• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Question about | Dont Break the rules |

DeletedUser7897

Had one player ingame that got fps on one world then gave fps to the same player on another world. Their argument was that the person was at Iron Age so should be beyond the point of being a push account. I dont think he read the part in the rules about cross world trading. Its a no no even if both parties are in Colonial or Industrial age.

Didnt know about that. I guess that proves me wrong :)

DeletedUser

The Griefer question is still not answered

Well if you see something and its suspicious then [report the person].
Blacksmith, you said in my thread (the one you locked) that you thought you had already answered my question here. I have read your comments in this thread, and you really didn't.

My main point in the other thread was that a Griefer will NOT be suspicious. He will uses multiple, good names (like the guy NewRebel met who had totally different names on all his accounts). He will donate to multiple buildings, in small amounts -- many, many, many buildings. He will THEN (after a few weeks of seeding buildings) do something "dumb" on PURPOSE ... like feed 100 points into one person in a single day, tell that person he has multiple accounts, get "caught" ... and trigger a deletion of dozens of GBs, each of which had only 20 or 50 points donated to it. He will then laugh and laugh and laugh when players whine on the forum about how their building has suddenly been destroyed. He will gain joy from knowing twice that number just quit the game in disgust when they saw their level 10 buildings deleted.

He is happy. He won the game HE was playing: he caused people grief.

My question is, what can I do to protect myself? I have already deleted all my "friends," but a Griefer like this could join my guild at any time and begin seeding my buildings through the guild connection, so they can be destroyed in the future. What can I do? What more can I do to protect myself from this kind of malicious donation of 10 FPs?

Or is the original post is wrong: you actually WON'T delete a building just because it has a few points donated from a cheater's account?

DeletedUser

My main point in the other thread was that a Griefer will NOT be suspicious. He will uses multiple, good names (like the guy NewRebel met who had totally different names on all his accounts). He will donate to multiple buildings, in small amounts -- many, many, many buildings.

He answerd it. Simply , if someone donate to much of forge points to your GB's , you can report via support ticket that player to support team,then they will check his account. Fist you can ask him ,why he donate that much,no metter what he answer,you can report him and you will be safe.

DeletedUser3157

Only problem with some of the logic is that I don't think many people make detailed backround searches into those who donate into their GBs nor even keep themselves overly updated on what is going on in their buildings. Maybe hover over it once or twice per week to see where it stands, or check after seeing the levelup news who won. I know I got 2 or more GBs on all 8 worlds and that is pretty much how much I usually interact with them. Hell in 1 world where I don't really PvP too much I built a Zeus about half a year ago and then kinda forgot about it. I was somewhat suprised to see it lvl8 reciently when I started doing some fighting there, I thought it would be around lvl4 or 5 maybe. Even in my biggest town at some stage post CA wait for InA I had the high priority GBs leveled and I didn't take too much interest in my 2nd rate GBs and game in general. Then when I one day looked into who that dude was who has won last 2 levels(high levels, so a lot of FPs) of my Deal Castle, I got scared off my pants and reported him asap cause he looked proper bad. They didn't too anything about him, so I assume he was legit afterall, but I think had someone else reported him or me, it could have ended different. That expirience made me be more careful in my main world, but still.. Perhaps the obligations of the player to monitor all the transactions taking place in his or her Gbs should be stated little more clearly in the rules, since this does seem to be what is expected of the player.

DeletedUser

Yeah I never check who's donating to my buildings, and any suggestion that people are somehow responsible to check for suspicious donors is just ridiculous. Why should I care if some random account from my neighborhood starts donating to my GBs? As far as I'm concerned if I'm not giving FP back on another world, I have nothing to worry about.

I'd also like to say that despite what some people might think, the vast majority of the "cheating" is done by people who have no idea they're doing anything wrong. No one reads the rules when they start a game, I sure don't. I certainly hope adequate warning is being given, otherwise you're basically just driving away players to make yourself feel like a big shot. The really malicious exploiters who know the rules probably never get caught : (

DeletedUser276

you can report him and you will be safe.

I wouldnt say safe. The way you said it your basically saying that you can cheat with the guy... turn him in and get away with free forge points. But I will take it into consideration that the player came forward. For me it would depend how much fp this guy gave. Remember what the definition of a push account is. There are two different types. Single world pushing and cross world pushing.

Yeah I never check who's donating to my buildings, and any suggestion that people are somehow responsible to check for suspicious donors is just ridiculous. Why should I care if some random account from my neighborhood starts donating to my GBs? As far as I'm concerned if I'm not giving FP back on another world, I have nothing to worry about.

I am but one man. I can only check so many on my own. I am relying on players to help me find the cheaters. I am not talking about people though that you dont know that donate 30 forge points to your great building. But more like 300 in a level. I have had the last couple of days people report others that have donated 150-200 fp and are lower level. Looking through my tools its obvious to me they are just trying to collect fp packages and blue prints and medals. I can see the difference between a pusher and that so dont worry too much.

