• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: One down kit

DeletedUser103370

I think he means downgrading the population requirements of buildings, so you could have CA military/goods buildings, but you'd have the population requirement of a PE equivalent. (Ages for example only)

I could be wrong though

Hmm. Give me an exact example plz?
Btw. you've became a mod? :DD cool, now you'll have to answer me!!!!!!!!

I think he means downgrading the population requirements of buildings, so you could have CA military/goods buildings, but you'd have the population requirement of a PE equivalent. (Ages for example only)

I could be wrong though
Well, kind of. What I mean is that I think it is wrong for a person in FE to be able to produce BA goods with the population requirement of BA. If they want BA goods but start with a FE building requiring population, they should have to maintain the population at FE levels.

DeletedUser4089

Hmm. Give me an exact example plz?
Btw. you've became a mod? :DD cool, now you'll have to answer me!!!!!!!!
Yes, I've gone back to the dark side as they say :D
And I can't give an example better than Prinza just did.

Well, kind of. What I mean is that I think it is wrong for a person in FE to be able to produce BA goods with the population requirement of BA. If they want BA goods but start with a FE building requiring population, they should have to maintain the population at FE levels.
See that's what I had in my head it just wouldn't type right. I quite like that as part of the idea.
And I think kits for tavern silver seems the right way to go about it.
Though I still haven't really decided if I like the general idea lol.

DeletedUser103370

Ic, but if the building is downgraded to BA, it will produce the BA equivalent stuff isn't it? I mean it's like if you've placed a BA building in your city, which you can do in any age?

If it produces BA goods, and only as many as a BA building supposed to, then it should require the BA equivalent population.

DeletedUser4089

Ic, but if the building is downgraded to BA, it will produce the BA equivalent stuff isn't it? I mean it's like if you've placed a BA building in your city, which you can do in any age?

If it produces BA goods, and only as many as a BA building supposed to, then it should require the BA equivalent population.
This would be for special event buildings, not regular buildings.

DeletedUser103370

This would be for special event buildings, not regular buildings.

What's the difference? Special event buildings has their own age too.
Some of them has a single age if I'm right, so that couldn't be downgraded anyway.
Others are all ages, for example the SOK. These - just like regular buildings - if downgraded, would produce less, thus their requirement should be lower too. Of course there would be no point in downgrading SOK, but production buildings are the same.
For example the Bazaar. But I think it's very straightforward, the requirements and the production are already worked out for the different ages, I really don't get it why should it change?

DeletedUser110195

SoK isn't all ages, though the only difference is in what blueprints motivating can give and what coins you get.

Things that produce goods aren't all age either, but their age impacts what they produce significantly.

I'm kind of on the fence about this.....seems a bit harsh to make a building keep its high end population requirement.

DeletedUser4089

The example I can think of is a building that produces goods of x age. Recently, some lucky people have been getting palace sets. The Maharaja's Palace produces 5 goods of the same age as the Palace. So if you have a PE Palace, you get PE goods. With this kit you could turn it into a IA Palace and receive IA goods.
The extra part is that while you would down it to a IA goods maker, you would still require the PE population for it.

Later if you wanted to go back to a PE Palace, the pop requirement would stay as is.
If it's then upped again, the pop requirement would raise accordingly.

Edit: So you would pay tavern silver and a high pop requirement to make lower age goods in a smaller footprint than a regular lower age goods building.

DeletedUser110195

I can see you haven't gotten one of them yet Bart...the palace gives no population and requires none, of course you could simply replace the palace as the example with tribal square, which gives population or Santa's Workshop, which requires it.

joesoap

Major-General
some1 in AF could win a bazaar in the summer event, it requires a population of 1070, if the AF player only wants it to produce fps then they will get 2fps a day, however if they downgrade it to BA it will still produce 2fps a day but only need a population of 90
to keep the building at the original age could be a bit of a nightmare, will it keep its original points value of 96000 or will it only be worth the BA value of 100?

DeletedUser4089

I can see you haven't gotten one of them yet Bart...the palace gives no population and requires none, of course you could simply replace the palace as the example with tribal square, which gives population or Santa's Workshop, which requires it.
I managed to snag a few of them, I just forgot about the 0 pop :D
Thanks for the other examples.

It's too hot today, I blame it all on that.

Edit:
some1 in AF could win a bazaar in the summer event, it requires a population of 1070, if the AF player only wants it to produce fps then they will get 2fps a day, however if they downgrade it to BA it will still produce 2fps a day but only need a population of 90
to keep the building at the original age could be a bit of a nightmare, will it keep its original points value of 96000 or will it only be worth the BA value of 100?
With Prinza's addition (that the population required would stay at the higher age), there wouldn't be the issue with pop described.
As for points, I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

Yeah, I think the task of downgrading it that far is enough to warrant it having population requirements in line with the age it's downgraded to. I would absolutely drop all production buildings I use to crank out FPs to BA if the population requirement drops with its age.

DeletedUser103370

SoK isn't all ages, though the only difference is in what blueprints motivating can give and what coins you get.

Things that produce goods aren't all age either, but their age impacts what they produce significantly.

I'm kind of on the fence about this.....seems a bit harsh to make a building keep its high end population requirement.

Maybe I misunderstand something, but to me it seems SOK is all ages :)

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Shrine_of_Knowledge
But yeah there is not much difference, and sure it wouldn't make sense to downgrade it, I just brought it up as an example!

The example I can think of is a building that produces goods of x age. Recently, some lucky people have been getting palace sets. The Maharaja's Palace produces 5 goods of the same age as the Palace. So if you have a PE Palace, you get PE goods. With this kit you could turn it into a IA Palace and receive IA goods.
The extra part is that while you would down it to a IA goods maker, you would still require the PE population for it.

Later if you wanted to go back to a PE Palace, the pop requirement would stay as is.
If it's then upped again, the pop requirement would raise accordingly.

Edit: So you would pay tavern silver and a high pop requirement to make lower age goods in a smaller footprint than a regular lower age goods building.

The Maharaja's Palace is a multiple ages building too, and it supposed to give variable rewards. In other words if you downgrade it you get less. I'm not sure if it's goods production change with age too or if that's static, still I think if it was designed that way, it should stay that way. Tbh I'm not even aware that you need population for it?
http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Maharaja's_Palace

But let me put this in another context:
all the buildings which can have multiple ages, produce different amounts too. So that means it's obvious if you get less product on a lower age, then requirements should follow!

Last edited by a moderator: