything around it that can be but carnt go no futher now im starting to think the game was made like this to pull peoples money in hence why its "so hard" to kick inactive players so it makes people pay for diamonds to unlouck the percific reaserch or its "so hard" to change the reaserch layout or even jus cost off unlocking reaserch i do think its cool but on certain deadend reaserchs on main progressing reaserchs it ridiculous like the 600 diamonds to unlock towerblock but atleast it carnt stop progress

im on top spot iv lost over 14 forge points and more to be continued and no chance off progress

i suggest sorting it out soon or this game will lose people to settlers online which is a shame :(

are you in Arvahall server? Because in Brisgard we have a sort of phenomenon where one could take it that newbies are being dumped into one group, which was the group that I joined in. I mean it's growing by around 1k everyday and the top 80 list is very dynamic - by that I mean if you're in the 70-80's you wake up tomorrow you may already be out of it... trade is going fine there now, I just recently unlocked Architecture thanks to some groupmate... and the pvp tower is tough to win, yesterday I was able to get to 19th spot when I logged in 18 hours later I'm back to 50's...

DeletedUser

are you in Arvahall server? Because in Brisgard we have a sort of phenomenon where one could take it that newbies are being dumped into one group, which was the group that I joined in. I mean it's growing by around 1k everyday and the top 80 list is very dynamic - by that I mean if you're in the 70-80's you wake up tomorrow you may already be out of it... trade is going fine there now, I just recently unlocked Architecture thanks to some groupmate... and the pvp tower is tough to win, yesterday I was able to get to 19th spot when I logged in 18 hours later I'm back to 50's...

It appears they are using that server as a testing server for whatever reason even though they have a separate one last I checked so not sure why they are screwing with people in a live server like that.

Makes me glad I stayed on Arvahall.

DeletedUser17

We are aware of this issue. I play without premium and was stuck at the archer research for a while as well. We will soon sort out the problem of neighbourhoods being inactive in the near future. Then trading will be more useful and faster for everyone. Thank you for your patience.

DeletedUser1540

REALLY? ..... where?
I asked about restart in another thread and was told this option does not exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.