• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Splitting/Joining Forge Points

• Thread starter DeletedUser7719
  • Start date

DeletedUser7719

We are talking about inventory, but you have given me a different idea now :p
(the shortest way I can put my new idea would be to add all the fp you currently have in your inventory, and that will be one big "package". When you click on the build/use icon, it'll ask you how much you will want to withdraw with two default options that would be 1 and 9, and a custom input, so you could withdraw anything from 1-10)

DeletedUser14782

+1 Very good idea it would save so much hassle in this busy life we live

DeletedUser1081

+1 for splitting FP packages or for eliminating 10FP packages altogether.
This combined with a nearby idea about making it easier to access our inventories would be very wonderful

Nilopertiso

Corporal
Well, I disagree with splitting on the basis that it would be alot easier to have a single FP package of all FPs combined, with the ability to use FPs from this big "pot" as opposed to having to always "activate" them into the bar first. In my case I have about 350 stored FPs though there will be some with even more.. I don't want to use them as 10 FPs until I get a new one for reasons stated, nor do I want to split them 5/5 and take twice as long to use them.
What I would want, however, is the ability to merge them into one big package and when researching tech, contributing to GBs etc have a separate option to "contribute from FP inventory" and specify an amount. Lets face it, there shouldn't be a limit on whether I want to use 1 FPs or all 350 FPs in one go.

If this isn't "possible" (note, "not possible" is different to "not got inclination to try and implement"), then splitting would be the only viable way to prevent loss of FPs on the 10 FP package, but why we need them in loads of different packages anyway baffles me. A single inventory pack would be fine, surely?

DeletedUser78372

We are talking about inventory, but you have given me a different idea now :p
(the shortest way I can put my new idea would be to add all the fp you currently have in your inventory, and that will be one big "package". When you click on the build/use icon, it'll ask you how much you will want to withdraw with two default options that would be 1 and 9, and a custom input, so you could withdraw anything from 1-10)

Not a big fan of the original idea, even less of a fan of this. it seems that the only reason you'd want to save some minutes on the FP counter is when you are pumping FP into a GB. I think this gives a small advantage to those who have finished their tech tree and massed up FP packs, who already have a great advantage because of their position.

DeletedUser13082

+1 from me.

I hate having to wait until my counter gives me a forge point and before I can use a 10 pack without affecting the counter too much. Also it should be an option in the forge point purchase screen to use one of the packages which we have. This would save having to go back to our own city multiple times when doing a large trade to somebodies great building. If this is already possible then somebody tell me how lol.

DeletedUser97579

Also it should be an option in the forge point purchase screen to use one of the packages which we have. This would save having to go back to our own city multiple times when doing a large trade to somebodies great building. If this is already possible then somebody tell me how lol.

Not currently, but there's an idea for it here

DeletedUser2989

I like the idea of being able to split/merge FP packs, it can be a real pain going in and out of the inventory to keep using your next 10 FP pack. I can also understand why people would want to split them down into smaller packs if they only want to use somewhere between 1-9 rather than the full pack.

+1, even though it might be tricky for the system to keep track of so many different FP packs.

DeletedUser99445

It's a good idea but I would rather be able to go to a GB or my Tech Tree and where I have the option to buy FP for coin or diamonds.....Have an option to use my Forge Point Packs and put them straight into the GB or apply them straight to me Tech Tree.
With that said I give this a Neutral.

DeletedUser101925

+1 for splitting FP packages or for eliminating 10FP packages altogether.
This combined with a nearby idea about making it easier to access our inventories would be very wonderful

Couldn't have said it better myself.

+1 from me to the idea of splitting 10 FP packages.

DeletedUser102085

+1 can we get this on the table please. I like the version of of this idea that says no more 10 point packs. Just 5 point and 2 point packs.

DeletedUser14394

+1 from me.. Great work Byeordie. Gathering every important suggestion from different players and making it all in a single thread.. Just now i find that this thread is dated longggggg ago. LoL..

I've another suggestion too. After the recent update, the FP timer will show up after you have used all your FPs. Why dont we suggest it to appear after we filled up 10FPs in FP bar using FP packages. So assume I've used FP package and filled up my bar from 0 to 10. So now timer shows up again, it'll be running until the deadline is reached. Before it reaches the deadline, you've to use your Fps in your bar so that it'll be added in your FP bar after the deadline reaches. If you didn't spend your FPs before the deadline is reached, it'll be resetted back to 0 and it'll start again only after you spend one or more FPs. But I'm not saying that timer should appear only when 10 FPs is in your bar, it should also appear when it reaches => max cap when you're collecting FPs from GBs. This would be really helpful for layers with >10 level of Cape Canerval, coz it'll always reset their timer even though they didn't collected purposely to reset the timer.

But this involves some complicated coding too. This suggested mechanism should not be implemented for normal FP additions.. i.e., 1 FP per hour. Otherwise, more or less the 10 FP cap will be increased to 11 FP indirectly. Assume I was offline for 10 hours, then my FP bar will be filled up and the timer will be started until I spend 1 or more FP OR until deadline is reached. This means if I enter the game between 10 - 11th hour, I would have the possibilty to use my 11th FP too even the cap is only 10 Fps. So this should not be implemented for normal FP additions.

This should only be implemented when the FP bar reaches its maximum or greater only by using FP packages and also when collecting FPs from GBs, Shrine, Town Hall. I know this is somewhat little complicated for Devs, but if they implement this, that is Great.

Btw about increasing the Cap to 11 FPs is really a bad idea. Suppose you've already 1 FP in your bar and if you used a 10 FP package, it'll again fill up your entire bar and the timer will be resetted again. So what will you do after this..? Have to complain it in forum again and start the issue or suggestion from the scratch..?

About splitting and combining FPs, that is an awesome idea, coz if i want to donate only 5 FP to a Gb and I've only 10 FP packages in my inventory, what should i do..? I've been forced to use the remaining 5 FP in any means even though I needed only 5 FPs. Also I would suggest to splitting of 10 FP package into 5x2 FP package, so it'll be really helpful if you want to spend only 1 - 3 Fps. Even if you have only 5 FP packages, you can combine it to 10 Fp package and splitt it back to 5x2 FP package.

The entire purpose is to solve the FP reset, so this is what strikes in my mind after little thinking. Splitting and Merging of FP packages is not have priority equal to FP reset timer issue, but it'll be useful if you intend to use only little amount of FP's from packages and saves up your time instead of clicking many times on 2 FP packages..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser102241

I think the better (and more simple) idea is to just do away with 10fp packages, and only use 5fp packages. Splitting & Joining sounds like it could get a bit complicated and confusing, especially for new players. But just getting rid of 10fp packages and using only 5fp packages addresses the primary issue with the least amount of effort.

David80

Private
+1 for having an inventory FP package that you can withdraw as much or as little as you want. Much simpler to operate and no concerns about FP timer resets.

DeletedUser99588

Not overly fussed but a simple solution would be to make the counter 11 instead of 10. I know that means we get to store an extra fp but would save a lot of time on coding and would mean 10fp packs wouldn't automatically reset clock.

That being said I think this kind of change should be a low priority in the list of things to be done.

DeletedUser19452

Why not do away with packages all together, and have a FP bank its much simpler, collect your FP's from the game goes straight into your FP Bank, then have to select how many FP's you want to give to a GB on a counter, this simplifies the whole system. not time consuming as the present system, and much simpler. and less clicking.

DeletedUser6065

-1 for the 5 point packages only. If you need large donations, 10 is hard enough.
Put in a 'Drop Down' that lets us choose an amount.
. . . mk