• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Poor algorithms make city "defence" pointless - it favours the attacker always

eeyore

Corporal
Troops are lined up as follows:

My City Defence: 4x Ninja + 4x rocket troop (i.e. Ninjas go first) - all Virtual Era - with around 380% defence boost / 70% attack boost (so not too bad(
My Attacker: 1 SINGLE hover tank - 7 rogues.

My attacker ALWAYS wins. Why? Inno's AI makes my Ninjas attack the rogues first! They re-spawn as: you guessed it, difficult hover tanks.

If this was a battle that I could actively fight, I would attack the single hover tank first (hopefully destroy it), then the rogues. I would also hold back on my rocket troops (or only fire where I do not hit rogues).

Suggestion: INNO should work on it's algorithm to make city defence autobattles (they are automatic, since I have no input it - apart from changing troops) fair to the defending units. Inno's "triggerhappy" "attack / plunder- friendly" AI is heavily biased towards "war mongers".

DeletedUser96901

I have an idea to make attacking easier
how about a GB that kills half of the defending units :o

Just another way of crying the blues - lol - ooooh woooes wit me - I've been attacked and plundered again.
You know the deal - collect on time; adjust production cycle times to mitigate plundering, and so.

The AI could be changed if they wished to make rogues useless (I want a refund on all diamond slots opened then in my hideouts - lol).

DeletedUser99588

man your a bore eeyore. Always whining about being attacked. Suck it up buttercup and just get on with playing the game. You know what you need to do so stop looking to blame Inno for your own failings.

Vesiger

Monarch
Troops are lined up as follows:

My City Defence: 4x Ninja + 4x rocket troop (i.e. Ninjas go first) - all Virtual Era - with around 380% defence boost / 70% attack boost (so not too bad(
My Attacker: 1 SINGLE hover tank - 7 rogues.

My attacker ALWAYS wins. Why? Inno's AI makes my Ninjas attack the rogues first! They re-spawn as: you guessed it, difficult hover tanks.

If this was a battle that I could actively fight, I would attack the single hover tank first (hopefully destroy it), then the rogues. I would also hold back on my rocket troops (or only fire where I do not hit rogues).

Suggestion: INNO should work on it's algorithm to make city defence autobattles (they are automatic, since I have no input it - apart from changing troops) fair to the defending units. Inno's "triggerhappy" "attack / plunder- friendly" AI is heavily biased towards "war mongers".
There is already an AI which doesn't do this. Innogames have chosen not to use it for neighbourhood combat...

Agent327

Overlord

Not to bad??????

In VF that is a joke.

Use 8 medusa or 8 plasmaartillery and you might have a small chance.
Continuing to use the defense you have is plain stupid.

I'm a trader and dont like it either when I get attacked by a troop of rogues and one other unit, as it is definitely frustrating watching the re-play and seeing how dumb all my units are. I think there should be a degree of randomness on which unit the defence army makes its initial couple of attacks as that would even the playing field a little bit. If the one real unit is hit and damaged beyond the attackers comfort level, then the attacker can still retreat.

Oh - I forgot to mention - When I attack hood players - I use all regular troops - and then click auto battle - I let the chips fall where they may.