• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event St. Patrick's Day 2024 discussion

Philodus

Corporal
Why are you opening 4 chests? Either open the free one only and move on, or open all 6 and get the extra prize. Anything else is a waste of pots.

There were only ever 2 strategies for this event, do a lot of towns and don't open chests, or do few towns and never advance until you have 1400 pots and open all chests. But now that upgrades aren't in the chests at the end of the town, there's really only 1 viable strategy: do as many towns as you can, only open the free chest, and save all your pots for doing more towns.
Thanks for this strategy I made a gold league finish. Few players were shocked it happened without diamonds.

Philodus

Corporal
In the Fellowship Event the main Event Building was the Sunhaven Palace. This spawns Jesters Stage which gives Finish Special. For St. Patricks Event the Celtic Glassworks also provides Finish Special, but unfortunately there's no buildings to spawn Celtic Glassworks.

Use all the Finish Specials spawned via Jesters Stage on the Sunhaven Palace to create more Jesters Stage. Each Jesters Stage you get speeds up the process. For every 10 Jesters Stage in your city you'll have 1 Finish Special. For every 10 Finish Specials (roughly - it'll vary depending on the spawner) you should be able to obtain 1 Selection Kit for a main building if you can get a League Spawner

Note: You will need Self-Aid Kits for this. The Sunhaven Palace requires Aid to produce Fragments, as does the Jesters Stage. So 15 Lvl 1 Nutcrackers or 10 Lvl 2 Nutcrackers is crucial for Mass-Self Aid Kits, plus some source of singular Self-Aid kits

I'm aiming for 200 Jesters Stage. This will provide 20 Finish Specials per day. So as new Events are released and we gain new League Spawners, in theory if I can get into a League position with a spawner building, that'll allow me a fully leveled Event Building every 4-7 days depending on how many levels it needs

----
Edit: Just remembered I hadn't factored in Blue Galaxy for the Gold League spawner. Lol. With Blue Galaxy on the St. Patricks Apothecary from Gold League would provide an average of 26.52 fragments of the regular selection kit per production, or 15.6 without the Blue Galaxy bonus. 16 Blue Galaxy charges + 4 without the Blue Galaxy should yield about 486.72 fragments per day on a 200 Jester farm. 1,050 Fragments needed to reach Lvl 7 Celtic Tavern means you'd have a new Event building every 2.16 days if you use the Blue Galaxy.

You'd also have a collection of Silver and Gold Fragments during that time, but anything you're short by the Lvl 7 would be able to gather in its production cycle

If you're doing that same strategy on the Bronze League Apothecary then it increases to 6.7 days to create a Lvl 7 building and needing the Celtic Tavern to provide all the Silver and Gold Fragments
----

The most difficult part will be gaining new spawners from the Leagues. Ideally I'd like Gold League but that's difficult to get without setting up Diamond income, which you'd want to be setting up during those 2 years you're working on the Jesters Stage if you're going with that strategy. You'd also need to Age up during that time to increase the amount of Expansions available. I'm in Space Age Mars and the "farm" will take up half the city. By the time I'm in Titan that'll gain access to another 42(?) Expansions from what I have now and Quantum Incursions once introduced should also provide some more Expansions

In theory you could get it completed faster or aim for a smaller farm. 2 years is based on starting with just 1 Sunhaven Palace and aiming at 200 Jesters Stage. Completing 200 Jesters sooner would be dependent on how many alternate sources of Finish Special you're able to come across during that time, how many Sunhaven Palaces you started with, whether or not you had Trailside Smithy (Gold League building), how established the city was prior to starting and whether you remained focused in creating the Jester Stage farm or got distracted by other goals.
I found a city doing just that. Look! Looks like many thousands of diamonds spent, or maybe it's the finish specials?

It looks unproductive, he might be hoarding plenty of finish special productions for future events, but in order to use them he will have to tear down half of those buildings and waste his invested diamonds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240327_012236_Forge of Empires.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_012236_Forge of Empires.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 35

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I found a city doing just that. Look! Looks like many thousands of diamonds spent, or maybe it's the finish specials?

It looks unproductive, he might be hoarding plenty of finish special productions for future events, but in order to use them he will have to tear down half of those buildings and waste his invested diamonds.
Yeah wow, that's what Emberguard was saying with the farming of Jesters for finish specials. I think they only needed to get a gold pass in the Fellowship event for that and the rest has been spawned from there, was it Trailside Smithy that spawns Sunhavens? I didn't go for that one, and I already have 12 jester's stage from a limited source of 2 Sunhavens over the time since that event.

After the intial investment to get gold, that city is probably all spawned. either they bought the gold pass or spent a fair amount of diamonds, but probably less than you think. The 2 times I went for gold league I spent 2-3K in diamonds, but that's why I chose "hard" events that most people weren't doing well in the mini game to go for on the cheap (soccer event and halloween stumped a lot of people.)

But it looks like they missed the soccer/Aegean event entirely and I really thought that was the best one from 2023; Sunhavens and Jesters still need roads, but the Aegean resorts and feta farms do not. "Roads... where we're going we don't need roads."

Kind of sad really, the city has no character of oceanic or any other era, just a bunch of event spam. I guess that is most cities now.

Nidwin

Sergeant

From the screenshot you took it seems the player is at the moment working on level 2 nutcrackers guardhouses with the help of finish special building produced by the jesters. The player is now also independent for future eras BP's with fall event main building and his tarot caravans will provide finish all supplies. With 2 pyramids his troops are secured and the halloween labs will provide medals and the fall event supplies. The labs could/will provide monster boxes (store building kits) and the pyramids globes(up and reno kits).

It's a screenshot so no idea what that player wants to do, and his storage, but this could be highly productive.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
But it looks like they missed the soccer/Aegean event entirely and I really thought that was the best one from 2023; Sunhavens and Jesters still need roads, but the Aegean resorts and feta farms do not. "Roads... where we're going we don't need roads."

Yeah thats the one I feel like I dropped the ball not going for. The buildings are pretty decent balanced on boost stats and so many opportunities for zero roads with that one. Think it'll be classed as decent for a good few years.

I'm building up a lot of pyramids but each one I put down still feel it would have been better being an Aegean. Crazy thing was I was doing really well on that event and t would have taken next to nothing to finish in gold for me but I think I was sulking about something at the time. If Bougainvillea ever pops up again I won't be missing it.

Last edited: