• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Battle History

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:

• Allow players to watch replays of battles that they have fought.
  • Allow players to share their battle replays with other players.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Yes, searching for "battle history" found 1 similiar suggestion, which can be found here. This suggestion does however include some additional details and 1 whole new feature.

Reason:

Players should be able to go back and watch replays of recent battles to be able to examine and analyze battles to be able to improve their strategy, which is a vital part of this game. To also allow players to share battle replays with each other would allow guilds to fine tune different strategies and techniques, including giving new players tips and strategies from more experienced players by sharing their battles.

Details & Visual Aids:

By selecting the News tab in the Town Hall, the player should be represented with 3 alternatives:

• Event History: The event history shows recent trades, social interactions and other events in your city or guild. The event history should no longer contain any events about battles, not even attacks against your city.
  • Battle History: The battle history shows recent battles that your army has been participating in. This applies to everything from attacking other players, getting attacked by other players, and also attacking provinces and sectors on the campaign map.
  • Great Buildings: The Great Buildings Contributions list shows the current Great Buildings where you are participating in. This one stays untouched; it will only contain information about donations to Great Buildings.
The News tab in the Town Hall.
TownHall.jpg

When clicking the Battle History button, the Battle History window is displayed. Here it's possible to go through all your recent battles. Icons to the left makes it easy to see if the player was attacking or defending, and if the player won or lost. As you can see in the image below, even battles on the campaign map are logged here.

The Battle History Window.
BattleHistory.jpg

The different icons to the left represents the type and result of the battle:

Attack1.pngYou attacked someone and won.
Attack2.pngYou attacked someone and lost.
Defense1.pngSomeone attacked you and you won.
Defense2.pngSomeone attacked you and you lost.

There's also a group of activity buttons to the right:

Replay.pngReplay. Click this button to view the battle replay.
Revenge.pngRevenge. Click this button to open up the army managment window and attack a specific player.
Visit.pngVisit. Click this button to visit a specific players city.

There's also a possibility to share battle replays with other players. To do this, each battle has a unique ID consisting of a combination of numbers and letters.

ID.pngTo copy the ID to your clipboard, click the button on the right to the ID.

To play another players battle replay, you simply paste the copied ID into the textfield in the Battle History window.

External.pngPaste your copied ID into this textfield and click the button. The battle replay will now play.
Balance & Abuse Prevention:

This suggestion does not affect balance or abuse.

Summary:

It should be possible for players to view replays of all their battles at a later stage, and also to share replays with each other.

Last edited by a moderator:

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
+1 for this

What a well thought out proposal - plenty of detail - easy to understand. Very well done Falcon!

DeletedUser9168

I would support this idea +1 as an aid to develop my own strategies and improve battle technique. It would also be very useful to share tips on technique with guild members. At the moment though, sector battles are obviously not recorded, as mods/devs are unable to refer to them to resolve reported problems. One possible difficulty i envisage would be the vast number of battles some players would have in their history (I'm thinking of those who claim to attack all their neighbours everyday)
Thanks for a great proposal, falcon

DeletedUser

I very rarely watch the replays of battles where other people attack me and I doubt I'd watch replays of my own attacks that much (if at all) but I'm sure there are other people who would love to be able to review their own battles and pass on replays to give training/advice. I can't immediately think of how to abuse this and provided it isn't going to overload the servers then I'll give this a +1.

DeletedUser6461

+1 A well thought idea.
But this idea is already proposed here Battle Replays for Attacker.
I think it's better to combine both these ideas, so people can see various ideas and comment accordingly. I hope a Mod will be helping us to realize the same.

DeletedUser7719

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

Yes, searching for "battle history" found 1 similiar suggestion, which can be found here. This suggestion does however include some additional details and 1 whole new feature.
I think he knew that KJ2K ;)
One Question: How recent does "recent" mean?
One Comment: I don't think the servers will let you record battles in the world map, but it would be nice if this was added.

Overall, +1 for me

EDIT: +18 as of https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?posts/196346

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6461

I think he knew that KJ2K ;)
One Question: How recent does "recent" mean?
One Comment: I don't think the servers will let you record battles in the world map, but it would be nice if this was added.

Overall, +1 for me

I would like to see this idea get implemented too Byeordie (I have already gave my opinion in #5); Anyway, If some ideas are so good like this one and the previous one from you (seeing the unit) I don't have any problem in accepting the same anywhere but combining the same ideas will give more information to the Devs and also will have more support from the forum members altogether which is good for the idea itself :) just my 2 cents.

