• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Search for Blueprint / Plunder

• Thread starter DeletedUser3315
  • Start date

DeletedUser3315

Proposal:
- Give 2 options once you have defeated an enemies army - plunder or search for blueprint

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Checked - nothing similar

Reason:
- The introduction of Great Buildings has created a need to plunder buildings once you have defeated a neighbour's army. As one of the top 4 in my neighbourhood i attack the bottom 50 player in my neighbourhood on almost a daily basis. Previously i rarely plundered as they had no way of really stopping my CA army and i felt it was unfair. Now i do plunder - as i need to find blueprints. I can't stop attacking as i need the PVP points. I therefore suggest an option after you have attacked to search for blueprints instead of only plunder.

If selected you would be able to click on any building in the hope of finding a blue print with a simple pop up saying whether it was successful or not.

Details:
- This will benefit the game as new players will be plundered less often - i know plundering levels have increased as i run a large guild and the smaller players have been discussing the issue - plus i know that i and other higher ranked player are plundering more. Less plundering means new players are less likely to leave and/or get disillusioned with the game.

Visual Aids:
- none

Balance:
- if anything it will create more balance in the game as new players may have a better chance of keeping hold of their precious resources.

Abuse Prevention:
- cant think of any way to abuse this

Summary:
- Option to plunder or search for blue prints after successful attack of a neighbours city.

DeletedUser

I fully support this proposal.
The subject has also been discussed in the Changelog 0.22 thread, for example in posts #144, #149, #160, and few others.

DeletedUser4800

But it already works the SAME way and even better, since not only do you plunder, but you also have a chance to get a BP.

If your idea is implemented it would be the one or the other. I think right now its great, you do your plunder and within that you have a 5% chance to get a BP.

DeletedUser

You don't have to plunder. Send an Ambassador once a day to check for blueprints.

DeletedUser

But there is an Ambassador. Contact a guild and agree with them to exchange members for about an hour a day and polish/mot. the members and look for blueprints. You appoint your Ambassador and they appoint theirs and you can change them as needed. Simple and affective. No need for plunder. b7eb1f76d668dcd8a559ee1c575ec7cb (1).png

DeletedUser276

so in essence people dont want to work for the bp and get them as easy as possible by mooching off other guilds :D

DeletedUser

I am not convinced the idea of blueprints is going to fly (no pun intended). I am just trying to get some of the mid-range players interested and involved with the game. If you can find a blueprint peacefully and not have to plunder, I think is better. We will see.b7eb1f76d668dcd8a559ee1c575ec7cb (1).png

DeletedUser

Why:
1.) If you want to polish/motivate then do so.
2.) You can not 'help' after you 'kill' - not realistic

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

2.) You can not 'help' after you 'kill' - not realistic
I could name a country that does that...
I am not convinced the idea of blueprints is going to fly (no pun intended). I am just trying to get some of the mid-range players interested and involved with the game. If you can find a blueprint peacefully and not have to plunder, I think is better. We will see.View attachment 1935
I'm about to make an idea to stop this from happening because it makes no​ sense in real life

DeletedUser

I can see this working, search the lord's library for important papers type thing. Maybe an increased chance of finding them if you chose to do this rather than plunder.

DeletedUser

Now i do plunder - as i need to find blueprints. I can't stop attacking as i need the PVP points. I therefore suggest an option after you have attacked to search for blueprints instead of only plunder.

That's like asking for a chicken that lays eggs and produces milk as well.

DeletedUser

That's like asking for a chicken that lays eggs and produces milk as well.

I don't see why, at the moment I can choose to plunder or not, this just adds to the not plunder option. If I do plunder I can chose their Stone Age Hut or their Papermill, totally different scale of plundering. Motivate and Polish has two buttons, why not plunder and search?

Moving on from my previous post, maybe the chance of the blueprint should be removed from the plunder option, and instead be made automatic for winning the battle. That may suit everyone's style, and not disadvantage those who choose to be lenient.

DeletedUser

Moving on from my previous post, maybe the chance of the blueprint should be removed from the plunder option, and instead be made automatic for winning the battle. That may suit everyone's style, and not disadvantage those who choose to be lenient.

Have you taken a look at this suggestion? It goes along similar lines of allowing you to not ruthlessly pillage everyone you meet, but not give up your chances at a blueprint as well. Extra bonus in that no "Search" option needs to be added-- would be able to simply just not disable the Motivate and Polish options after an attack.

DeletedUser

+1

Al also feel unfair to plunder who is ten times weaker than me. But I need PvP point so I have no choice but attack