• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Save Our Guilds

• Thread starter DeletedUser112745
  • Start date

Do you support this idea?

• +1 for Proposal 1 (Unable to disband while members are present)

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • +1 for Proposal 2 (Countdown and re-assignment)

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • +1 for both proposals (ie, I can't decide which is best yet)

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I'm not sure yet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -1 for both proposals because I disagree with both

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

DeletedUser653

Been there and experiance this and thinking about the options I would propsoe the following

1) if one founder - they have the right to disband as they want
2) if 2 founders, then there must always be 2 founders at all times and both must delete the guild or it is not deleted
3) if 3 or more founders, a majority must delete the guild

Re inactive Founder:
If a founder is inactive FOE already has a process in place today to allocate the founder role to "TWO" voted players. a player in the guild mist notifiy support and explain that founder has left for more than 60 days and that guild is holding a vote using the guild forum vote process. Once the vote ends they ask support to give founder rights to the top 2 players in the vote and of course support can see the vote so have proof that it was fair and that the guild took part in it before allocating the new founders. This has been in place for over 2 years now and we used this in the guild Bezerkers in beta to remove an absent founder and allocate myself and another player as new founders.

No Serious big guild will have just one founder, the jobs too big these days for one person, so suspect 2 and 3 above would be the most used solutions. These are simple ideas and easliy implemented by the dev team and we already have an agreed solution for inactive founders.

Mark

Shad23

Emperor
No Serious big guild will have just one founder, the jobs too big these days for one person,
if founder uses his leaders corectly job ain't that big ever heard of dispatching some of the work to the leaders on Langandorn my guild is a top 50 guild and we only have 1 founder , founder dispatch's some of the work to his leaders this way no one can deleat guild without him knowing cause he's the only founder and he does not intend on deleating the guild , he already talked to me about the eventuality of him leaving the game and if he ever does leave he'll give founders rights to someone else instead of destroying all the work done by all the players past and present of the guild

Agent327

Overlord
No Serious big guild will have just one founder, the jobs too big these days for one person, so suspect 2 and 3 above would be the most used solutions. These are simple ideas and easliy implemented by the dev team and we already have an agreed solution for inactive founders.

Why not? There is no reason for more than 1 founder. Leaders have enough power to be able to run a guild. Most serious big guilds have a founder that just leans back and watches others do the work.

DeletedUser99692

Guilds run on trust and respect. Whether you have one founder or several. The problem is the big red Dissolve button on the Admin page it needs shifting so you don't hit it by accident. Personally I don't know the solution to this every solution suggested has a work around.

Agent327

Overlord
Guilds run on trust and respect. Whether you have one founder or several. The problem is the big red Dissolve button on the Admin page it needs shifting so you don't hit it by accident. Personally I don't know the solution to this every solution suggested has a work around.

It is bottom right. How can you hit it by accident? If you do, isn't there a pop-up asking you if you are sure?

DeletedUser99692

Yes it is and believe me you can hit it by accident and scare yourself silly. lol

Vesiger

Monarch
Option 1 is basically what you have to do already in order to delete a thread (remove all the other members and then leave it yourself), so that would be a consistent interface.

Psychologically it also brings it home to the founder that deleting the guild involves depriving a lot of other people of it...

Agent327

Overlord
The second thing I'd like to mention is that when a guild's founder is inactive for 30 days, the game automatically re-assigns the founder role to another member of the guild.

It seems that different servers have different rules for this, so it is not carved in stone.

DeletedUser115381

I would simply just suggest that you will have to vote for a guild of 10+ members to be disbanded, if they get the majority then it gets disbanded.

DeletedUser7223

Easy solution , you need two members to dissolve a guild . If only one member in a guild , they must contact support to dissolve .
More work for Mods but on the scale of things , how many guilds dissolve on a daily basis .

Agent327

Overlord
Easy solution , you need two members to dissolve a guild . If only one member in a guild , they must contact support to dissolve .
More work for Mods but on the scale of things , how many guilds dissolve on a daily basis .

Do you people actually read?

A founder can delete all members!

DeletedUser653

Why not? There is no reason for more than 1 founder. Leaders have enough power to be able to run a guild. Most serious big guilds have a founder that just leans back and watches others do the work.
Wow you really have never been in a top guild have you. A really good top guild has 2 sometimes 3 players as founders because the work load is really high and top guilds must cover the problems one founder can create. Suggest you ask to join a top guild and see how much work there is in managing it and all the relationships so critical to gvg. You really showed your lack of experience and that you have never even been in a top guild with that post

DeletedUser653

I still think this is the best compromise of all the suggestions: 1) if one founder - they have the right to disband as they want, no change here
2) if 2 founders, then there must always be 2 founders at all times and both must delete the guild or it is not deleted
3) if 3 or more founders, a majority must delete the guild

DeletedUser653

wow

inno should disable the ability to have more than 1 founder - it's stupid & illogical.......
Pretty dum quote from someone who's never run a top guild and you really do need 2 or even 3 founders plus a council of leaders all with appointed jobs, running a top guild is dam hard work