DeletedUser

Yeah it`s a good idea, it was when that other guy posted it too. I don`t see anything here that couldn`t have just been added to the other idea, so I will +1 the original again XD

DeletedUser1983

+1, deserves to be implemented for smaller players to learn and do well in this game and grow bigger!

DeletedUser

Proposal:

• Allow players to watch replays of battles that they have fought.
  • Allow players to share their battle replays with other players.

Reason:

Players should be able to go back and watch replays of recent battles to be able to examine and analyze battles to be able to improve their strategy, which is a vital part of this game. To also allow players to share battle replays with each other would allow guilds to fine tune different strategies and techniques, including giving new players tips and strategies from more experienced players by sharing their battles.

Details & Visual Aids:

By selecting the News tab in the Town Hall, the player should be represented with 3 alternatives:

• Event History: The event history shows recent trades, social interactions and other events in your city or guild. The event history should no longer contain any events about battles, not even attacks against your city.
  • Battle History: The battle history shows recent battles that your army has been participating in. This applies to everything from attacking other players, getting attacked by other players, and also attacking provinces and sectors on the campaign map.
  • Great Buildings: The Great Buildings Contributions list shows the current Great Buildings where you are participating in. This one stays untouched; it will only contain information about donations to Great Buildings.

The News tab in the Town Hall.
View attachment 3796

When clicking the Battle History button, the Battle History window is displayed. Here it's possible to go through all your recent battles. Icons to the left makes it easy to see if the player was attacking or defending, and if the player won or lost. As you can see in the image below, even battles on the campaign map are logged here.

The Battle History Window.
View attachment 3797

The different icons to the left represents the type and result of the battle:

View attachment 3798You attacked someone and won.
View attachment 3799You attacked someone and lost.
View attachment 3800Someone attacked you and you won.
View attachment 3801Someone attacked you and you lost.

There's also a group of activity buttons to the right:

View attachment 3802Replay. Click this button to view the battle replay.
View attachment 3803Revenge. Click this button to open up the army managment window and attack a specific player.
View attachment 3804Visit. Click this button to visit a specific players city.

There's also a possibility to share battle replays with other players. To do this, each battle has a unique ID consisting of a combination of numbers and letters.

View attachment 3805To copy the ID to your clipboard, click the button on the right to the ID.

To play another players battle replay, you simply paste the copied ID into the textfield in the Battle History window.

View attachment 3807Paste your copied ID into this textfield and click the button. The battle replay will now play.

Balance & Abuse Prevention:

This suggestion does not affect balance or abuse.

Summary:

It should be possible for players to view replays of all their battles at a later stage, and also to share replays with each other.

I love these ideas +1

DeletedUser1032

+1

... One possible difficulty I envisage would be the vast number of battles some players would have in their history (I'm thinking of those who claim to attack all their neighbours everyday).

This could be solved by keeping battle history for only one day, with an option to save only those that are deemed important. For example, if I go through 80 battles daily, their history would be deleted after 24 hours, unless I chose to save one or two in order to share them with others.

DeletedUser4906

Why would anyone want to watch battles they've fought?

Tactics? Strategy? Technique?

Please!

It's a basic little grid that's all, not Rocket Science, and from the amount of Best Score guff that gets splattered across the forum their isn't anyone who cuts it fine when they battle someone, they ALWAYS have A/D Bonus & invariably make sure they have a big advantage with little chance of defeat when battling someone.

Stroll on.......

DeletedUser

+1 from me
would save me time on sharing knowledge with my guildies.

DeletedUser16927

+1 from me, brilliant idea and it will help me when attacking other players

DeletedUser

Why would anyone want to watch battles they've fought?

Tactics? Strategy? Technique?

Please!

It's a basic little grid that's all, not Rocket Science, and from the amount of Best Score guff that gets splattered across the forum their isn't anyone who cuts it fine when they battle someone, they ALWAYS have A/D Bonus & invariably make sure they have a big advantage with little chance of defeat when battling someone.

Stroll on.......
History? when fighting with limited resources, it can be very useful to see what formations a certain player used before, especially if you play at work and tend to multitask... Also on occasions it can be useful to check a certain detail from a previous fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.