• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Relocating land extensions.

I think there is value in having the option to relocate a land extension, maybe with some kind of cost (diamonds maybe) so as its not abused. This would also make the much de-valued Store item worth something again as it would be necessary to move items off the land before it is located.

Agent327

Overlord
Why?

In the end it does not matter, cause you will have nothing to relocate.

Store building has nothing to do with this. Not all buildings can be stored and in the end you remove buildings as you move on, so it is a lame argument.

Shad23

Emperor
Why?

In the end it does not matter, cause you will have nothing to relocate.

Store building has nothing to do with this. Not all buildings can be stored and in the end you remove buildings as you move on, so it is a lame argument.
+ with reconstruction mode unless you realy need the space the Store item thing is worthless cause while in reconstruction mode you can place your buildings to get more space wich maybe gives enough space to keep all your stuff in your city

Like shad23 says, the reconstruction tool devalued the Store item considerably. You Store the buildings (as who has spare land to relocate items) and you end up with bare land. Sometimes plans change over time and land at the margins ends up in the wrong spot for the new plan. Being able to relocate the land would be a lot easier than using the reconstruction tool to move everything around. If there is a cost involved (diamonds) then so be it. The savings in time and effort could be worth it.

And if the buildings on the land cant be stored then there is still scope to store others and create space. This suggested option would be valuable for the Progressive Era when a lot of things need to move around to make way for two lane roads.

DeletedUser111359

Store Items was practically worthless from the time it debuted.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
I use them for events. There are always build x buildings during them and without storing I would have to delete buildings due to the size of some of the things needed to be built to complete the quest, it's a lot easier to just remove a TF till the events over.

DeletedUser112892

Like shad23 says, the reconstruction tool devalued the Store item considerably. You Store the buildings (as who has spare land to relocate items) and you end up with bare land. Sometimes plans change over time and land at the margins ends up in the wrong spot for the new plan. Being able to relocate the land would be a lot easier than using the reconstruction tool to move everything around. If there is a cost involved (diamonds) then so be it. The savings in time and effort could be worth it.
Disagree. Store item, at least by me, is (was) very rarely used as help to reconstruct city. It is much more useful when you want to store a special building you want to place in your city again some time later

Galladhorn

Monarch
Relocating land extensions would be a rather big change – at least for the Inno and Diamond income. Most new players start up their cities quite bad land extension wise, which then later becomes a reason to buy some Diamonds to compensate for the "not so optimal" expansion layout applied.

And yes surely it would be a handy feature but also make the game a lot easier. So if it would cost Diamonds to relocate then perhaps at least in shorter term it would compensate for the longer term loss of Diamond Income.

And yes... Also it is not the only reason to buy Diamonds, but it is one never the less.

DeletedUser6065

My latest quest was 'Gain X Happiness'.
I stored a building, then brought it back out.
Quest complete.
This thread can now be closed.
. . . mk

Shad23... I was thinking it would be a lot more than 100 diamonds.. maybe 200 per extension, as a new extension for me costs 600 diamonds. If this idea was possible it would need to be defined as a % of the players current cost of buying a new one. I cant remember what an extension cost (in diamonds) at the start of the game but I dont recall it being 600.(Haven't bought one with diamonds since I was in the iron age.)

Shad23

Emperor
% of the players current cost of buying a new one. I cant remember what an extension cost (in diamonds) at the start of the game but I dont recall it being 600.(Haven't bought one with diamonds since I was in the iron age.)
well i never baught any expasions with diamonds eaven if i'm in FE and my expansions are at 200 diamonds so i thaught 50 % was a good % so i said minimum 100

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Disagree. Store item, at least by me, is (was) very rarely used as help to reconstruct city. It is much more useful when you want to store a special building you want to place in your city again some time later

This^ I needed space so stored a rare building, planning to build it later. If you could store the Monastery I'd also have done that, since I like collecting buildings and dislike having to sell them and lose them forever. I need every store building I can get my hands on.

Honestly, I don't see them ever implementing something that allows you to change your land extensions cause they don't like giving us that much control, that's why they joke about building rotations, because even 180 building rotations would make our cities look too good, even though we'd still have to put up with some terrible building dimensions same way either way. Anything that could help you in this game is frowned upon.

However, a feature that allowed you to accidentally un-expansion right away would be nice, say you had five minutes to decide if that is where you wanted your recent expansion. Would hate to accidentally place one in the wrong place and regret it for like a year till you want to actually go there.