• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Reduce time between social interactions from 24 hours to 23:30

potatoskunk

Master Corporal
Proposal: Reduce the time between social interactions from 24 hours to 23:30

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: Yes, can't find anything similar

Reason: I would like to be able to do all my social interactions (polishing/motivating, visiting taverns, attacking, etc.) at the same time of day every day. With a 24-hour clock, I get moved slightly later every day, until eventually it gets too late and I have to miss a day. With a 23:30 clock, I would be able to do it the same time every day, forever.

Details: I go through my list of friends, guild mates, and neighbours every day, mostly at the same time every day. After aiding/polishing/whatever, a 24-hour countdown starts before I can repeat the action. I would like that to be changed to a 23:30 clock.

Visual Aids: None needed, this is very simple

Balance/Abuse Prevention: None needed; someone who is extremely alert and active could gain a theoretical maximum of 1/2 an hour per day, if they can figure out how to always be online at the right time, even as the time moves earlier around the clock. That theoretical maximum of 1/2 an hour per day means that it will take 48 days for anyone to get an extra full set of social interactions. So under ideal circumstances, one could increase their social interactions by a theoretical maximum of approximately 2%. Practically speaking, though, that's highly unlikely.

DeletedUser111589

I agree with Augustavian.

By setting aid refresh at let's say 00:00 UTC, as long as you manage to make it in a day nothing will be lost or gained (as those 2% are mentioned by you).

I would like that myself as well as I'm not always able to do aiding at usual time and it moves by an hour or more.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
I also wanted to post this Idea. Yes, it is frustrating, that you lose each day 5-15min and eventually you must wait a day to cach the desired time.

And IF the Alcatras can work like that right now (less than 24h), why cannot the rest? :)

DeletedUser110195

I also wanted to post this Idea. Yes, it is frustrating, that you lose each day 5-15min and eventually you must wait a day to cach the desired time.

And IF the Alcatras can work like that right now (less than 24h), why cannot the rest? :)
Alcatraz doesn't work like that, it works like any military building, that's why its collection time is less than 24 hours...leave your guild and it will be 24 hours.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
Alcatraz doesn't work like that, it works like any military building, that's why its collection time is less than 24 hours...leave your guild and it will be 24 hours.

But it is still a GB and not simply military building, right? :)

But ok, this cannot change, we must accept that. 24:00 cannot be 23:30 or 23:45

That reset drift won't change with a shorter time between when you can do them again. The only solution to that is set the time when daily actions reset to something fixed, so no matter when you do them, you get one every 24 hours and it will be immune to reset drift.

I not understand that... If i collect at 8:00AM today, tomorrow at 8:10, then 8:20 (so it works now), but everyday the buildings are ready to collect them at 8:00 (proposal)?? Or?

DeletedUser110195

I not understand that... If i collect at 8:00AM today, tomorrow at 8:10, then 8:20 (so it works now), but everyday the buildings are ready to collect them at 8:00 (proposal)?? Or?
Yes, having all daily actions reset at a fixed time will stop the drifting of when you can do them. Obviously this can't work for manual production buildings, only automatic, like GBs. Unless of course they added a means to just make your buildings continuously produce at the same time frame and have some manner of storage, 1 collection worth of storage so the production keeps rolling would do.

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
But this is impossible, because every player would like a different time to collect.

Maybe one possible simple solution:
If you want to collect at 8:00 every time, you have time to collect between 8:00-8:30 (30min time loop), and if you do, then you can collect next day the same time, but if you miss, and collect 8:31, then next day change to 8:30-9:00.

I want it, but this is unnecessary complicate the game ;)

DeletedUser110195

But this is impossible, because every player would like a different time to collect.
While I agree applying this to collections would surely be very complicated, if they did somehow implement a fixed time for resets on automatic collections, it would change nothing for when players collect, so long as you grab your GB collections at some point before the reset, then you miss nothing, lose no time and collect when you want to.

DeletedUser653

I tend to disagree because plundering is part of the game and we all cannot stick to an exact time to collect so every now and again we have to reset the clock time for collection. It's part of the game and adds interests to it, it would be really boring for a plunder if he always knew the exact time to plunder because it was fixed plus would be quite costly to a farmer having 10 players trying to plunder at the same time
PS do I like the fixed 24 hours_ no its a pain but it does keep collections or plundering more interesting

DeletedUser111589

I tend to disagree because plundering is part of the game and we all cannot stick to an exact time to collect so every now and again we have to reset the clock time for collection. It's part of the game and adds interests to it, it would be really boring for a plunder if he always knew the exact time to plunder because it was fixed plus would be quite costly to a farmer having 10 players trying to plunder at the same time
PS do I like the fixed 24 hours_ no its a pain but it does keep collections or plundering more interesting

To counter that, In case defending is lost, farmer gets let's say an hour long free shield. I remember reading somewhere that troops are recovered after defending battle. Also, what makes you think that couple of players aren't attacking you daily at the same time even at current system.

DeletedUser110195

To be perfectly honest I only ever suggested implementing a fixed point reset on aid and tavern sitting....too many factors go into building collections. There's really no way to improve them, I just threw ideas out there to make it work for arguments sake.

DeletedUser111589

To be perfectly honest I only ever suggested implementing a fixed point reset on aid and tavern sitting....too many factors go into building collections. There's really no way to improve them, I just threw ideas out there to make it work for arguments sake.

Its players decision to plunder or aid, the clock starts ticking right after. So setting fixed point for aid would have to be fixed for plunder as well.

