• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Well this kinda stinks. I played for a few days, and now can't do anything for a week or so. All my research trees are stuck in need of a resource, so I just have 10/10 and can't research for this week while I wait (if I do and don't just quit). The basic problem here is a lack of trade in the beta.

Just to lay it out:
I can't complete Architecture cause I need 15 stone. I don't have a stone resource, so at 1 per 4 hrs, there's a day there's 60 hrs if I never missed a second of making them.
I can't complete Militia, but will have this one sooner.
I can't complete Agriculture cause it takes a whopping 30 lumber and I have no trees. That's 120 hrs if I never miss a second of making them, which means 5 days minimum.
I can't research Processions or Processing without Architecture, and therefore can't do cottage or archery or anything later in the tree either.
Research is stuck waiting on resources.

As for trade, there isn't any really. The trade merchant can trade my marble (which I do have a resource for), but it takes 10:1, so I'd have to trade 300 marble to get that 30 lumber and another 150 marble to get the 15 stone. Making 450 marble will use most all of my 500 marble resource, and still take 360 hrs (15 days). 10:1 stinks! and besides, there's only 1 listed on the market anyways and this is just assuming that another would be put up there if I bought that one.

I guess I could pay cash to continue playing by buying diamonds, but not gonna do that for a beta and where I might just get stuck again real soon.

I had a nice layout of a city going. Kinda liked it, but this just stinks.

DeletedUser

You can produce 5 stones per 4 hours, OP.
I don't have a stone resource, so I can only do 1 per 4 hrs. I have marble, but as shown above it'll take 450*4/5=360 hrs (15 days) to produce enough to trade into lumber and stone at a 10:1 ratio.

DeletedUser1294

I'm in both worlds and fortunately not near the researches which require stuff to unlock other than supplies and coins, but I am very close.
In my opinion the addition of all deposits of items and their factories/masons/works etc. is totally bad.
I probably won't ever get to Militia because I don't even have enough space in my city for the vineyards.

Cities are too small and the deposit/works idea is very bad.

DeletedUser

There is a restart option I think. You can restart fresh and new.

DeletedUser1081

i sympathize, zhaston - that sucks.
they've said they're working on fixing the trade situation
and i sure hope they do soon.

DeletedUser748

I'm in the same boat... - also stuck with having to produce 30 lumber which will take a whoppin' 10 days.. , same with the wine.. - I think the way production works should be somewhat modified and / or there should be resources added. It's no fun having to wait 10 days without really being able to do *anything*. I hope this will be changed.

DeletedUser

I'm just new but that situation Zhaston and most other advanced players probably are in just doesn't make sense, why can't people from the same server trade with each other?

DeletedUser

I'm in the same boat... - also stuck with having to produce 30 lumber which will take a whoppin' 10 days.. , same with the wine.. - I think the way production works should be somewhat modified and / or there should be resources added. It's no fun having to wait 10 days without really being able to do *anything*. I hope this will be changed.

Normal production of a resource is 1 every four hours. That totals 6 per day. Your lumber, barring any trades, should take only 5 days.

If you have a resource that gives 5 every four hours, maybe you could trade that for lumber, either with the Merchant or with another player.

DeletedUser1081

but the 10:1 merchants don't always accept what a given player has a surplus of, and lots of people are reporting that they're stranded in a group where no one is trading at all. i feel lucky to be in a group with 5 or 6 players who are communicating, trading, etc., but we're going to hit a production wall soon anyway, because there's just not enough variety in the stuff we can produce ample amounts of, as compared to the variety of stuff that the game is demanding.

10:1 is way too much for those NPC merchants. 3:1 would be reasonable.

and too many different goods are required - it's outlandish to expect us to build so many expensive production buildings and then to destroy them to build some different one to slog away producing just 6 pieces of whatever per day when we need 30 or more.

and there should be options in research and negotiations - pay 10 stone OR 10 marble, 5 ebony OR 5 jewels. and so on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well I guess the problem is that there isn't enough people at the level that need to trade yet. Perhaps the Merchant should have a sale and reduce the cost of his goods.
If anyone need stone or wine then let me know.

DeletedUser

there should be an option to raid and rob merchants, I mean if we can pillage villages, why not merchants? :p

DeletedUser1149

This has been gone over in so many threads!
Personally I think we need the player to player trading opened up to more than just your 80 neighbours. The 80 neighbours thing only works if they are actually active and most people seem to have about 6 - 10 of their 80 neighbours who are active

DeletedUser903

Normal production of a resource is 1 every four hours. That totals 6 per day. Your lumber, barring any trades, should take only 5 days.

If you have a resource that gives 5 every four hours, maybe you could trade that for lumber, either with the Merchant or with another player.

Unfortunately i have a life and i am not able to "check in" every 4 hours. I think the 1 day construction time should produce more. 4 hours produces 1 , yet 24hrs only produces 4. I personally need wine and jewellery to move on in Arvahall

DeletedUser

Isn't it normal that a player who do log in every hour or every 4 hours do have an advantage over those who logs in only once a day?

I always thought it was the whole idea of browser games, he who plays more wins more (premium users not included)

DeletedUser1081

Isn't it normal that a player who do log in every hour or every 4 hours do have an advantage over those who logs in only once a day?

sure, but there are reasonable advantages and unreasonable ones. i think some of the advantages this game offers for clicking non-stop are reasonable, and others aren't. the production of goods is so slow anyway - there shouldn't be such a major drop-off after 8 hours. and the tile-roof-housing penalty is pretty brutal too for anyone who can't check in every 15 minutes.

the "penalties" are just very uneven. i reckon they'll get it balanced right at some point, but for that to happen we have to point out to them that it needs adjusting. that's our duty as beta-players. :cool:

DeletedUser

I don't have a stone resource, so I can only do 1 per 4 hrs. I have marble, but as shown above it'll take 450*4/5=360 hrs (15 days) to produce enough to trade into lumber and stone at a 10:1 ratio.

You can get stone resources through quest/conquering part of map.

It seems I'm also stuck too. Producing 18 wines would take me 2 weeks as I don't have resources for wines. I haven't seen a quest that gives you resources to produce wine either.

I need 18 wines for research.

DeletedUser

You can get stone resources through quest/conquering part of map.

It seems I'm also stuck too. Producing 18 wines would take me 2 weeks as I don't have resources for wines. I haven't seen a quest that gives you resources to produce wine either.

I need 18 wines for research.
Good producing is 2 per 8 hours with no deposits, that makes it 3 days for your 18 wines, if you can login every 8 hours. I don't think logging in 3 times a day is exaggerating?

DeletedUser748

Good producing is 2 per 8 hours with no deposits, that makes it 3 days for your 18 wines, if you can login every 8 hours. I don't think logging in 3 times a day is exaggerating?

Well, there are some people who have to work for a living and who cannot log in during work. And getting up earlier just to log into a game and collect goods also seems to be a bit much. Being a wokring person I can log in once a day in the evening. Then I usually stay online for a while and can collect some money, resources and goods. And - hey - I stopped playing time killers like WoW and others and turned to browser games because I expected more "casual playing". If I *have* to be online just to get ahead I can just go on playing WoW or other games like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.