• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Options to Motivate, Polish or Plunder after an Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
I propose that the Motivate and Polish options be available after a successful attack, in addition to the current Sabotage option.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes, there was a similar suggestion made previously (found here), but the poster did not use the Idea Template and no real feedback was given in the thread. A slightly different idea was also suggested here, but with the same general reasoning.

Reason:
Many people attack their neighbors on a daily basis in order to get more town ranking points, and compete in the PVP towers. Most of them (I believe) are not doing it for the chance to plunder, and previously would skip plundering altogether. However with the arrival of the Great Buildings system, people feel the need to plunder after every attack for a chance at a blueprint. This can be discouraging for newer players to be repeatedly attacked and plundered.

Details:
My proposal is to simply keep the Motivate and Polish options available to the Actions tab after a successful attack. I currently try to plunder the lowest value building available when I attack my neighbors but even though what I gain from looting a Chalet will mean nothing to me, it can be very discouraging and annoying for the Bronze Age player I am plundering. But I do not want to have to decide between PVP points and a chance at a blueprint.

Visual Aids:
Example screenshot within spoiler tags.
5EYfu8c.png
Balance/Abuse Prevention:
Should create no balance or abuse issues, as far as I can tell.

Summary:
Having more options available to players will allow people more freedom for their own style of play while hopefully making it easier for newer players to get established in neighborhoods with more advanced cities. The option to Plunder would still be available to those that wish to play more aggressively and nothing would be changed for them with this suggestion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8813

+1

from me i attack for pvp and xp..and i rarely plunder unless i am plundered or they have the default defense up so you dont get the pvp points..
so i like this as i could attack then polish or motivate them

DeletedUser

+1 Its got a very realistic feel to it. No reason why the victors should HAVE to be mean (even though some of us are LOL). Plus, if there is nothing to plunder but a stone hut then I could motivate it for 20 coins instead of plundering it for 6. Win - win.

Edit: If this idea is adopted, would it be asking too much to say . . give us 80 coins instead of 20 if we mot/pol after the win because we spent more time on that city and to encourage the victor not to go after the noobs small stuff?

DeletedUser12146

+1
I like the idea. Make us an option to pol/mot/plu and we choose ;-)

DeletedUser

One more excellent idea from you :) You have my support. Perhaps I would even feel ok to attack some people if I could then help them.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

The number of times we come across some poor "NOOB" and are forced to plunder because of trying to find BPs for GBs even though we dont want to can be very annoying. Just need to ensure that the chances of receiving a BP by polishing/motivating remain the same as those for plundering otherwise I see no downside to this idea.

a DEFINITE +1 from me for another good idea.

SHELOB

DeletedUser

I've seen this idea discussed before quite a few times but never before in a "real" idea.

I like especially how it caters to every attacker: those who like plunder, can still do so, but for those who prefer to support, there would be that option as well.

+1 from me.

Just need to ensure that the chances of receiving a BP by polishing/motivating remain the same as those for plundering.
Actually, currently you have more chance gaining a blueprint by supporting, than by plundering ;) I hope that would remain the same, yes!

DeletedUser5026

+1 from me too!! Excellent idea, Taeriyn... I'll probably do that for the newcomers... Veterans, on the other hand... Hehe... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Thanks, but I can't really say it was my idea. This has been suggested before, all I did was put it into the template form.
Ideas are overrated. Everyone has dozens of them every day. People who act on those ideas are rare as pearls. It was your idea to act on something that had been kicking around for a while. Take the credit. Its due. Now lets hope the one next up the ladder will act.

DeletedUser

While doing some digging through older posts and quotes, I found an interesting snippet from this Innogames Blog post:

Innogames Blog said:
Another area that will receive changes very soon is multiplayer – cooperative as well as competitive. Very soon we will introduce friend’s lists and new social interactions, for example “repair” and “ravage”. With “repair”, a visiting player can repair a plundered building, restoring its full harvest. Using “ravage”, an attacker damages a decorative building. It loses its effect until it is repaired by the owner.

This blog post was made on July 19th and is thus over six months old and may no longer be applicable, but that "repair" option would be great for many of the same reasons mentioned in this thread. I hope this plan hasn't been scrapped.

DeletedUser

Can you imagine the indignation of those who spent a small fortune erecting happiness buildings, only to find them being 'ravaged' and the happiness gone? Ooooooooooooooooohh the horror,

DeletedUser

Can you imagine the indignation of those who spent a small fortune erecting happiness buildings, only to find them being 'ravaged' and the happiness gone? Ooooooooooooooooohh the horror,

I just really want to ravage someone's flower pots and bushes.

EDIT: That was a really weird thing for me to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.