I'd also like to say that despite what some people might think, the vast majority of the "cheating" is done by people who have no idea they're doing anything wrong. No one reads the rules when they start a game, I sure don't. I certainly hope adequate warning is being given, otherwise you're basically just driving away players to make yourself feel like a big shot. The really malicious exploiters who know the rules probably never get caught : (

If they dont read the rules thats not really my issue. Thats like walking into a country and breaking the law then saying I didnt bother to know that spitting on the sidewalk was against the law... or goose stepping down the road in Germany shouting 1940 slogans. But I am trying to keep announcing this in the forums ALOT which is me trying to bring attention to sensitive things. Like showing a pamphlet when entering a country covering the laws that people really need to know about.

DeletedUser3157

LOL and right on cue I just now had my st marks level finished in Dinegu. Checked out who donated then and guess what, all 200 FPs by same guy. Click on his town - bronze age town hall, 3 potteries and 6 huts, all disconnected. Figured ok it seems I need to cancel that friendship then or I can get in trouble - can't find him in my friends list. Guess what - he is a freaking neighbor of mine. Can't kick, can't delite.. Now my hood is more than a year old in that world, playing that world since start and it has only merged with other big and old hoods. So this guy has been there for about a year and is 400 points total. I'm also ranked #35 in my hood with 80k pts, so I'm not like an obv top guy there or anything there.

So this either means:
a) I can see the future and scripted a town in my hood a year ago when I started playing so when GBs get released 6 months later I could wait another 6 months and then start cheating real sneaky style so nobody could suspect.
b) I hacked an account of one of my neighbors in order to build up my GB I hardly care about in a world somewhere between Z and W in my importance list.
c) Someone relogged one of the worlds he hadn't played for very long time, knows me from some other world(s) or forum and tryes to mess with me, get me in trouble.
d) Someone relogged one of the worlds he hadn't played for very long time, figured he would be giving his FPs away to someone, and I as the #35 in the hood list stood out like such an obvious target.
e) Someone relogged one of the worlds he hadn't played for very long time, knows me from some other world(s) or forum and likes me, wants to be nice to me!

Take a quess..

DeletedUser276

I looked into him Hint :P you dont have anything to worry about at this time with all that I can see. What it looks like to me is he wants to play on many worlds and he is buttering up bigger players so when they have all gb's and are maxed out he tried to use the bps to make a gb and then bugs them that they owe him for all the fp's he donated.

DeletedUser

He answerd it. Simply , if someone donate to much of forge points to your GB's , you can report via support ticket that player to support team,then they will check his account. Fist you can ask him ,why he donate that much,no metter what he answer,you can report him and you will be safe.
You did not understand my message. The danger isn't from someone who donates hundreds of points to you. The danger is from someone who donates 10 to you, 10 to your friend, 10 to each of your guildmates ... he donates 10 to everybody he can. He THEN donates 500 to someone in a single week so he can be caught. He WANTS to be caught at that point. When he gets caught, YOUR BUILDING (the one he donated 10 to) gets deleted. All of your friends' buildings get deleted. All of your guildmates buildings get deleted ... because he donated 10 points to each of them. His whole plan is to delete as many buildings as he can.

How can I stop someone from donating 10 points to my building, and then get it deleted in a month when he is ready to be caught?

DeletedUser276

You cant stop it. But I use my brain when I check out accounts. I can figure out what the intent on donations are pretty well.

DeletedUser

You did not understand my message. The danger isn't from someone who donates hundreds of points to you. The danger is from someone who donates 10 to you, 10 to your friend, 10 to each of your guildmates ... he donates 10 to everybody he can. He THEN donates 500 to someone in a single week so he can be caught. He WANTS to be caught at that point. When he gets caught, YOUR BUILDING (the one he donated 10 to) gets deleted. All of your friends' buildings get deleted. All of your guildmates buildings get deleted ... because he donated 10 points to each of them. His whole plan is to delete as many buildings as he can.

How can I stop someone from donating 10 points to my building, and then get it deleted in a month when he is ready to be caught?

What is it that he will be caught for exactly? I have a feeling a few people here are misunderstanding the rules. Most of these scenarios have been addressed in the past. There's a deleted player who donated hundreds of FP to my buildings. Who was it? I have no idea, don't really care tbh. Maybe it was a cheater, maybe he just quit. I wasn't working with him in anyway so my buildings weren't affected.

DeletedUser276

pretty much. I mainly go for players that have agreed with others to swap forge points cross world or cross language server. Or people that create multiple accounts to donate.

DeletedUser8813

it is a worry when you see people donating a lot of fps to your gbs.
but i really only have one who was in my hood before gbs came about and since i started building them he has been the major contributor to most of them.i would hate to count how many he has put into my gbs .
we have chatted and he seems genuine and says he is in no hurry.and i reckon he must just about have full sets of prints for all the gbs i am building.