• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Quests: More Details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser12400

Proposal: Provide quests requirements in more accurate details.

Have you checked for similar ideas?: N/A

Balance: N/A

Visual Aids:
visual.png

DeletedUser

+1

I had this reaction to another quest where I had lost track of what I had done and wasn't sure what I had missed out. In the event I managed to sort it out quickly because I was just a bit short of where I thought I had got to, and hadn't made any notes of what I'd done, but the above example is more complicated.

DeletedUser1081

I think it's a deliberate complication meant to make these quests more "challenging" and therefore more "fun". It's not really either, but on the other hand there are limits to what they can do with these quests.

DeletedUser2989

+1 not only for this quest but for other that require a "set" of things. It's fustrating trying to work out what you have missed when the counter just shows the total and the hint only tells you what set it is from.

My example would be of a recent Soccer event mission where you needed to gain coin, supplies, happiness and pop. The counter showed a total but there was no way to tell what you were waiting on to finish the quest.

DeletedUser

My example would be of a recent Soccer event mission where you needed to gain coin, supplies, happiness and pop. The counter showed a total but there was no way to tell what you were waiting on to finish the quest.

That would be the one that I got lost on; in two worlds I got it done quickly and on the third I had only done half of it on one day. Coming back to it on the next day was a bit frustrating.

Amy Steele

General
+1 from me on this. Despite making a spreadsheet to keep track of goods obtained, I too got lost on the same quest Overtype uses as the example in his OP. For a few days my spreadsheet said 44/45 while my game said 43/45. Tracking down the one good I had missed was not easy, and extremely frustrating as I tend to take trade offers rather than make them, so they do not show up in my event history :(

To this day I have no real idea which good it was that was the missing one, but I'm just glad I did eventually complete the quest!

DeletedUser1081

I sympathise, but doesn't this fit under
Dont put up ideas to [...] make the game easier. The game is meant to be played over time and is meant to have a lot of strategy to it
The challenge of this type of quest is probably fun for a certain type of person - apparently the devs think it's an absolute blast! :cool:

DeletedUser

The challenge of this type of quest is probably fun for a certain type of person - apparently the devs think it's an absolute blast! :cool:

Well, yes, up to a point. I'm not sure searching through 44 goods to find the one you missed is a blast! :D

More seriously, the quests like that should be about strategy not double-checking that you didn't miss anything.

DeletedUser97018

+1

as hippocratia said; it's strategy not double-checking game :D

edit:
i just have to put it in here... just doing the quest for 6 production options once
for the third time! - btw i do think i did it all both times :confused:
but this time i did it smarter and made a screenshot of each production when starting, including the time at the moment of taking them :cool:
and this is only 6 productions...

DeletedUser1081

Well, yes, up to a point. I'm not sure searching through 44 goods to find the one you missed is a blast! :D

More seriously, the quests like that should be about strategy not double-checking that you didn't miss anything.

Apparently the devs want it to be partly about doublechecking that you didn't miss anything, and/or developing some strategy for keeping track of stuff like this. I don't personally like this style of quest any more than you-all do, but it does seem deliberate, not an oversight like ... well, never mind! :cool:

DeletedUser99438

I completely agree, quests do need to be more detailed. Different tasks should have their own progress bar. This has also happened to me whereby, I have polished more when I needed to motivate. I gathered more coins when it was supplies or happiness that needed doing, etc. Overtype what a nightmare to have to search through all those pages of trades :S This method is indeed wasting time and causing unnecessary frustration for players!

DeletedUser14782

i just have to put it in here... just doing the quest for 6 production options once
for the third time! - btw i do think i did it all both times :confused:
but this time i did it smarter and made a screenshot of each production when starting, including the time at the moment of taking them :cool:
and this is only 6 productions...
lol, i just used my 6 production buildings.

+1 for the idea

DeletedUser

+1 from me.

It's weird we have to keep track of something ourselves while the game already does it. It is neither fun nor interesting to do, especially since there are more of these quests with a more economic motive then a 'collecting' vibe like the quest detailed in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.