• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rogue Hideout Slots lost!!!

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
I have a lot of store building so used some to make space so I could rearrange my city.
I stored my 3 fully opened up rogue hideouts but when I put them back the slots I opened up with diamonds had been lost.
I think this is disgusting! This is like INNO stealing diamonds.
At the very least there should be a warning before you store the hideout that you will lose the slots.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Ideally, you shouldn't bother with opening up any slots ever on RH's, and also Champ Retreats, Drummer Schools, etc..., as you want to combine those special military buildings with the Alcatraz GB. ;)
But yes, a warning would be a good feature for Inno to add, since using a Store Building kit is effectively the same as 'deleting' your building from your active city...

Still, if you play GE on a weekly basis, you'll get those diamonds back over time, and can also abuse CF for boosted diamond pay-outs from quests too!

DeletedUser112745

Hello!

Yes, any slots unlocked with diamonds are reset when the building is put back into the inventory.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Store_Building#Limitation
I believe this may be due to technical limitations within the game.
There is a “Reconstruction Mode” currently being tested in beta, which will allow you to sort out and rearrange our city much easier, without having to use the Store Building consumable.
See: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-1-124.35490/

Diamonds are relatively easy to acquire if you do story quests and guild expeditions.

My personal advice is to build the Alcatraz great building when you can. Sure it takes up a lot of space, but if you’re a fighter, whether PvP, GE and/or GvG, the benefit of getting free troops (if you have at least one building that produces those troops in your city) is enormous.

DeletedUser101951

I disagree about diamonds are readily available - unless you are referring to buying them with money. Yeah, on GE I can maybe net 100 a month if I am active, but to reopen one slot costs more diamonds than that. If you opened a few slots, maybe you could get them reopened in a few months time. But that also takes those diamonds away from other important things.

Information like that is not widely disseminated to players. Unless you guild tips you off or you spend hours a week reading the forums, just a matter of time before you get bit. Or comes out after the fact confirming it in a forum like this post.

DeletedUser111000

Seems like it should not be too hard to have different building types for inventory - like a champ retreat from ME is a different one from a champ retreat from PME. Just have a RH with 2 slots, one with 3 slots, 4 slots and 5 slots, and store them that way. I opened slots before I had Traz, and it is annoying to lose the diamonds I spent by storing it. Not the worst thing to have a decent number of attached rogues sometimes.

DeletedUser112892

If you put Rogue Hideout back in your inventory, the slots amount will be reset to 2. However, worst thing you can do is to unlock slots in Rogue Hideout. It is best to build Traz and then have steady production of Rogues every day.

DeletedUser653

I agree with OP, I run with 10 to as high as 24 hideouts depending on my need for unattached troops as well as rogues. I get about 70 a day and if i have 10 -20 troop barracks which is normal I need lots of hideouts, but because I normally run more other troops buildings I do not get enough rogues so have the slots open is a god send to me, giving me attached rogues which rebuild in 8 hours using the taven bonus.
That INNO charges me real cash to open the slots then to remove them with out warning is terrible, personally if i have paid hard cash to open 5 slots then putting building into store should keep the 5 slots open. I understand that its a technical issue but its easy to tag a hideout going into storage and hence link its open slots.
Or is this another INNO way of increase income by making us pay to open the same slots time and time again

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I agree with OP, I run with 10 to as high as 24 hideouts depending on my need for unattached troops as well as rogues. I get about 70 a day and if i have 10 -20 troop barracks which is normal I need lots of hideouts, but because I normally run more other troops buildings I do not get enough rogues so have the slots open is a god send to me, giving me attached rogues which rebuild in 8 hours using the taven bonus.
That INNO charges me real cash to open the slots then to remove them with out warning is terrible, personally if i have paid hard cash to open 5 slots then putting building into store should keep the 5 slots open. I understand that its a technical issue but its easy to tag a hideout going into storage and hence link its open slots.
Or is this another INNO way of increase income by making us pay to open the same slots time and time again
Or you could, you know, build Alcatraz and need only 1 RH with 0 'paid' slots. :P

DeletedUser99588

Hello!

Yes, any slots unlocked with diamonds are reset when the building is put back into the inventory.
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Store_Building#Limitation
I believe this may be due to technical limitations within the game.
There is a “Reconstruction Mode” currently being tested in beta, which will allow you to sort out and rearrange our city much easier, without having to use the Store Building consumable.
See: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-1-124.35490/

Diamonds are relatively easy to acquire if you do story quests and guild expeditions.

My personal advice is to build the Alcatraz great building when you can. Sure it takes up a lot of space, but if you’re a fighter, whether PvP, GE and/or GvG, the benefit of getting free troops (if you have at least one building that produces those troops in your city) is enormous.

Personally I think it is dishonest of Inno to reset the slots. It is not overly difficult for them to have kept them open and one method has been described above, so one can only assume this was a deliberate act to try and get players to pay more diamonds to open slots again should they wish to do so. Whether combining a rogue camp with traz is the best way to go is immaterial. The slots have been paid and should be kept open. You should be storing the building 'as is' not resetting it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

Or you could, you know, build Alcatraz and need only 1 RH with 0 'paid' slots. :P

I get about 70 a day from my traz, but its not enough to cover all the fighting for a top guild, hence i have so many attached units to help out

Agree thanatos100

DeletedUser653

Agent, my rogues and other troops are prefectly blanced for me so my rogue count stays about the same but i still get lots of other troops so roughly i get 35 rogues a day and 35 other troops from the 10-20 other troop barracks - or did you not read the thread again before jumping in and posting something against 1 post as normal and then posting something with no value to anyone :(