• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Show detailed progress of quests like Rinbin

DeletedUser103370

Proposal
Show the remaining needs for quests in detail.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Apparently there is one already. https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/quests-more-details.30631/

Reason
It'd be more helpful to know what exactly you're missing in a given quest.

Details
In many quests like Rinbin, you only have a progress bar, for example showing how many goods you still need to collect. But you don't have an idea what you have already collected, and what's missing. It would be better to show for example a grayed out thumbnail for the goods, and the ones already done could be colored, or maybe marked with a check sign. Hovering the mouse could show the name and age.

Visual Aids
tRdtBEQ.png

Balance

See the progress of quests in details.

Abuse Prevention
N/A.

Summary
I don't know how many quests are affected at the moment, but I run into these from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

Yes....good idea....+1.....
shakes head
Sorry Rinbin but, if the player does that quest then you are not the sole mad man :P

DeletedUser103370

That's sad. And what's the excuse? It makes the game "more interesting" to not know what to do? :DD
Oh wait! That's strategy!!

Hell I even saw a cynical comment from a guy, saying that how we lost the ability to use a pencil and a paper... What can I say, idiotic? Hmm. You can use notepad too, that's not the point.
Think about the two sides of the coin, there are these short, dead easy and straightforward quests and game features (which makes out 90% of the game), ie. scout a sector, then you get a hidden reward right?
Next time I get Rinbin, which not only can take weeks to complete, depending on how quickly can you acquire all those goods, but you must run a separate notepad project to keep track of it lol, to get two hidden rewards. WHICH, and here comes the black soup, could be like 20 goods, and some coins :DDD

How should I put it, the work/reward ratio doesn't really seem to worth it...

You know, I wouldn't have a problem with these kind of quests, if they were somewhat special, giving you some kind of special reward which worth the effort. But there is simply no point to do them for as long as they are just like any other quests, and those take a click or two to solve...

Also, I think the complexity of Rinbin comes from simply the effort it takes, I mean collecting 1 of each good from every era takes effort and time right? You need to trade for most, why on earth would you even have to keep track of it too? It doesn't fit into the rest of the game, everything else is done exactly the opposite way.

With this logic, why do we know how much goods we still need for a given GB? :DD
It would make more sense to simply not show any of that, so you just keep collecting everything, then someday BOOM, you just get it... Silly...

Last edited by a moderator: