• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Planned changes - discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

It is so stupid since I already upgraded my city and buildings are not going to be recalculated, and I spent resources for them earlier, and anyone who is slower in his progress will have more advantages with it. Right? Then, what point of going fast through tech tree?

DeletedUser

...Are they falling on deaf ears?
Seems like it.

Well, the mods on the other forum just like Blacksmith here is asking for less complaints, threats, etc and an answer on how to solve the problem. The answer has been given in every other post. The point upgrades are fine. In fact those IA buildings need it. The solution to the problem is to recalculate everyone's point total after the new values are applied. That makes everyone happy. Problem is, it's already a done deal. The mods on the other forum know it and are letting us blow off steam discussing it. The developers had no intention in changing this despite it being quite easy to code.
I got to the same conclusion.

DeletedUser3157

So what's the story here FoE staff? Are you still gonna go through with this idea as it was first presented, or u reconsidering ur options/ways of going for it now, after having seen this rather negative feedback?

DeletedUser

It would be beneficial to all of us, both staff and players if we could get answers on those questions and suggestions. At least it would stop ranting and will show professional way of communicating with customers (after all, we are beta-tester customers, aren't we?)

So, could you please, Countess, as first in the staff chain here, give us answers to:
1. What is decision on implementation - how it is going to be made (with or without recalculation)
2. When we are going to experience that wonderful update (Date would be nice, hour with in even nicer!)

And please, from professional and gamers point of view, stop making us feel like wearing permanent L on our foreheads, thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11219

@hint, you seem to be suggesting our opinions have any bearing on the decision that has already been taken. Zero appreciation for customers. As has been said, there's discussion, then there's innoDiscussion. It seems such a simple tweak to resolve everyone's issues though, but obviously we are just moaning for the sake of moaning without coming up with any solutions, huh? (Pro-tip: Retro calculate points value)

Inno spake and it were thus

@blacksmith "If your going to complain then try to come up with some solutions to the complaint"...might want to take a quick scan over the thread....pretty much every post provides the solution....again, for the avoidance of doubt...retro-calculate the values.
Also, I really don't like the tone of your post, it is unprofessional and downright insulting. But I guess that's just the inno way.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
Having read all posts , i conclude the ONLY SENSIBLE thing to do is to adjust the points, when this update happens.
This should be a no-brainer. There is too much weight of opinion here to ignore.

DeletedUser

@Kingdomcome, I don't know about the reset, but I still hope that the guys at inno are just busy with the RL holiday and/or managing the event and thus were unable to address this issue so far, but they have an easter egg up their sleeve that will allow us all to put our concerns to rest.

DeletedUser13082

Use your heads. If you do not recalculate scores of pre-existing buildings then players will lose out on points in the long run. The fact of the matter is that this update is pointless anyway. The points may have been wrongly calculated to begin with but what difference has it made? Again trying to fix something that isn't broken in the same way you did with battle point changes. Leave the existing features how they are, nobody has complained about them and there are no issues with them. Try fixing the bugs in your game before you go rolling out another update which will likely create tons more of them!

DeletedUser

This is a joke. Just listen to what everyone here is saying and RETRO CALCULATE POINTS VALUE!! It's the only way your not going to anger all of your long playing (and paying) gamers!!

DeletedUser15014

It's all about the Benjamins. Unless there is a mass exodus from the game because of the upgrade, the diamond users will eventually migrate towards the buildings with more points (even after taking an initial big point hit). Can you imagine the income this game is generating divided among how many developers?

DeletedUser12633

Use your heads. If you do not recalculate scores of pre-existing buildings then players will lose out on points in the long run. The fact of the matter is that this update is pointless anyway. The points may have been wrongly calculated to begin with but what difference has it made? Again trying to fix something that isn't broken in the same way you did with battle point changes. Leave the existing features how they are, nobody has complained about them and there are no issues with them. Try fixing the bugs in your game before you go rolling out another update which will likely create tons more of them!

I don't necessarily agree with that. People will lose points shortly after this will be launched live.
People who will upgrade their buildings once this has been implemented will be the biggest losers as they will lose new points values from building bought with old point values.

Now there are a few options and these are my personal opinions so please don't get mental at me:

- You will not be affect that much if you carry on playing as normal (= not upgrading straight away or upgrading little by little which means step by step over a certain period of time)

- You will gain points if you make sure that you sell all the buildings you're planning to upgrade just before the change is implemented (within the same day) and rebuild just after the change has gone live ( you will still sell with old values and rebuild with new values = point gain) For this to happen we will need a DATE of implementation and we need to make sure we don't leave too much time between the sell of our buildings and the rebuild.

- You are the biggest loser if you decide to upgrade everything (sell and rebuild) AFTER the change has gone live.

THUS the urgent need to KNOW a time frame as to when this is likely to happen and I don't think it is very honest to announce change without giving us even a rough idea as to when it will happen (within hours? Days? Weeks?) We are Beta but still; there should be a bit of accuracy and precision in the announcements. That's my 2 cents opinion :))

DeletedUser13082

I stick by my previous comment, and the comment of a lot of other players. re-calculate the scores for existing buildings in cities OR do not allow players to lose more points than they earned from the building. This may be a BETA, but that doesn't mean that it's OK to screw players with such a ridiculous update. The simple fact of it is that you're too lazy to do the update properly, you tried to cut a corner and it didn't sit well with your customers. The short cut failed now suck it up and get on with doing the job properly.

I'm aware of the ways around this problem such as selling before and rebuilding after, I have already announced this plan to Titans Houndsmoor in order to ensure that none of our members lose out. The fact of the matter is we wouldn't have to do this if the development team were doing things properly and not trying to cut corners and take shortcuts.

Majority of time when an update such as this is announced it is announced with at least a date. In this case the date would mean that players were able to find a way around losing out on points by doing what we have said. It is either a nasty coincidence that this is the one update that hasn't been given a date OR the idea we have has already been thought of by the team and they have no intention of letting us know when it is so we can't put the strategy of destroy prior and rebuild latter into action.

Personally I don't think any amount of complaints or suggestions will ever be heard or taken into consideration on the matter. The decision has been made and they don't care whether it's a good decision or a bad one. They do what they like when they like. I simply complain and voice my opinions because that's the way I am, not because I believe it will make a difference.

DeletedUser

Each server has perhaps 2500 properly active players? That makes ~20,000 EN Server players. Of those, how many have taken the time to right mouse in-game, come to the forums and tell Inno how wrong they are? ~50? So with very, very loose maths, 1 quarter of 1 percent of the player base are unhappy about this proposed change. There might well be an argument that if you raised a delta of the financial input of those 50 against the rest of the population then the percentage would be significantly, higher. That is conjecture.

When you profess to be the mouth-piece of the sheeple, you have to be prepared for the silence of the lambs...

DeletedUser3157

Unless u have a ton of natural art museums+wheelwrights or full town upgraded into huge InA buildings, the theoretical loss will be barely even noticeble. Mostly cause it will be same'ish for everyone u are up against and 2ndly cause there will be no "loss" or change of pts for you of any kind anyways. Just the knowledge of points you could have had. Come new age and new buildings, ur score still goes up by normal amount when u upgrade into it, since more advanced buildings will have higher score than what gets subtracted. Yeah u lose some gap against players behind u, but u should be ahead of them anyways due to superioir buildings and advance. About diamond players disadvatage, quite sure vast majority of players who wanted to build InA diamond buildings and had waited months for new age, did so during the 2 weeks we have had InA out in the open now. Those who not in InA yet and plan to build them should once again be further down of u in rank anyways, hence not effect you directly.

Defending points-change BS propganda post: check

To Culurien: 10 pages thread in these forums pretty much equals a full blown riot with marshal law and army on the streets, it aint the most active forums and talkative gaming community.

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
i wont even bother reading what others have said in this discussion. im only going to ask you one simple question:
ARE YOU SERIOUS?
if i delete an old building, i will lose the new points, that i never actually got? do your update, but calculate the changes in the old buildings, and recalculate the points. its really stupid if we actually lose points that we never got. when i build a certain building i got 100 points, now if i delete it, i will lose 150... where is the logic there?

DeletedUser4354

So, here is your solution tree, since you just decided to dismiss any previous calls for proper corrective action and label them as non-communicative:

1 - You credit retroactively as you should, something that is NOT AT ALL COMPLEX as all you have to do enumerate any cities that have IA buildings in it, take each IA unit in the city and add/subtract the difference between the new and old value to a counter variable, and then add/subtract that total to the owner of the city global ranking points total. More the point, you have done this kind of operations retroactively before, over far more complex scenarios that includes going through a player's log in order to recalculate things.

2 - if you want to label yourself as BETA and keep that label perpetually as a way to excuse your lack of coding and ethical business practices, then you must agree that every diamond spent on an IA unit that we delete prior to the update, something we must do in order so that the rank points lost are the same as the rank points I PURCHASED WITH THE DIAMONDS YOU SOLD ME, will be credited to my Diamonds balance. Not an ideal solution as there will be a number of hours, unknown at this point, in which we won't be collecting supplies or cons from lost building, and happiness will be severely affected on any other units that can still produce. This will also affect the player's city defenses and offensive capabilities. For this reason rank points should be credited for this by calculating the MEDIAN number of points a player produces per day over the last 7 days and adding it to their global ranking. Why not an hourly pro-rate? Because most players produce most if not all of their points over a relatively small number of hours.

3 - Do nothing and continue to antagonize an ever smaller number of hard core players. It won't take long before you will be applying for some German Welfare as the number f players that will keep playing this game are those that have zero interest in ever giving you so much as 1 euro. This might just get me sufficiently fed up with all the BS I have had t bear playing a game I only play because my family also plays it and take the spare time I waste on this **** and get players, litigators and district attorneys all into what it takes to put arrogance like the one you are displaying in its proper business context and place.

DeletedUser276

I never said I dismissed anything that was said previously.

Obviously this thread isnt working out well so i will be closing it after this response till someone higher can respond.

The points wont be a significant change for 99% of the players here. Some are making a mountain out of a mole hill. This happens every time there is a change to the game. We dont want to make it look like we dont care but its really not as bad as some people think. Yes there are some point loss's. There are some point gains as well.

My previous post that some seem to take personally which is your own decision if you did was directed at the players who were just trying to jump on the bandwagon without actually thinking things through.

I do not have a date for this to be put up. It was considered I guess a boon to alert players to this change way in advance. Which of course players have taken way too far and think its worse than it actually is.

I have sat here and fought for better communication to the players and staff that are working on the sites. I guess this is what happens when this happens. I apologize for getting better communication for upcoming things. Changes will happen. I have said this since day 1. Yes we are beta. I have said that in numerous posts as well. Am I hiding behind that? no. I am just stating fact. This happens with any other beta game.

The points in this thread have been made and some players have put forth from what I see good ideas on how to settle or make the change more appreciated. However no answer is going to please everyone.

Till we hear from a higher up I bid you Adeu.

Status
Not open for further replies.