• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Second ME GB?

DeletedUser16207

In the image we received in our e-mail about the start of Modern Era you can see the Belgium Atomium in the right corner (see below). Does this mean that this will be the second ME GB? And if so, when will it be available en what will be the bonusses?

Atomium FoE.jpg

filename-atomium-todayout.jpg

DeletedUser13805

if you look in the top left corner you will find a new toilet feature they have introduced for our little people to spend a penny, its a diamond only building sadly : )
i hear its got a huge boost for defense it gives +50% and it also says it will give goods of the age your in and advance in the ages so it should keep everyone happy whilst sitting on the loo or i might be wrong and just seeing things that are not there : )

DeletedUser5180

if you look in the top left corner you will find a new toilet feature they have introduced for our little people to spend a penny, its a diamond only building sadly : )
i hear its got a huge boost for defense it gives +50% and it also says it will give goods of the age your in and advance in the ages so it should keep everyone happy whilst sitting on the loo or i might be wrong and just seeing things that are not there : )

jeez desy..............you had me looking in the top left corner for ages, then i read the rest of your post and.....DOH

50% defense boost would have been nice tho lol

DeletedUser5180

would it be worth sticking in the ideas forum........?

maybe not lol

DeletedUser13805

i am not sure if i did put an idea in for a public toilet for the game ages ago ?
just for a bit of fun you could see your people pop in and if they really went mad with sound effects well it could be a blast !!! unless they were having a number 2 as i dont think farting noises would go down to well i can just see the complaints in the forum !!!!
its a good job computers can not do smell a vision or scratch and sniff type things although that would be taking the toilet idea to the utmost extreme : )
better shut up now as someone will tell me off for being off topic
sorry

DeletedUser3157

I haven't heard any information yet on what the bonuses can be. So all we know right now is that it's the Atomium and goods costs I assume.

DeletedUser5180

I haven't heard any information yet on what the bonuses can be. So all we know right now is that it's the Atomium and goods costs I assume.

lets hope it'ss worth building as the space needle is a waste of time

DeletedUser7719

I could of sworn that we had confirmation that there wasn't going to be another GB... If that was the case, this could of been one of those proposed GBs.
And why are there windows on that building on the FoE picture? The ball looks like it's completely glass on there picture that you pulled up. Did a little more research, and found out there were some windows on there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

I could of sworn that we had confirmation that there wasn't going to be another GB... If that was the case, this could of been one of those proposed GBs.

if there is only one GB in the ME and its very clearly not worth building it, then that is a big disappointment....in fact its a major letdown from the dev team.

perhaps one of the team could confirm if there will be a second GB released later for the ME like alcatraz was in the PE

DeletedUser16207

And why are there windows on that building on the FoE picture? The ball looks like it's completely glass on there picture that you pulled up.

There are windows in the Atomium, I just didn't pick the best image to show that.

DeletedUser276

Nothing has been released even to us on what the gbs are going to be. Who knows we might have another gb prize selection like we did for Industrial age.

DeletedUser7719

As long as you are connecting the short side of a Drive-In Theater with your 2x2 roads, you would have to wait til level 8 for this GB to be useful...

DeletedUser3157

As long as you are connecting the short side of a Drive-In Theater with your 2x2 roads, you would have to wait til level 8 for this GB to be useful...

Or if you have that theater polished, then never. Srsly back during CA when GBs were released I decided against building Hagia because it's happiness was too low for that stage for me. Figured it would get obselete too soon. Hagia is both bigger and has much better happiness per tile than Needle what is 6 ages more advanced, and Hagia has much much better 2ndary bonus.

DeletedUser

Yeah I keep hagia around b/c if you translate what 6 FPs a day would cost me in coins, it is a gold mine. The space needle is completely worthless. It would take years just to pay back what it costs to build and it is dwarfed by regular cultural buildings (especially premium ones). When next age comes out and with each after that it gets even stupider. At level 10, it is roughly equal to the 2nd best PE cultural building and the 24 hour house. About the same space too. This assumes you have a high level St. Mark's though and that you are getting pollivated. So you spend a crapton of FPs and super expensive goods (not to mention space required to get those goods) just to equal something you could have built immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

Are you sure Space Needle's stats won't be tweaked in 2-3 months?

I am. Then yet again, I was convinced those stats will be already tweaked for public release as I didn't think devs would let this kindergarder level of stupid bonus unattended. Actually this would be an insult for most kindergarden children. At once stage I thought maybe it has a real bonus guild wars related ala cheaper siege costs or whatever. But then I figured, a) why on hell keep it a secret and not try to sell diamonds, b) why make game worse by releasing unfinished content and c) why keep it secret also in ZZ where GWs are already long ago released. So no idea really what the hell is this GB supposed to be about, maybe we just been trolled or smth.