• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PVP Towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6345

I'm currently battleing in the Bronze age still. However my research is into the Middle Ages.

I was wondering if i use Middle Age units in a non-pvp fight, will this exclude me from the Bronze age tower?

I read somewhere if you use units that are not in the Bronze age for PVP, you will disqualify yourself from the event.

Could somebody shed some light on this?

DeletedUser

No you wont be disqualified from any PvP contest.
In order to add points to a specific age tower you must not use troops that belong to a more advanced age.

In your case, if you use middle age units your battle points will add to the middle age towers. If you use bronze age units they will add to the bronze age tower. If you use a mixture of middle age and bronze age troops then the points will add to the more advanced age tower, in this case the middle age one.
So nothing stops you from competing in any tower you like.

Same with the non-PvP fights. The battle points you get add to the tower of your more advanced units.

DeletedUser

There's no disqualifications. What happens is that the points for each battle get logged at the tower that matches the highest-Age unit you used. If that unit comes from a PvP tower you haven't unlocked yet, then those points are essentially wasted.

DeletedUser6345

So how does this happen?
How on earth do you get that many points with so little fights lol.

forge2yq.png

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/3755/forge2yq.png

DeletedUser65

a few possible reasons

1 by fighting bigger/more advanced armies than you are. the more advanced the troops the more points you get
2 by not taking any damage.just as you earn points for killing troops, points get deducted from you for any injuries and or deaths you take

DeletedUser653

As you progress 12k points can come from as few as 3 fights in LMA.

33 fights looks like iron age fighting and a lot of 2 spear battles or lost battles

DeletedUser5943

Just resisted a battle... but it say "opponent's victory points - 1333" - does it still get points in PvP towers if a battle is lost? :confused:

comp_zps2af549e2.jpg

DeletedUser653

no points if you lose - sorry

also worth remembering if you are going to lose to hit the surrender button and save troops

DeletedUser1094

Those points shows, how many points the attacker had accumulated in the battle, up to the defeat. No points were given, of course.

DeletedUser

So to get this clear:
If you're watching a Replay (of which above post is a screenshot of, because the defender is to the right side), you'll see the points your opponents WOULD'VE gotten, but didn't in the end, because they lost?

If that is correct, I'd suggest making that clear in some guide or FAQ..... *goes looking for Pendragon*

- L

DeletedUser653

thanks KD, I should have looked better!

No points if you are attacking and lose,
No points if you are defending and win.

DeletedUser1050

So, what's the sense in attacking and retreating?
Just testing the water, so to speak?

DeletedUser5943

So, what's the sense in attacking and retreating?
Just testing the water, so to speak?
You can't do that in PvP tournament. (well, you can, but then, not allowed to attack again in 24 hours)

You retreate if you think you can't win the battle, or the casualities would be high, to save some units.

DeletedUser1050

Well there is that.
I get a regular attack from a few players and since the replay they just seem to make a move or two then retreat.
I was wondering if it tied into the number of battles and the ranking in the PvP tower or are they just hunting for easy wins and walking through the opponent lists?

DeletedUser5943

Well there is that.
I get a regular attack from a few players and since the replay they just seem to make a move or two then retreat.
I was wondering if it tied into the number of battles and the ranking in the PvP tower or are they just hunting for easy wins and walking through the opponent lists?
How strong is your defending army compared to the attacker?

DeletedUser

Well there is that.

Hey Mi ookie,

It could just be the attackers going through the list, checking out your defending army while making a few moves and then conclude that they'll probably die within the next few turns or take losses they don't want, so they surrender.

There also was a glitch that players got battle points from entering a battle and retreating (I am personally not sure if any kills have had to be made for this glitch to work).
This glitch has been fixed with 0.18 and has caused a several players to lose a few thousand points in ranking.
If you consider that 50 Battle Points = 1 Ranking Point, and the lowest reported loss was around 2000 points, you can guess that several players were quite actively abusing this 'retreat glitch'.

It might also be that your attacker was trying out that glitch (which has now been fixed).

- L

DeletedUser1050

hmm, I thought I responded to this, ;(

My defense is a mix of long bow, cannon, though I just dumped those and heavy infantry mix, lately Imperial Guard.

I was thinking it might be 'point farming' or some form of hunting for easy prey.

One fellow finally developed a decent tactic against the AI, so we'll see where he takes it.

DeletedUser3157

Haha ok my bad. But it really looks like 106k if u watch it from angle! It's the number of fights what prolly fooled my brain. I mean the dude at 2nd place has 10k pts with 75 fights, bloody hell that is like average of 138 pts per fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.