• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Producing Goods

DeletedUser

a question guys:)
you have a deposit of product A.
you have no deposit of product B.
you need product B for research.
Do you churn out product A and wait for someone to trade with you.
or do you build the factory to turn out product B very slowly.
further choice. you have the space for 5 factories , so you can turn out lots of product A fast.
or you can put up 5 factories of product B and get it 5 times slower , but f*** the rest of the guys in your group , you're doing it your way and let them struggle :)
Lone

DeletedUser1081

... i've built multiple factories for goods i have no deposit of. but why is that "effing" the rest of my group?? i trade what i can with them. they trade what they can with me. there are some goods no one has deposits of and we all grind them out the slow way.

DeletedUser

nothing sounds smarter than plan B, if I don't have them and nobody's trading, I make them myself, it's because we have no choice as mere mortals :p (actually we do, it's called diamonds)

DeletedUser

Mink , that's more of where my group is in the game. ( end of bronze - start of iron).
so they are at the stage of just starting to turn out goods for trade.
as everyone has different deposits ( so i believe ) they will produce the goods that they need first , before trading with the group.
the question is ....do i ( A ) turn out the goods i have fast , and wait for a trade , or ( B ) turn out the goods i dont have , slowly , and use them myself to research etc.and not rely on waiting for a trade?
A produces 5 x the goods speed , but will i get a trade?
B turns them out slower , but no need to wait for a trade.
if i go for B , i won't be trading the ' slow ' goods with my group , and wont have any fast goods to trade.
so i'll be relying on myself to turn out the goods i need , regardless of speed.
the " ...effing ". had a smiley after it :)

DeletedUser1081

... you can build production buildings for the fast and the slow goods, you know, making enough for yourself and to trade with others. helping your neighbours catch up to you is good business policy.

DeletedUser

with 3 more expansions i could :)
not with the " limited " space i have :(
one guy in my group has the buildings for the 2 goods that i need.
i'm happy to trade the 2 goods that i have with him.
at a 0.5 ratio , so he gets 2 of mine for 1 of his.
unfortunately , i can't tell him this, as the in game mail system is not working.
which i am informed, will be fixed with the next update.
do we know when that will be ? :)

DeletedUser

the envelope is greyed out
i can not send messages ( text does not appear when i type )
if i receive any , i can not reply.
4 tickets have been put in , and answered. the mail system will be fixed with the update.
alledgedly :)

DeletedUser

the envelope is greyed out
i can not send messages ( text does not appear when i type )
if i receive any , i can not reply.
4 tickets have been put in , and answered. the mail system will be fixed with the update.
alledgedly :)

I had the same problem when I first started @ Cirgard, but now it's working. Good luck with yours :D

DeletedUser

ok , gave up waiting for the update ( delayed ) and have built 4 stone masons , turning out 1 stone per 4 hours , per building.
so i'm getting , overall , 1 stone per hour.
i need 48 .
see you in 3 days :(

DeletedUser

with 3 more expansions i could :)
not with the " limited " space i have :(

Hmm you make it sound like the rest of us have been granted additional space while you, only you, are being made to deal with much less ;)

As for communicating with your neighbours, sorry to hear your ingame mail isn't working :( One way to work around that is to type in your profile settings what your goods deposits are, which goods you're in particular need of at the moment, etc. That message will be visible whenever anyone in your neighbourhood mouses over your profile in the neighbourhood ranking bar.

DeletedUser

Hmm you make it sound like the rest of us have been granted additional space while you, only you, are being made to deal with much less...... if it came over like that , i apologise:)
i think its a mix of things , the game design ( if i could use forge points to buy exp ) , the speed i play at ( fast ) , the speed my group plays at ( slower ),
the actives in my group ( from 6 to 12 at max ) , and the stage my group is at in the game ( end bronze - start iron ).
so its frustration on my part :)
i've started on arvahall server , and the ' balance ' is so fine , in my opinion , that it takes away from my enjoyment of the game.
build a house , lose happiness , build decoration , no space left for res.
the balance shouldnt be that close / fine / hard * ...* choose any / all of those :)
the frustration is that they are SO close to getting it right :)
and the profile info? thanks very much :) i'll do that now , see if it works :)
Hey , every game needs a Grumpy Old Git , in this one , it's me :) :) :)

DeletedUser

hey buddy, mind posting a screenie of yer town, maybe some people can give you some sort of advice?

DeletedUser

i have changed my profile text on arvahall , but can't on brisgard :(

DeletedUser

posting a screenie of yer town......certainly will , if you can tell me how? :)
i used tinypic on grepolis , this might be different?

DeletedUser

press the "Print screen" button and use paint or any other image editing software and press ctrl+v save the file as a .png or any type you want, go to imgur.com and upload it, get the tag and paste it in yer reply :D

DeletedUser

if it came over like that , i apologise:)

Nothing for you to apologise about, I was just trying to point out that the rest of us (us non-diamond users, at least) had to make do with the same issues. Nor are you the only one who is far ahead in the neighbourhood they're in. Therefore it can't be impossible to work it out... you just have to keep trying and consider different strategies without letting it stress you out :)

I used spreadsheets a lot in the beginning, personally I found that to be very helpful in finding the best location & fit for everything.

lol Oh I dunno, for a Grumpy Old Git you sure do smile a lot! :p

DeletedUser

okay , think ive done the screenshot
1564wsz.jpg

apologies for the delay , father in law was ill
but better now :)