• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Producing Goods

DeletedUser

that's my arguement :) there should be more leeway in the planning of each city.
if person A has one more road than the next guy , he shouldnt suffer for it.
why make it so that each town should have to be perfect?
you get an exp , that you want to put a 4x4 building on , and guess what?
because the building takes up all the exp space , youve got nowhere to put your road.
why make it so HARD? :(.it's frustrating.
next 2 exps will be lumber mills , i need 60 by end of iron age.
there is 1 ( one ) trade on the market :(
marble , which i have , for stone , which i dont.
so i'm logging on 3 times a day , every 8 hours, for 5 mins each time.
and to be honest, thats not really the way i like to play :(
shame , FoE could be so much better , with a couple of tweaks :)

DeletedUser

eeerm coz it wouldn't be a dare or any fun anymore, it's you who has to figure out to build it the best way (same as in tribal wars or such you build wrong... you loose). still there are many ways to build your vill..

anyway here's a shot of my village (and you can c how many space i've not even used).
Myvill-1.jpg

DeletedUser

Of all the things that don't make sense with lonestar's build. Roads wouldn't be first in my mind.

rooftile houses. You log on every 8hrs and have a 15 minute build time house?

You have 3 marble masons. why? You are acquiring territories on the continental map aren't you? I see no military?

DeletedUser

stone masons not marble masons,im guessing cos he needs a lot of stone and doesnt have a deposit

DeletedUser

stone masons not marble masons,im guessing cos he needs a lot of stone and doesnt have a deposit

It's not very clear what he has a deposit of. As he doesn't appear to be making it.

The below might help plan a little better
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlaPM-Xp4k9xdEtMSGhKU09pT2NQbnp6TS1ucWh3R2c#gid=0

Have you purchased any expansions lonestar? I could be wrong but it looks like you are playing on the original square. You should have added 6-7 expansions by now.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yeah you are slightly more ahead than him m8,and thats still a lot of roads :p

slightly more ahead? he's was slightly ahead by claiming not enough space. and now being stuck.. NOONE HAD THAT.

means only in my eyes.
you build wrong and you researshed wrong as well (this i said once b4,before this issue came up)
yeah you can shout around too many roads.. you never showed your vill thou.. and eeerm did you looked?? i could build miles more road that many space i got. wich isn't this topic issue?
and not someone claiming he has fewer roads,and not even showing it how he got 'less' roads. it's just like someone shout's i got bigger balls but in the end it's a girl.

Of all the things that don't make sense with lonestar's build. Roads wouldn't be first in my mind.

rooftile houses. You log on every 8hrs and have a 15 minute build time house?

You have 3 marble masons. why? You are acquiring territories on the continental map aren't you? I see no military?

Now magic,was that aimed at my post..coz then you are all so wrong.. and apparently blind. i got 1 marble 1 granite 1 iron and 1 brick the stone one isn't even there as i demolished it right b4 (why? cos i can build an advanced mason).

so next time look b4 you answer.

i have no military BUILDINGS.. very correct.. i don't need them atm.. doesn't mean i got no units. also i am not every 8 hrs on like you do.. i'm here or all day on my day off or at work and yes then i can't mint them.. doesn't mean my girlfriend can't?

So pls all stop halucinating and open your eyes b4 your mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The Great Milenko, magic marker was talking about the OP's (lonestar) city not yours :)

DeletedUser

yes my bad i just looked back and indeed..

sorry Magic :)

anyway lonestar indeed has 4 stonemasons.. why? nobody knows..
so yeah.. again lonestar.. it is you that is using your space wrong ,those roads do not even interfere with this.. demolish 2 masons and you can build what ever you like.

DeletedUser

Again.. WHY?

coz that is the most stupid thing.. i did produced copper the same waybut only 2 foundries.. but 4 masons that are as big as 1 expansion is just plain stupid.

anyway i think we all where very clear... He has space enough,he's just to stuborn to play the right way.
You can think about attacking,but with no units you just can't..

DeletedUser

anyway lonestar indeed has 4 stonemasons.. why? nobody knows..
because i have no stone deposits , apparently no one in my group has , no one is trading stone , they are ASKING for stone , and in my research bar , i need 33 more stone to unlock stuff.
btw , i have 5 stonemasons now.why?
because i dont fancy waiting (4 hours x 33).132 hours.for enough stone.

DeletedUser

He has space enough,he's just to stuborn to play the right way.
define the right way?
i can slow down a hell of a lot , sit in front of the pc , clicking every 5 mins , and waiting until i have enough res / goods to unlock research.and only build the minimum required to get the goods i need.and save an exp as " temporary moving space ".
and play very ......very......slowly.
i think inno games could improve FoE by making one or two small changes , as it stands , i think they dont have it perfect yet , i think the space restraints will put too many people off playing.if it stays like this , then at some time in the future , i will decide it is not for me, and stop playing.
this is , of course , just my opinion :)

DeletedUser

anyway... you maybe think right..
so you also do know it's just not done in a simple mouseclick?
also as you pointed out you already gave the staff the idea..

so your ONLY option is.... wait...be patient.... wait a lil longer..

(hmmm if i only had some diamonds) :D

DeletedUser

okay , think ive done the screenshot
1564wsz.jpg

apologies for the delay , father in law was ill
but better now :)

I went by this picture which is roughly 18 by 18.

Mine is only 20 by 28. i have 30 free squares and could tech another 2 expansions. I have 120 happiness at all times and 1000 population space.

There are a few differences to the build.

You have more goods buildings than me. 4 marble versus honey gold and limestone.
All the big builds are at the edges. A road only needs to touch them. not go all the way around.
And i build houses that give better population. I don't sit and click (Mainly because its boring to do so), so pick buildings with a longer cycle and hence more population.

DeletedUser

Do you churn out product A and wait for someone to trade with you.
or do you build the factory to turn out product B very slowly.
further choice. you have the space for 5 factories , so you can turn out lots of product A fast.
or you can put up 5 factories of product B and get it 5 times slower Lone

only about 5 active players on my block and i think they all have the same Product A's as me cause there is never anything i can use on trade. so i build Product B factories as needed and when i can i make lots of them to get it done quick and over with. in early middle age on it makes it really ruff and i wish there was a way to sell forge points like you can buy them cause i would be sooooo rich from the waiting on product B's hahaha

DeletedUser

If you have trouble aquiring certain goods, go through all your neighbours and check their production buildings. In an active neighbourhood I'd be surprised if you don't find any. Then when you find the correct building, contact the player and work out a private deal. In my neighbourhood, there's a massive demand for honey and not enough people producing it. 4 of 12 pages of requests are asking for honey. But after contacting 3 players I have almost gathered all the honey I need in less than a day. A very nice player(Tymok) even offered me 1:1 rate despite knowing he can get a rate of 3. So contact your neighbours!