DeletedUser110195

Its players decision to plunder or aid, the clock starts ticking right after. So setting fixed point for aid would have to be fixed for plunder as well.
You get 24 hours from the point you attacked to take your plunder, the timer starts immediately after you finish an attack. I don't see why this would be a problem. Maybe on that first day someone might get an earlier plunder, but apart from that, unless you have your collection time set at the same time as an aid/plunder/tavern reset, you won't be affected.

DeletedUser111351

+1
I'm continually baffled by games using the 24 hour clock rather than 23+ hours. While I understand that the resulting time slippage does allow really dedicated players to gain a bigger advantage over less dedicated players, it is cruel and harmful to players. Either a player continually slips with the game for as many days as they can, which impinges upon sleep time, departure time, etc... basically it negatively impacts real life, or they skip it and let it roll over and are annoyed because they waited a full day and then lost their prize by 1-5 minutes.

@Augustavian What I believe they are saying is that if there is a daily reset (let's just say everything resets at midnight), then 12:01 AM begins plunder-central. Suddenly every 24-hour building is available for collection. Someone who is actively online at this time collects all there prizes instantly. Someone asleep, at work/school, what have you, comes online 5 hours later and finds their buildings stripped because they aren't able to collect as a defensive measure.

As you say, for things like Aid and Tavern where there aren't direct attacks it wouldn't be nearly so harmful. That said, the current system gets a much more spread out use of Aid and Tavern visits. If there were a daily reset, you would get a much more concentrated Aid/Tavern usage right after the reset. So once again it would be greatly beneficial to those playing at exactly that time.

While 23:30 timeline won't cure all ills, life just isn't that consistent for people to never miss a window, it would at least make it possible to collect daily. And it would reduce same gamine negative repercussions.

DeletedUser110195

As you say, for things like Aid and Tavern where there aren't direct attacks it wouldn't be nearly so harmful. That said, the current system gets a much more spread out use of Aid and Tavern visits. If there were a daily reset, you would get a much more concentrated Aid/Tavern usage right after the reset. So once again it would be greatly beneficial to those playing at exactly that time
No one would benefit more than anyone else from a fixed point reset of aid/plunder and tavern sitting, at least not more than once. After the first day, no one who logs in every day, would get less than 1 aid/tavern visit a day. It wouldn't matter when you do it, if you hit it at say 11:50pm on a Monday, and the reset is at midnight, and you hit it again for Tuesday, you didn't get a bonus aid/tavern visit, they just happened to be close together.

DeletedUser111351

No one would benefit more than anyone else from a fixed point reset of aid/plunder and tavern sitting, at least not more than once. After the first day, no one who logs in every day, would get less than 1 aid/tavern visit a day. It wouldn't matter when you do it, if you hit it at say 11:50pm on a Monday, and the reset is at midnight, and you hit it again for Tuesday, you didn't get a bonus aid/tavern visit, they just happened to be close together.
With aid, everyone has a limited number of Aid-able buildings. The more people that aid at a specific time, the more likely people max out all buildings and get "there are no more buildings to aid". This hurts both the one giving and receiving aid. Also, with polishing, this has a finite timeline benefit from the exact second it is polished. Players who are below max happiness and not on when a large percentage of players aid them, suddenly find themselves without the benefit of polish because it runs out before they log on.

With tavern, tavern fills up. Any game that has a daily reset sees most players trying to play at that reset time if it is at all possible. The 20 minutes after a reset will likely see someone online emptying a full tavern 2-3 times and then see it never fill up again throughout the rest of the day. For those who aren't on during this splurge, they will get only 1 full tavern from this time. Yes, some people will still seek out empty taverns at other times of the day, but those that aren't on during this initial time will not see as many total taverns visits.

I'm not saying a daily reset can't be used, but it does have drawbacks. I've played other games that do have a daily reset and this is exactly how they all work. A flurry of activity right at reset and then limited action throughout the rest of the day.

DeletedUser110195

With aid, everyone has a limited number of Aid-able buildings. The more people that aid at a specific time, the more likely people max out all buildings and get "there are no more buildings to aid".
Why are you assuming everyone is going to crowd around the reset? They'll have all day to get their aid done without losing one microsecond when they finally do get it done. This would hurt no one and help literally everyone, even the people who can play all day.

DeletedUser111351

Why are you assuming everyone is going to crowd around the reset? They'll have all day to get their aid done without losing one microsecond when they finally do get it done. This would hurt no one and help literally everyone, even the people who can play all day.
I say this based on experience. People race to do something as soon as it's available. About the only time this doesn't happen is when players consider the action to be fairly inconsequential. From that aspect there is a chance this reset would not have a bunching effect. Both tavern and aid are rather minor elements of this game. If nothing else reset at that time play might continue as is. If things like 24-hour collectibles also became available at reset, then there would absolutely be a shift to activity times.

I'm not saying I'm against the idea of a daily reset. I'm just pointing out affects that it tends to have. No system is perfect. The thing is, like I said, I consider tavern and aid to be minor parts of how I play the game. It therefore doesn't bother me that much when if they do the time-slip. The buildings of mine that end up getting plundered because I went to sleep 5-minutes before they were ready because of the time-slip do greatly irritate me though. Or that I just lose out on a day of collection.

DeletedUser110195

I say this based on experience. People race to do something as soon as it's available. About the only time this doesn't happen is when players consider the action to be fairly inconsequential. From that aspect there is a chance this reset would not have a bunching effect.
Even if it did, which it won't, anyone who got shut out could just aid later, get on slightly earlier than the reset and beat those other people to the punch and just send it in cycles like that.

All I foresee happening is people would settle into the time most convenient for them, rather than adhering to an iron clad schedule so they minimize the time drift, or more than that, avoid losing hours rather than seconds.