• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Options to Motivate, Polish or Plunder after an Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

+1 from me on this,

I would happily mot/pol after attacking, i attack almost every neighbour every day but dont plunder, so to be able to pol/mot would be great.
This exactly, why this idea will not come through. The basic mechanic is that you are allowed to have one interaction with each player per 24 hours.

The available interactions are:
1. Support - Pol/Mot, helps other players, gives you chance at BP and might improve your relations with your neighbors.
2. Attack - Attack/plunder, improve your score and let you win expansions at the towers, this is balanced by lower BP drop and possible relations impact with your neighbors if you choose to plunder.
3. Event actions - beneficial, but short term - usually brakes the normal routine(its pro/con)

So obviously you want this, so that you'll get the benefits of both worlds i.e. in violation of "make yourself richer" rule.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

The available interactions are:
1. Support - Pol/Mot, helps other players, gives you chance at BP and might improve your relations with your neighbors.
2. Attack - Attack/plunder, improve your score and let you win expansions at the towers, this is balanced by lower BP drop and possible relations impact with your neighbors if you choose to plunder.

So obviously you want this, so that you'll get the benefits of both worlds i.e. in violation of "make yourself richer" rule.
I don't get how this makes you richer. Unless there's only huts, stilt houses, or rooftile, you would not be making yourself richer. Again, I think everyone would still agree even if the BP rate was dropped for m/p a neighbor after breaching through his/her defense

bilboman

Corporal
The BP drop rate is pretty low anyway and so your average benefit from plundering is usually higher so the main benefit is better relations with your neighbours. The other option associated with attack is "neither plunder nor support" which may result in slightly better relations with the neighbours but gives no BP drop.

This change would not change that there is only one interaction with each player per 24 hours. It would just increase the number of possible combinations permitted:
1. Support
2. Attack + Support
3. Attack + Plunder
4. Do nothing

I support this change since it would make things more interesting. I would have no problem with a reduced BP rate after an attack. This change wouldn't violate any rules and the same options would be available to all players.

DeletedUser

I don't get how this makes you richer. Unless there's only huts, stilt houses, or rooftile, you would not be making yourself richer. Again, I think everyone would still agree even if the BP rate was dropped for m/p a neighbor after breaching through his/her defense
wizard1001 post from before explains the obvious benefits of support actions. Furthermore BP drop rate matter only to those who plunder, while those who avoided it to maintain good relationship will gain a huge boost with this suggestion.

Overall this suggestion is designed to encourage more peaceful gamestyle, offering a nice incentive todo so, but this incentive will cause balance issue that anyone is yet to address, thus it doesn't matter how many people support it.

DeletedUser

Plus it encourages neighbors (rather than make them quit). You can see all the haters that don't like being plundered. Half of the people that do plunder do it to search for BPs; even if you got the same ratio for plunder, I bet you many people would still do it.

just a bit curious as to how someone who doesnt like to be plundered is a hater?

@Mordin, you do make some excellent points especially if you buy into the idea that the game is perfectly balanced as it is, I am not so sure that it is, just because something is a certain way and we are used to it does not mean it is balanced and perfect. that being said, i do agree that it turns attacking into a win/win versus a choice, however, i dont really view it as a choice at all the way it is now, expansion slots are one of the most valuable assets in the game and the bp drop rate is so small that it is a no brainer for me to attack for medals, (yes i know others may not see it this way), i know on sundays i polish/motivate everyone and hardly ever get a bp for it. when i attack on other days i dont plunder bp drop is even lower and i keep up relations. So, i have a proposal similar to an earlier one but slightly modified, how about the option to polish/motivate after an attack, but with zero chance of a bp drop, even take away the 20 gold earned if you like, but one thing this does is improve relations, because it helps them and also lets them know you have no intention on plundering them in the next 24 hours. so you still have your choice of bp chance or points but not both.

DeletedUser

Been thinking about this and i now agree it would be a good option. Possibly remove the 20 gold gain, seeing were gaining rank and tower points for the attack already. Would be nice for those of us that generally dont plunder to have a bp chance after a attack.

DeletedUser

Sorry, but all that numbers wiggling doesn't make sense. You don't attack people to improve relations... When you invade you either plunder or show mercy and leave them be.

DeletedUser6461

Being a PVP player, I attack neighbors only for points. I use the plundering option only against those neighbors bearing the 2 spear defense. So, if it's implemented, i can keep up a good relationship with my neighborhood and the daily mot/pol rate can be increased in both ways and hence more activity and more fun.

In view of the above, a +1 from me too :)

DeletedUser

Sorry, but all that numbers wiggling doesn't make sense. You don't attack people to improve relations... When you invade you either plunder or show mercy and leave them be.

no i dont attack to improve relations, i simply dont plunder them after to improve relations, and if you dont understand all that numbers wiggling i dont now how to explain it in any simpler terms.

