• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Rival, who thought so many 24 production quests was a good idea????

Shadovaria

Private
So is the purpose of rival to destroy as many produciton speed ups as possible. 1 Rival destroyed almost everything I had, to even have a chance at the second one I have had to completely cannabalise my city to place blacksmiths. Come on Inno hwo coudnt you tell so so many complete 24hr production quests was a bad idea. Are you now going to refund these speed ups to those players you screwed over with those quests and how about some compensation for those who have just been totally unable to complete it and as a result are now going to score lower.

Dead-Eye

General
It's just the way it is so ya gotta accept it and do the rivals or don't bother with it

Moaning on the Internet ain't gonna help

Agent327

Overlord
Based on the assumption that the quests are supposed to be hard it actually was a good idea. You struggling with them proves that. Nobody got screwed over. You were not forced to participate. If you score lower now you only have yourself to blame, so feel free to compensate yourself.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I finished last week's Thursday am, This week's I'm done already and without those extra boost/items the event gave at the start.

It made it a little easier planning and hoping they didn't switch them up this time around, especially when they didn't. So coasted through it. Did build a lot more blacksmiths though as I use pumpkins for the normal quests. Also queued as many of the 24hr quests at the same time as possible.

Nidwin

Sergeant
If you are interested in doing regularly those Rivals it may be a good idea to plan to have a good "income" of finish supply production goodies if they have become problematic. In my opinion the most valuable resource now in game is the store building and the most valuable GB the blue galaxy as those two help you to farm for an x amount of time valuable resources required for some aspects of the game.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I've very recently starting using BG on arcane tarot for the Finish all supply buffs. It was one I never paid attention too upto recently just had them built.

Emberguard

Legend
Rewards are not worth doing it for older players zzzzzzz

Is that just the Rival you're referring to? Or is that the Event in general?

For myself if I wasn't doing Rival I'd need to reach 5,000 Grand Prize progress to upgrade my Golden Orrery. With Rival I have the option to skip the Event entirely if I wanted to. Got my upgrade :lol:

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
I've very recently starting using BG on arcane tarot for the Finish all supply buffs. It was one I never paid attention too upto recently just had them built.
Me too, they definitely have stepped up the burn rate on supply rushes and finish supply boosts. Respond to the drain by ramping up production.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
There's been quite a lot of choice on dailys upto the point where I can't even figure out which buildings I want to finish that I've got sat in my inventory. Done another serene animal crossing, finished my tower I never even built. Apart from that sat on at least 200+ of each key whilst I decide, Thinking of another ketebo if it comes back around as I'm only a couple of upgrades short, then finish all my keys on anniversary kits of that shows up again.

If anything I've had too much choice and still not fully decided.

Now I came into the event with already knowing how to do it, it's been quite fun. Last time was stressful at first.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
So is the purpose of rival to destroy as many produciton speed ups as possible. 1 Rival destroyed almost everything I had, to even have a chance at the second one I have had to completely cannabalise my city to place blacksmiths. Come on Inno hwo coudnt you tell so so many complete 24hr production quests was a bad idea. Are you now going to refund these speed ups to those players you screwed over with those quests and how about some compensation for those who have just been totally unable to complete it and as a result are now going to score lower.
Of course it is, then when you have none, the insidious thoughts of spending money, to pick up a package creeps into your brain, its advertised all the time quietly sitting on the screen, implanted in your subconcious, if you really take a hard look at how the game is structured, everything is designed to dangle a carrot and get you to follow, it probably won't be long before INNO try subliminal messaging.... welcome to the Real World

Dead-Eye

General

For myself if I wasn't doing Rival I'd need to reach 5,000 Grand Prize progress to upgrade my Golden Orrery. With Rival I have the option to skip the Event entirely if I wanted to. Got my upgrade :lol:

I did both rivals and got the 2 I needed. Had I gone for the 5000 it would have cost lotsa diamonds.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General

Myself similar. I hate this stupid matching game, so not trying for the Event Building, not worth it - but figured the Celestial Orrery was worth obtaining (even though these foolish power increases that Inno has created will probably make the Celestial Orrery ready to be replaced in 6-9 months!). An added bonus though would be the Stage of Ages upgrades - which I had been considering removing - now I have them upgraded instead.

Shadovaria

Private
Of course it is, then when you have none, the insidious thoughts of spending money, to pick up a package creeps into your brain, its advertised all the time quietly sitting on the screen, implanted in your subconcious, if you really take a hard look at how the game is structured, everything is designed to dangle a carrot and get you to follow, it probably won't be long before INNO try subliminal messaging.... welcome to the Real World
Ah we have a slight misunderstanding. I meant a good idea for player experience and enjoyment of the game, your are probably 100% correct they could well have deliberately made it impossible for many players to force them to pay to have a chance

Shadovaria

Private
It's just the way it is so ya gotta accept it and do the rivals or don't bother with it

Moaning on the Internet ain't gonna help
My city is strong enough tha I was able to pull off both anyway but for a lot of players with smaller cities with less options to play around with their setups those rivals where just pointlessly cruel, we had been informed that Inno made it easier for players to complete after they tried it on Beta, well if this was easier that first one must have been impossible for everyone

Shadovaria

Private
Based on the assumption that the quests are supposed to be hard it actually was a good idea. You struggling with them proves that. Nobody got screwed over. You were not forced to participate. If you score lower now you only have yourself to blame, so feel free to compensate yourself.
I completed it because I my city is big enough to complete it, for a lot of other players this was impossible to complete, I didnt struggle but an event that forces you to use loads of speed ups or store a stupid amount of buildings just to place lots of blacksmiths is poorly thoght out. Unlike you I don't consider the fact that I personally can still complete it makes it ok for them to make it impossible for so many other players but unlike certain other players I'm not selfish. Just because I can finish it doesn't make it any more acceptable