• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rogues are ridiculous

I despise the rogues.They turn it into dungeons and dragons nonsense rather than a semi-realistic historical game. What next? Potions,spells,and mythical beasts? To counteract this stupidity, a "no magic" option should be available

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
But Everything you mentioned as being fantasy is real, except for the dragons of course: Dungeons are real, rogues really existed, potions and spells are also real (look up voodoo in the Caribbean and alchemy in the middle ages?)

Maybe a little less time being kinky in the library and a little more time reading the books would be good. :lol: Truth is stranger than fiction.

Oh Man, you're going to really hate what they did with "Dragon drones" in arctic future and "Power Dragons" in Venus. Never mind how unrealistic it is we would have a cloud colony on Venus... lol... or the turtle artillery in oceanic future, does that count as a mythical beast? So many things are fantastical in the game now whether by Dr Doolittle, Star Trek, or Tolkien standards.

Potions aren't next, they are already in the game, take a look in your inventory. I bet you have yellow ones for coins, orange ones for supplies, red ones for attack, blue ones for defense, and black ones for pirates! Yeah lots of stuff is right up to the line of fantasy, but rogues as a military unit isn't even close to the worst offender. The line complaining about Forge of Empires leaving its historical roots starts WAY back there, somewhere in 2017.

Emberguard

Legend
But Everything you mentioned as being fantasy is real, except for the dragons of course: Dungeons are real, rogues really existed, potions and spells are also real (look up voodoo in the Caribbean and alchemy in the middle ages?)

Keep in mind the word "dinosaur" was only invented in 1841.

So "dragon" to ancient people could just be what we now call "dinosaur". There's plenty of archeological evidence that there used to be big beasts of some kind that no longer exist now, and plenty of the mythological creatures have basis on real animals even if it diverges from the actual animal. Unicorns for example. That's just the horn from narwhals that washed up on beaches and people attributed that to horses

Philodus

Corporal
I despise the rogues.They turn it into dungeons and dragons nonsense rather than a semi-realistic historical game. What next? Potions,spells,and mythical beasts? To counteract this stupidity, a "no magic" option should be available
It was one of the reasons that helped me leave the game when I wanted to, that the concept of levelling GBs using forge points is not found in the real world which makes this game a fiction.

papashakes

Corporal
lol.. it's a "game" so anything is possible.. and there is already potions for attack and defence so too late there lolol

Philodus

Corporal
People pay workers to construct buildings ;) Speaking of fiction though. Could you imagine if building a house in FoE took 1+ years? :lol:
I didn't mean the first level only but the future levels too, where you level up buildings that are already constructed! The opposite of this would be the upgrade kits which actually change the appearance of buildings as they are levelled up.