DeletedUser

No, you choose to sacrifice the benefits of plunder, to avoid ruining your relationship. The number wiggling refers to people trying to "balance" a mix of attack and support actions which would make invasion into a humanitarian act... Bottom line with this suggestion instead of you having to sacrifice something, you will get the benefits of a mild support action. So its both violation of "make yourself richer" and creates a balance issue to make other choose this path. Until this is addressed its a fail... i dont now how to explain it in any simpler terms.

DeletedUser

"Bottom line instead of you having to sacrifice anything, you will get the benefits of a mild support action"

Plunder coins = gain points. Sacrifice by not plundering and feel good for being merciful. Simple?

DeletedUser

+1 one of the best, sense making ideas i have read so far. Hope this gets implemented. Cheers.

DeletedUser

So its both violation of "make yourself richer".

Kinda really over everybody quoting the "make yourself richer" rule all over the forum, when they just dont like the idea, i have seen it on quite a few threads, some justified others not, I suggested no bp chance and no coins for mot/pol after an attack, not exactly trying to make myself richer there, but i am sure you will make it seem that way by saying something like, if you mot/pol them they may be more likely to help me, doubt it but big whoop if they do. Also, most things in the game, when they were implemented had the ability to make those who used them a certain way richer and those who didnt not. creating a system where bp drop rates are greater for mot/pol than for plunder, scewed the balance scales slightly in favor of mot/pol over plunder, than they were prior to that element being added to the game. So, that changed the game balance a bit, my point being, most changes that are implemented have this effect to some degree, sometimes they work out well and sometimes they dont.

DeletedUser

I suggested no bp chance and no coins for mot/pol after an attack ,not exactly trying to make myself richer there
Sure it is(if you are unfamiliar with the benefits of support actions, you might want to check some guides). Right now a player who choose this path get nothing and with this they will get something.

Also, most things in the game, when they were implemented had the ability to make those who used them a certain way richer and those who didnt not. creating a system where bp drop rates are greater for mot/pol than for plunder, scewed the balance scales slightly in favor of mot/pol over plunder, than they were prior to that element being added to the game.
There is a difference between tweaking and balancing systems you implemented and introducing something you know is unbalanced, with no plan to address it.

The problem is that in trying to make it work, you lost sight of the issue at hand. Lets take a look at the idea, it is meant to address the issue of "newer players to be repeatedly attacked and plundered", by rewarding those who do not plunder with "a chance at a blueprint'.(because people "feel the need to plunder after every attack for a chance at a blueprint")

You agreed with me that this will not do, because it creates an overpowered action.(the other reduction in BP chance you mentioned, was likely for the same reason). Instead you now offer to allow people to allow people tp pol/mot instead but with no BP chance and coin gain.

Will this address the issue of people attacking newer players, for the chance of BP - No.
Will this reward the people who already partake in this play style - Yes.

So yes, I am quoting "make yourself richer" and balance issues again and again. (p.s. on topic of helping newer players merged with pvp sharks and can't fend themselves I suggested another idea. which IMO will actually address the issue and won't cause balance issue)

DeletedUser

In real life, some Countries invade others to steal Land or suppress people, creating hatred, others attack to free the oppressed or take back what is theirs, creating happiness, so the plunder or motivate option actually adds realism to the game.
+1 and then +1 again

DeletedUser

Mordin, I still disagree with your viewpoint on this one, but its no real big deal either way, this was just a little tweak i would like to see added to the game. However, when i started a thread on this topic and when this thread was started, helping the newbies get along in the world was not mentioned as the main reason for people wanting this action. Yes, people did want to have some type of reward without having to plunder, so i think you have your threads a bit mixed up here, and that is thoroughly discussed on the merging neighborhoods thread. I did see your post there and was not a fan of the idea, and I believe i did read a very valid arguement as to why your idea would create some unbalance in the game, which you promptly shot down, i can assume is because it was not your view. but thats all ok, you do stick to your beliefs.

DeletedUser

@cosmosdad1. Maybe you should start a new idea, which would reflect better what you want. Because to be honest, I don't understand how you can disagree with an augment relating to this idea, when you unaware what is i.e. those quotes in the previous post are from the OP of this thread...

As for the discussion in the merging neighborhoods thread you are talking about. We all have our viewpoints, because according to my observation the majority of that thread was about the unrelated issue of neighborhoods size and while it touch on various other issue relating to neighborhoods, I haven't seen one idea that came to fruition. Which is why we got this section to help flush out those ideas, if you believe that you have a valid argument or have another viewpoint on one please do share (Not fan or simple +/- 1 doesn't carry the same punch as an explanation)

@theonlysilky, History books are nice, but I doubt that the common folk back then marched to steal Land or suppress the people. While defend/liberate/avenge/enlighten etc reasons that were inline with their beliefs back then, seems to me more realistic. Furthermore, realistically war are very expensive ventures and there is nothing human or happy about it, especially to the loosing side.

DeletedUser

however, if you look at the history of the U.S.A. in wars they almost always give money and supplies to the other side afterwards, i.e. motivate/polish, lol, just pointing that fact out. you know since people using real history in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.