• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Sharing Battles

DeletedUser107196

Proposal:
Creating the ability to reduce Battles to a Code, that can be saved, shared and then pasted into a Generator that would recreate the Battle from the Code.

Reason:
This would enable players to share their great battles, and also as a Battle Training System within Guilds.

Details:
At the end of a Battle, a player would have the option to "Save" the Battle. This would NOT actually Save the Battle, but would reduce the Battle to a code, that when pasted into a Generator would recreate the entire Battle. The Player would then copy and save the code, and then could share it with others. Great Battles and Tactics could be shown to new Guild Members through these battles.

Balance:
All this would require would be a link to the Generator that FoE already uses to recreate Battles, people view after their City is attacked.

Abuse Prevention:
None

Summary:
Enables the sharing of Battles, and it would also be nice if there were a Move by Move feature, so the viewer could control the pace of the Battle.

joesoap

Major-General
+1
i'm 1 of the players that would benefit from some training replays as fighting isn't not my strongest point

DeletedUser107196

I really don't think it would take that long to implement. The infrastructure is already in place. Battles are already reduced to a simple code for when ppl view attacks against their own cities. The Code that does this could simply be added to GvG battles, and made availiable to the players in order to save.

DeletedUser12400

I really don't think it would take that long to implement. The infrastructure is already in place. Battles are already reduced to a simple code for when ppl view attacks against their own cities. The Code that does this could simply be added to GvG battles, and made availiable to the players in order to save.

It actually would take a really long time. There's already changes lined up.

DeletedUser106918

If you actually think about how much information you neeed to store for one battle, it's going to end up being more than "a simple code" and a generator. Especially since you have some information that can (theoretically) be indefinitely large (like bonuses and # of rounds), which are rather ugly to account for.
So the battles are most likely actually saved, and if you're going to save every single player's battles, that's quite a lot that will end up taking space. So there should definitely be an option to save battles manually (instead of simply any battle), a limit on saved battles per player and an option to organize them.

I guess there should be a new dialog (accessible via army management or the town hall), where you can see your saved battles (that you can delete or share) and your X most recent battles that you can choose to save permanently.
This might also allow you to mark battles that were particularly good, so you could showcase them where other players can watch them.

DeletedUser105579

If you actually think about how much information you neeed to store for one battle, it's going to end up being more than "a simple code" and a generator. Especially since you have some information that can (theoretically) be indefinitely large (like bonuses and # of rounds), which are rather ugly to account for.
So the battles are most likely actually saved, and if you're going to save every single player's battles, that's quite a lot that will end up taking space. So there should definitely be an option to save battles manually (instead of simply any battle), a limit on saved battles per player and an option to organize them.

I guess there should be a new dialog (accessible via army management or the town hall), where you can see your saved battles (that you can delete or share) and your X most recent battles that you can choose to save permanently.
This might also allow you to mark battles that were particularly good, so you could showcase them where other players can watch them.
^
+1 to Scarcon's amendment

DeletedUser99692

- 1 Where I can see that the ability to view someone elses battle, especially the masters at troop management on the field, would be a good thing. I can also see players that would want to retain every battle no matter how run of the mill and it causing problems.